Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

i really disliked the lucasarts adventure game the dig as well becasue i paid 30 of my own drat dollars for it and it started off with an insane color matching ANd music puzzle fuuuu.

on the other hand that means it only got better after the bullshit start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

I rented Shadowgate 64 once, thinking it was going to be some sort of RPG dungeon crawl, and got really mad at it.

i bought that for $2 out of a bargain bin when the next gaming gen kicked off and actually enjoyed it more than the original shadowgate because it isnt full of bullshit deaths

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

In retrospect it was probably a good game, but 8-year-old me couldn't appreciate it.

it wasnt

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

probably cavelan ughlympics because most of the minigames sucked but it was like the only multiplayer game on my uncles computer so my sister would always want to play that one

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i always thought everyone knew state of emergency was complete rear end but i just googled it and it got a solid 8.5/10 on gamespot.com

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Jeff Gerstmann has talked about it before and during the E3 they showed State of Emergency and GTA3 everyone was just baffled by GTA and heaped unanimous praise on SoE lol

im imagining the timeline where every aaa game has copied state of emergency instead of gta3 for the past 20 years now

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

oh man I just remembered Enter The Matrix for the PC. it was uniformally terrible - and despite that i bought it because i was hyped beyond belief for the second Matrix movie and wanted to get that _exclusive footage_ that didn't wind up in the movie

it cool how much you got owned by everything mentioned in this post

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

Your post kind if implies that the 2nd Matrix movie wasn't very good but it was in fact epic so at least he had that going for him.

your insane

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

speaking of sub mautica, natural selection 2. unplayable turd that required a super computer to run i pre ordered for $40 because i played ns1 non stop all through school. glad to see charlie "flayra" cleveland has done it again

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I know not what the first game I hated was, but I know now the latest.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

speaking of jurassic park, i definitely hated the SNES one with the weird, blurry FPS segments, but the overworld music at the start of the game was really good

its biggest crime was having no password system or way to save and having playtimes like this in a maze like game https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=4897