Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you do to fight the student council in your daily life?
When no one is looking, I eat one or two grapes at the grocery store without paying.
I sometimes tell my manager that I'm going to the bathroom, but I'm actually sitting on the toilet and reading the Kakegurui thread.
I hide in the corner of bookstores and read the books, and then I put the book back without paying for it.
One time, I ordered a pizza and it got delivered when me and my friends were hanging out so I gave the delivery guy a beer and told him not to tell his manager but I think he might have told his manager anyway
View Results

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It's a shame they skipped out on showing one of the gambles from before this that happened in the manga. I hope it comes out in an OVA or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

If you mean the Tower, it's in one of the key visuals for this season, so I doubt they'll skip it.

:shrug: If they're going straight into these gambles, idk where it'd fit appropriately, even as a flashback unless there's a later chapter where she's prominent. I'd think it'd be reserved for an OVA though as the best place.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

KidDynamite posted:

Around what chapter should I start reading if season 1 was my end point? Can't wait for netflix to get season 2.

Chapter 28/Volume 6

Is this series gonna be 2cours or 1 cours because, based on the manga, the pace might be different if they want to get to the end of the election.

Grouchio posted:

Still waiting. :colbert:

Of the StuCo, only Ririka and Yomozuki are the prominent players during the election. The others aren't really relevant. The family also basically shows up like a sequence of bosses to be set up and summarily knocked down like the StuCo before them. Yomozuki is the exception as she's basically the one organizing the show. Idk what figure would represent the people who stand outside the class war and facilitate it

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Baloogan posted:

Oh, I've got a question, is the girl in the orange hoodie a nod to umaru-chan? like, an evil version?

I wouldn't think so. I think those animal hoodies are just a thing that one can get there and they're cute if a little juvenile.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Two major things that are different from the manga from the latest episode: One is the non-playing assistant which I don't recall from the manga. The other is that, in the manga, if you went into negative votes for whatever reason, you basically went into vote debt to the winner which effectively kicked you out. Instead, they've replaced it with a new token with an actual cost which may imply that they can be traded or exchanged or some such and that might muddle latter bits a little

It's a wait and see for how these changes pan out though. Kakegurui is 1-cours per anichart, so we DEFINITELY wont be getting through the election at this rate without some truncation, I think, but it's possible and probably likely that they'll squeeze some of the matches to fit assuming each match is two episodes a pop.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I forgot that there were that many votes floating about in the school. There's a fuckton of students.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Can Of Worms posted:

Remember that service votes can be obtained so some votes might not actually be from a student.

Service votes aren't actual votes. They're IOUs/ The numbers come straight from the manga and Service Votes are original to the anime.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I overlooked that they skipped a gamble, but they switched it around instead. It makes sense given the one I assume is following it.

Other thing that I didn't mention: The Idol vs. Actress Gambles originally had votes tied to each round (30->30->100) instead of points. It comes out more or less the same though.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Amazing Grace was good but I don't care for the gambles that don't actually involve gambling. It was just a talent contest! The Macaron one was gamble-esque since there was reading and a bit of a coin flip at the end but the final one with the cards was very gambley. Although it also seems mostly luck based since even if you read a lie you have no way of knowing what they actually threw down. It was fun to watch though.

The third game is basically a press your luck game. What you're really trying to read is when the opponent(s) are telling the truth. Them lying doesn't matter since it doesn't help you, but knowing when they're telling the truth gives you better estimate of where the total is.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Imo, here's how the card counting works: across the whole deck, the average value of a given card is about 6.5. This value will shift throughout the game as cards go in, but this is the average and a good ballpark to use without having to recalculate averages every time. Beyond that, you just treat every card you know add their given value and every card you don't as 6.5. When to pass is upto the player based on if they think the pile total is above, below or around 63. The declared total is also a benchmark of how honest the table is, but it's a pretty bad one overall. The big thing is that the more players there are, the more that luck basically plays into the game since you can't accurately guess what they have if they're lying

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So this is where the moved the Tower Gamble? Weird.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Shingouryu posted:

So I'm assuming the tower is rotating and Yumeko is gonna take the central stairs once it completes?

Seems to be hinting at that with the angles and the central door getting blocked. Seems a little too simple though.

You're exactly right

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So I guess they skipped the War game. It makes sense since Yumeko doesn't play in it, I guess, but it's a shame since we don't get to see the Vice Prez strut her stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Kakegurui S2 is over. Unless they want to have filler again or adapt spin-off material, it'll probably quite a while before there's enough material for a season 3. They only skipped one gamble this season, and they're telegraphing the start of it at the end of the last episode. That they've more or less put things back to where it would've been in the story without the original character is extremely lmao.