Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you do to fight the student council in your daily life?
When no one is looking, I eat one or two grapes at the grocery store without paying.
I sometimes tell my manager that I'm going to the bathroom, but I'm actually sitting on the toilet and reading the Kakegurui thread.
I hide in the corner of bookstores and read the books, and then I put the book back without paying for it.
One time, I ordered a pizza and it got delivered when me and my friends were hanging out so I gave the delivery guy a beer and told him not to tell his manager but I think he might have told his manager anyway
View Results

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Episode 3 has the series back in my good graces. I understand they had to set up the new arc but I didn't care for the guillotine gamble and I don't particularly like the sadist girl. So the first eps didn't have much for me since Yumeko took a back seat to both of them and the plot until she chewed them all out at the end. Mary is a good #2 so I'm happy to have her and actual games back, can't wait for the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Amazing Grace was good but I don't care for the gambles that don't actually involve gambling. It was just a talent contest! The Macaron one was gamble-esque since there was reading and a bit of a coin flip at the end but the final one with the cards was very gambley. Although it also seems mostly luck based since even if you read a lie you have no way of knowing what they actually threw down. It was fun to watch though.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

The third game is basically a press your luck game. What you're really trying to read is when the opponent(s) are telling the truth. Them lying doesn't matter since it doesn't help you, but knowing when they're telling the truth gives you better estimate of where the total is.
This makes sense, but man I feel like the reading can only do so much since if they say they're throwing down a 1 and you can tell if they're lying or telling the truth there's no real way to know which of the other 12 cards they played. Definitely a press your luck game but a really tough one. That's Kakegurui tho.

Tangentially related but I started watching the drama version of this the other night and wow their take on Suzui is the best. He has his moments in the anime but generally I forget he's even an entity since he gets drowned out by Yumeko and the rest of the crazies. In the drama he serves as both the everyman and also a narrator/Speedwagon type figure and he is way more animated and engaged than the Suzui in the show has ever been. The actor has fantastic delivery and together with the comedic timing he gets solid laughs from me every episode.

The rest of the cast is good too. The "Kakegurui" faces and rants are a bit more awkward done by humans irl vs in the anime with the twisted art style shifts but it is super stylish and really entertaining overall. That's 3 eps in though, I hope it can keep up the momentum.

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Feb 28, 2019