Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Chaos Continues, it was kind of a Contra clone and it was deece. I rented it as a kid

man i thought no one else played this. it was an alright game but there were some seriously hosed up timed missions in huge labyrinths once you cleared the normal levels, but it was cool you could do them in any order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

The Chaos Continues was rad but had its share of problems. As a kid I really liked how it expanded Jurassic Park and made it all feel really mysterious (this came out before Lost World). It also had really cool music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPvl0AJLpSs

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

man i thought no one else played this. it was an alright game but there were some seriously hosed up timed missions in huge labyrinths once you cleared the normal levels, but it was cool you could do them in any order

I was obsessed with Jurassic Park and dinosaurs in general when I was a kid so I played any of the games I could get my hands on

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Since The Lost World, Jurassic Park III, Jurassic World, and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom have all been shite, let's just go back and pretend The Chaos Continues and Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition on Genesis were the real sequels

Somehow there's a Lost World game on Genesis as well

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

This was the first game I hated because I was a stupid kid and got it because it looked cool. It was a hard pick between this and another SNES game.

It sucked. I didn't hate it until years later, when I realized that the other game I had seriously been considering getting at the store, but didn't because I wasn't familiar with it, was the one with a really cool dragon/demon and space marine on the cover. It was Super Metroid.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

extremebuff posted:

yah it was atough game, i never beat it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bolverkur posted:

The Chaos Continues was rad but had its share of problems. As a kid I really liked how it expanded Jurassic Park and made it all feel really mysterious (this came out before Lost World). It also had really cool music.

i'd start this level as a kid just to jam out to this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4RW3ofpnMA

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

This was the first game I hated because I was a stupid kid and got it because it looked cool. It was a hard pick between this and another SNES game.

It sucked. I didn't hate it until years later, when I realized that the other game I had seriously been considering getting at the store, but didn't because I wasn't familiar with it, was the one with a really cool dragon/demon and space marine on the cover. It was Super Metroid.

The LJN seal of poo poo!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bolverkur posted:

lol this was the game i posted here. its insanely terrible. but, cool music lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we6Hg-fFc5A

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I got that game for Christmas one year. I played through all the Spider-Man and Wolverine levels and just quit every time afterward. gently caress Gambit

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

speaking of jurassic park, i definitely hated the SNES one with the weird, blurry FPS segments, but the overworld music at the start of the game was really good

Oh man I forgot this existed. It was completely impenetrably weird

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Oh man I forgot this existed. It was completely impenetrably weird

yeah. it was weirdly based more on the plot of the book than the movie and the concept was actually kind of cool, that you had to find a bunch of keycards and stuff. more than half the game you really can't see what you're doing at all, though, and your only options are to fire one of two weapons at one of two different kinds of enemies.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Bicyclops posted:

speaking of jurassic park, i definitely hated the SNES one with the weird, blurry FPS segments, but the overworld music at the start of the game was really good

I loved that game lol. for some reason i remember you couldn't save at all? or else you had to write down codes which i would just never do. either way i beat it in one sitting

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Bolverkur posted:

i think its this one for me. ugh

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

I loved that game lol. for some reason i remember you couldn't save at all? or else you had to write down codes which i would just never do. either way i beat it in one sitting

i don't think it even had codes. pretty sure you just had to beat it in one sitting.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Bicyclops posted:

i don't think it even had codes. pretty sure you just had to beat it in one sitting.

God I'm bad rear end.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

extremebuff posted:

i'd start this level as a kid just to jam out to this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4RW3ofpnMA

Jamin with Bob

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
As an SNES kid I coveted the Genesis JP game where you could either play as a guy or as a velociraptor but it probably sucked rear end anyway

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

As an SNES kid I coveted the Genesis JP game where you could either play as a guy or as a velociraptor but it probably sucked rear end anyway

sorry it was actually pretty good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

the first level is full of leaps of faith iirc but after that it gets pretty good

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
N..no!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

its biggest crime was having no password system or way to save and having playtimes like this in a maze like game https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=4897

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

P-Mack posted:

sorry it was actually pretty good

Its a european platformer so its bad

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

European games being with babies slonging poo poo and vaccum cleaners out to kill you on the zx spectrum and end with dynamic horse testicles that expand and contract with how laden and ovwrbudened with sperm your horses nutsack is. Like the continent itself, nothing good has come from european games

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

European games being with babies slonging poo poo and vaccum cleaners out to kill you on the zx spectrum and end with dynamic horse testicles that expand and contract with how laden and ovwrbudened with sperm your horses nutsack is. Like the continent itself, nothing good has come from european games

*nods sagely*

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Exploring giant, endless levels without any semblance of thoughtful design and collecting 1000s of hidden baubles helps distract them from the crushing depression of having to be European

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

It did you just fell on spikes over and over, I can only remember liking the gamegear JP game and the snes one.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

its biggest crime was having no password system or way to save and having playtimes like this in a maze like game https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=4897

yeah. it was so infuriating when we rented it from Blockbuster that i had to beat it when i went to college and had access to save states.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

basically every game that i really hated was rented from blockbuster and then i hate-completed it on an emulator. how do you like me now, drakkhen, SMNES jurassic park, and Darius twin ?

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
life's too short to play bad games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

life's too short to play bad games

sometimes bad games are really short though.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Flannelette posted:

I can only remember liking the gamegear JP game
Actually I had this game too and the graphics were really cool for a handheld game but I never thought it was very fun

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
It's weird to occasionally remember that I own a Game Gear

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

sometimes bad games are really short though.

Comments like this indicate mental sickness.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

It's weird to occasionally remember that I own a Game Gear

take it to the controllers thread

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
Home Alone 2 on the SNES (pronounced SNEZ) OP.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Sometimes you just gotta show a lovely game who's boss by using 30 cheat codes, save states, and several hours to beat it and get the ending with one sentence and a bad JPEG (which you could have looked up on the internet in 5 seconds)

Yes I DID get back to the future. Thanks LJN

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I remember getting really excited for the brief period of time where blockbuster was selling a few games because "holy poo poo, we can just buy these ones and they're the same price as a rental!" except what I didn't know is they were that cheap because they were poo poo.

My brother picket out Lester the Unlikely which is its own story, but I decided to pick First Samurai for the SNES because come the gently caress on, it's got a samurai it's gotta be cool right?

You'd think it'd be hard to gently caress up a game about a time traveling samurai but unfortunately it's one of those garbage amiga-style platformers where the level design is just a bunch of random poo poo in a giant mazelike box and you have to find some arbitrary amount of poo poo before you can get to the end and fight a boss, and there's no animations for being hit or anything so occasionally you overlap a hitbox and a bar just goes down and everything feels all bad and slippery. The main thing I remember about it now is hearing the guy go "MY SWORD!" when he loses it, and also the first bit of Hallelujah that plays when you... hit a bundle of fruit or something? idk.

And of course I say amiga-style but looking it up on wikipedia of course it's an actual port of an amiga game, lmao.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

captain blood and twinsen is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Look how cool this train is though