Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
I played plenty of bad games, but I think I didn’t ever hate a game until Metal Gear Solid 4. 1 and 3 were awesome, and while 2 had a bad story, it was fun to play. Then 4 came along, and it just wasn’t great to play. Then I got to the point where you shoot missiles at robots while Raiden has a cool boss fight right next to you. If the game was gonna tease me with fun looking fights that I didn’t get to have, I wasn’t going to play it. drat thing ruined a good series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Domus posted:

I played plenty of bad games, but I think I didn’t ever hate a game until Metal Gear Solid 4. 1 and 3 were awesome, and while 2 had a bad story, it was fun to play. Then 4 came along, and it just wasn’t great to play. Then I got to the point where you shoot missiles at robots while Raiden has a cool boss fight right next to you. If the game was gonna tease me with fun looking fights that I didn’t get to have, I wasn’t going to play it. drat thing ruined a good series.

youre going to get rightfully eviscerated for saying 2 has a bad story. but 4 isnt my favourite either .. a bit too western feeling

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
aero the acrobat, op

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

I.N.R.I posted:

youre going to get rightfully eviscerated for saying 2 has a bad story. but 4 isnt my favourite either .. a bit too western feeling

i played 2 for the first time in 2016 or 2015 and i remember being amazed at the prescience of the story

VWVWV
Jan 19, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

I’ve beaten all of the other numbered entries but I’ve started 4 a couple times and can’t really get into it. A friend spoiled the ending for me when it came out and the first three hours of the game didn’t hype me up to see it through

VWVWV
Jan 19, 2010

I thought about it and the first game I really hated was also the first Sonic game I played.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

eek the cat

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

bioshock infinite sucks some rear end too

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Ninja turtles and the little mermaid on NES. So much rage

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I wonder if my parents felt the sting of regret for setting me down the Path of the Gamer as they watched me flipping my bitch switch in an extreme way playing The Little Mermaid on their wood grain Zenith television set

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I wonder if my parents felt the sting of regret for setting me down the Path of the Gamer as they watched me flipping my bitch switch in an extreme way playing The Little Mermaid on their wood grain Zenith television set

This but the snes lion king game

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

bioshock infinite sucks some rear end too

I think this was probably the first one I hated throughout too. I’m easily entertained and usually when I don’t like a game I just find them boring, I don’t “hate” them. But I was really caught off guard by how bad it was, even as someone who liked the first 2.

When Oblivion first came out I loved it, played it nonstop, would go on the official forums and get into flame wars with people who said it sucked, just absolutely lived Oblivion. Then after probably 300+ hours I was playing like any other day having fun, and then suddenly it hit me like a bolt of lightning from God: oh my god this game loving sucks rear end. Loved it one second, had a divine revelation and hated it the next, no in between.

malibu anime
Dec 23, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I think this was probably the first one I hated throughout too. I’m easily entertained and usually when I don’t like a game I just find them boring, I don’t “hate” them. But I was really caught off guard by how bad it was, even as someone who liked the first 2.

When Oblivion first came out I loved it, played it nonstop, would go on the official forums and get into flame wars with people who said it sucked, just absolutely lived Oblivion. Then after probably 300+ hours I was playing like any other day having fun, and then suddenly it hit me like a bolt of lightning from God: oh my god this game loving sucks rear end. Loved it one second, had a divine revelation and hated it the next, no in between.

That’s weird.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lmao awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol. DBFZ is the only game this has ever happened to me with.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Disillusioned Playing Oblivion

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

BioShock infinite shows why the whole series is worthless trash in every regard, IMO.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I never played it but the audacity of making your story "what if slaves were the bad guys" is pretty funny.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
one of the games my parents bought for my PS2 was SOCOM 2 which is was apparently sony's attempt at breaking in to the CoD market early on. it had a lot of cool ideas but in practice it was a very slow, boring game with very bad aiming controls. i ended up playing it a lot because you can only play the same 2 games for so long. anyway i never really liked it and there ended up being a level at a hydroelectric dam with a hidden timer and it made me lose it and never play it again.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

one of the games my parents bought for my PS2 was SOCOM 2 which is was apparently sony's attempt at breaking in to the CoD market early on. it had a lot of cool ideas but in practice it was a very slow, boring game with very bad aiming controls. i ended up playing it a lot because you can only play the same 2 games for so long. anyway i never really liked it and there ended up being a level at a hydroelectric dam with a hidden timer and it made me lose it and never play it again.

Mods please delete this.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Larry Parrish posted:

what loving ASSHOLES looked at Ninja Turtles on the NES and said "DUHHHHH THE DAM LEVEL WAS THE BEST PART" Who put them in charge of making of steaming pile of poo poo? WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

what loving ASSHOLES looked at Ninja Turtles on the NES and said "DUHHHHH THE DAM LEVEL WAS THE BEST PART" Who put them in charge of making of steaming pile of poo poo? WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

lmfao

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The yoshi's island game for GBA too. Got it as a present for getting my tonsils out and my memories of it are puking up blood then passing out

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Thats like the easiest capcom Disney game d00d.....

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

This

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I liked a lot of trash as a kid so my first wow I really hate this moment is late but it's Mass Effect 3

there's a lot of talk about the ending being bad but really that's not even close to the worst thing about it, it's entirely mind numbing the whole way through

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Looney Tunes basketball on the SNES is loving impossible, and my dad would let me rent that but not super Metroid.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Tomb Raider, like someone said earlier, was just baffling for me. What a load of horseshit. MGS4 is a good shout out as well I couldn’t make head nor tail of it despite playing all the others to death.

I’ll be honest I hate MG Rising but that is simply because I just couldn’t get the parrying down and it made me so freaking mad.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

julian assflange posted:

Tomb Raider, like someone said earlier, was just baffling for me. What a load of horseshit. MGS4 is a good shout out as well I couldn’t make head nor tail of it despite playing all the others to death.

I’ll be honest I hate MG Rising but that is simply because I just couldn’t get the parrying down and it made me so freaking mad.

noob

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Kept running into this weird tiny brown man on 1-1 and theres no button prompts or qtes showing how to avoid it. Also he walks too fast. And even though the game world is sunny, the strange brown midgets testicles seem to be a static size. Pretty pathetic tbh. Taken all in all, Super Mario brothers is a load of horse poo poo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

Kept running into this weird tiny brown man on 1-1 and theres no button prompts or qtes showing how to avoid it. Also he walks too fast. And even though the game world is sunny, the strange brown midgets testicles seem to be a static size. Pretty pathetic tbh. Taken all in all, Super Mario brothers is a load of horse poo poo

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Uh WTF? Are the arbys employees sleeping? We're not paying you NOT to advertise the brand while making kindergarten bullshit with it. Get back to work or Mr Uyama will be hearing some very bad news indeed.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wrong thread.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

probably cavelan ughlympics because most of the minigames sucked but it was like the only multiplayer game on my uncles computer so my sister would always want to play that one

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I only had a vague sense of disappointment at bad games growing up so the first one I can remember hating was starbound.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

an actual dog posted:

I liked a lot of trash as a kid so my first wow I really hate this moment is late but it's Mass Effect 3

there's a lot of talk about the ending being bad but really that's not even close to the worst thing about it, it's entirely mind numbing the whole way through

I think I ditched it 1/3 of the way through... I thought about getting back into it a couple days later, but then the ending stuff blew up and I couldn't care anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
GTA 2. I played GTA 3 at a cousins house and had fun, but my parents wouldn’t let me get it. I saw GTA 2 at blockbuster one day and my little dipshit 11 year old brain thought “oh cool this must be exactly like GTA3!” Never been so disappointed in my life