Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I keep going back to BoF3. It has a hard mode I want to try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Cutting out the walk out of empty dungeons would be best.
:frogout:

Are there anyone who doesn't speed up random battles now that they can?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Can you get back to the town and check the other floors of the palace?

Almost level 10 and you don't have any other attacks yet?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Good job, Brix. After seeing what happens in other games, it is nice to see the hero do exterminations.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Most games would give you that broken attack item much later in the game where it is less than useful. This is admitting that early encounters suck.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think the high encounters are to get you more healing items (and stones) if you were too cheap to buy enough. Until you beat that soldier, your levels didn't seem that impressive and you got two levels from two bosses that gave you a bunch of stats.
Maybe you should have everyone be in back and use the key on encounters.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
All those encounters made the music restart so often it was like the Labyrinth Zone music track in Sonic 1. 15 seconds followed by drowning.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It was said that Marbl3 stops random battles.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That was a terrible blacksmith if the saw barely handled a tree.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Didn't expect a positive ethnic cleansing in this game. Romero sounds like something out of Pet Sematary.

What is the item limit for stacks? Just so long as it is a multiple of 9?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The boss should have been named Troll, for having a larger HP bar for a second wind.
Good riddance to a teleport maze.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Some games have fungus named myconids or combination of #nids.

I am pretty sure the Nina cutscene with the old man is something perverted like a puff-puff.

There is folklore about the dangers of walking in fairy rings. Stuff like being cursed or losing an eye. Nice stuff.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That was a refreshingly short boss fight. Dragon form seems awfully strong in this game.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I forgot it was the adult form of the dragons and not the whelp. It sure took a while to get the power and Ryu got the advanced form off the bat.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Turns out there was more to the earthquake device that destroyed Nanai. By playing the waiting game, you get a couple more messages before the game kills you.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I still know that feeling.

The cutting room floor has a bunch of stuff that got removed or changed from the game. Even had unused music.

That water trap didn't seem so bad with the jail bars there. They should have used something more solid to lock you in.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That is quite an oversight to have such equipment available so soon.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The ghost mom track is Castle in the Sky music. It is called Fate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrTu7BAjjCA

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Apr 9, 2019

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
They must be the lesser known marine dragons of the clan.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Four characters is too short for me.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Having two characters able to transform makes Ryu less of an OP character finishes all the tough fights.
These Dark Dragons are lovely at being dragons.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 03:49 on May 4, 2019

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The encounter armor only seems to work to reduce encounters that happen a few steps since the last one.

I can't imagine a use for having walls around an underwater town.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
They really have a thing for fixed damage attacks. I am guessing the 3.5 and 5.5 are quake spells?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
A BoF mini-game that is quick and rewarding? Outstanding.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You can safely ignore fishing in BoF3, but the silver knife you can forge at the start is such a leap in power and mandatory for getting a Master the instant she is available, that you would be foolish to ignore. Craft one and be done with it forever. gently caress the mansion without that knife.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Get new dragon forms and you end up fighting roaches to advance the plot.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Rest in hell, Cort. The guy seems built up to be like Kefka and failed getting anywhere.
The frog oil is basically promoting licking frogs.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Did Nina have a fight with Bleu at some point? I totally forgot if there was.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Time to squash a bug.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Why is Karn not the MC? Imagine being the hero and everyone else is potentially a bigger shitkicker than you are.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Karn's newest form screams "kill me". I might have pegged Karn as part of the Dragon clan, as he does a good job transforming into something not like a dragon.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Good thing your character is always facing forward when the world turns or this would be intolerable.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Are you still here?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That certainly is a spin on an old gimmick. Maybe the game was a trial run of ideas and they just settled on annoying mini games that waste your time.
Went back to BoF3 and failed again to impress D'Lonzo.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I question how civilization has not collapsed under all these godly artifacts. There isn't a fantasy nuke situation with any of these keys, it is all global scale power.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It seems the creators were smart enough to have some protection from abuses, as that robot performed as it did.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The game sure has designs like it belongs in an older era. The level-ups sure don't feel that way.

I take back what I said about fishing in BoF3, I can't stop fishing for stuff and I am doing the Rebalance Mod on the side.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
There should be a mod to reduce the grind in that game and a better translation as well. I heard about the localization being terrible.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Does BOF2 have the worst iteration of the Dragon system?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
How did they know that music can hurt dragons?