Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

indigi posted:

NO SENOR

NO SENOR

NO SENOR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol he sounds like he's doing a dramatic interpretation of Bears fans at the end

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

SKULL.GIF posted:

Lol this won't stop all the death threats for Parkey unfortunately

I knew the ball spin looked weird

Whatever happens to Parkey, who cares. He deserves it.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

SourKraut posted:

Whatever happens to Parkey, who cares. He deserves it.

Direct your anger at the failure of the Chicago Bears offensive line. Had they done their jobs Parkey makes the kick and the Bears win. He proved it on the first attempt that got iced.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

BGrifter posted:

Direct your anger at the failure of the Chicago Bears offensive line. Had they done their jobs Parkey makes the kick and the Bears win. He proved it on the first attempt that got iced.

I'm not convinced it was tipped at all, because looking at the frame-by-frame video that was posted, the ball doesn't seem to change rotation or direction due to the hand nearby. It probably is just a close non-touch, or if he did, it wasn't enough to deflect the ball so much. He simply shanked it because he's a bad place kicker who also has doinked and missed several other kicks this year. They need to cut him and he needs to never play football again.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

BGrifter posted:

No you see this is sports so we're going to be reactionary, aggressive, and have very dumb takes. :colbert:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Hey I didn't catch the game did the Bears win?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

SourKraut posted:

I'm not convinced it was tipped at all, because looking at the frame-by-frame video that was posted, the ball doesn't seem to change rotation or direction due to the hand nearby. It probably is just a close non-touch, or if he did, it wasn't enough to deflect the ball so much. He simply shanked it because he's a bad place kicker who also has doinked and missed several other kicks this year. They need to cut him and he needs to never play football again.

Regardless of whether it was blocked or not (it was) his confidence is shot and he’ll likely never play football again.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypo_dIKQRek

LACES OUT

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

BGrifter posted:

Regardless of whether it was blocked or not (it was) his confidence is shot and he’ll likely never play football again.

Then he deserves it. He missed multiple FGs this year that could have won games and gotten the Bears a bye in the playoffs. He's now made several million dollars to be a mediocre placekicker, so I'm not having any sympathy for him.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

SourKraut posted:

Then he deserves it. He missed multiple FGs this year that could have won games and gotten the Bears a bye in the playoffs. He's now made several million dollars to be a mediocre placekicker, so I'm not having any sympathy for him.

He made the kick seconds earlier when it was iced. It wasn't until the o-line allowed an Eagles player to block the kick that it missed. We have an example of him kicking a clean good FG from the exact same spot moments earlier.

Cody Parkey is an innocent man unjustly framed by an angry mob of Bears fans!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

sweet thursday posted:

Hey I didn't catch the game did the Bears win?

The Bears won...

...the LOSER competition!

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZmwniOGsSs

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The best part is how delayed some peoples' reactions are

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

BGrifter posted:

He made the kick seconds earlier when it was iced. It wasn't until the o-line allowed an Eagles player to block the kick that it missed. We have an example of him kicking a clean good FG from the exact same spot moments earlier.

Cody Parkey is an innocent man unjustly framed by an angry mob of Bears fans!

You realize that nothing is ever static right, so the snap, the hold, how he rotates his foot to kick the ball, the speed at which he approaches it, etc, will all change from the first kick to the second? So it doesn’t matter that he made the first one, as it’s inconsequential to the second attempt except that he has to make a second attempt.

Just because he made the first one does not act as confirmation that only a tip or block could have caused him to miss the second. Something as simple as hitting the ball with a little bit more of the inside back of his foot could pull it left. He shanked and doinked plenty of other kicks in his career that were in no way touched or blocked so I don’t know why you think it had to be the reason. He’s a mediocre kicker and he probably shouldn’t be kicking in the NFL.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

Please keep this thread open until Ruddiger's plane lands

"It's just a game, guys," I tell myself as the last spark of light burns out of my blackened heart.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

ELO Musk posted:

Yeah they think it hit the bar and popped in until they see the ball fall forward and there's still a bit of disbelief until the refs wave no goal haha.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

ELO Musk posted:

It makes the salt from the diehard Bears fans all the sweeter.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

T Bowl posted:

Yeah they think it hit the bar and popped in until they see the ball fall forward and there's still a bit of disbelief until the refs wave no goal haha.

this was my thought. Even when it popped out I thought it had hit the vertical bar behind the crossbar that holds the whole thing up

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

When I saw it live it looked like it popped in.

Also there are several links on Twitter that show the kick was tipped and it went hard to the left after being touched.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

HereticMIND posted:

Oh my god this is too much.

Someone buy this man several high-end prostitutes, a baker's dozen kegs of the finest beer in Philly, and enough cocaine to murder a small rhino!

Javan Rhino or Sumatran Rhino?

Delita
Jan 6, 2005
I went blind for 2 seconds after it hit the post and I thought it was bouncing in. It took me til after the camera panned down for me to fully realize it doinked twice and out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Nervous posted:

Javan Rhino or Sumatran Rhino?

Six of one, half dozen of the other.