Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't own it but I couldn't understand anything about Tomb Raider or why anybody could ever think it was fun when I could play Mario 64 instead. But I'll have to think abotu the first game I rented that got me to realize it sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

rental of conan on nes when i learned that european perverts make games wehere drops of water instant kill you and you press up to jump.

*yump

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I remember Gamepro hyping this game so I looked it up and it’s by the same dev as Clayfighter. I also liked Clayfighter as a kid but it’s probably actually insanely bad as a fighter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_0r6fRx6a8&t=90s

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

This game made me rage too as a kid in the puzzle where you have to put the skeleton back together. And when you mess it up the main character says "drat. drat. Double drat." and my mom overheard and I got in trouble

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I've said this before but I got introuble when my friend and I rented Jak II and my mom saw a cutscene where Daxter gets horny and ogles tits while slugging a beer and she took the game away and I've hated Naughty Dog ever since.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I think this was probably the first one I hated throughout too. I’m easily entertained and usually when I don’t like a game I just find them boring, I don’t “hate” them. But I was really caught off guard by how bad it was, even as someone who liked the first 2.

When Oblivion first came out I loved it, played it nonstop, would go on the official forums and get into flame wars with people who said it sucked, just absolutely lived Oblivion. Then after probably 300+ hours I was playing like any other day having fun, and then suddenly it hit me like a bolt of lightning from God: oh my god this game loving sucks rear end. Loved it one second, had a divine revelation and hated it the next, no in between.

Lol. DBFZ is the only game this has ever happened to me with.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I never played it but the audacity of making your story "what if slaves were the bad guys" is pretty funny.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

State of Emergency is one of the biggest piles of gently caress ever shitted.

I bought it for 20 cents in 2013 an had a good time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol yeah I thought midway or somethingmade it until I googled it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

i always thought everyone knew state of emergency was complete rear end but i just googled it and it got a solid 8.5/10 on gamespot.com

Jeff Gerstmann has talked about it before and during the E3 they showed State of Emergency and GTA3 everyone was just baffled by GTA and heaped unanimous praise on SoE lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

Gaming becoming the home of sad gen-xer's failed Hollywood ambitions is absolutely one of the worst things to happen to the medium in it's history

Actually red deadredemption 2 is awesome due to the lore.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The most hated game I ever spent 60 dollars on was Metroid Other M. But I should have known better.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Enter the Matrix was ok. Path of Neo was completely deranged and it was fascinating. When you get to the final boss, 8 bit Wachowski siblings appear and explain that video games are dumb as poo poo so they changed the ending and then you fight a giant Voltron Smith made of hundreds of Smiths

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Frenz posted:

I watched a little bit of a subnautica stream when it came out and there's a fish that makes the awesome face when you feed it.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

No O2 Tank Upgrade yet? Alright listen up shitdick.

Step 1: Sub to the Official Slim Jim twitch channel to receive a free blueprint of at least Yellow Tier rareness.

Step 2: Sell the blueprint on the steam marketplace for ~5$

Step 3: Buy an Elite Lootbox from the Subnautica FurAffinity Group which guarantees an O2 Tank Upgrade blueprint.

You're welcome, turd monkey.

net cafe scandal posted:

Just realized what thread you posted this in. gently caress you. Figure it out yourself.

Edit: All right, I feel bad. You need to make an O2 tank and a repair tool to do proper exploring... do you have the blueprints yet? I think you start with them. I think its mainly just Titanium you need for that stuff, which you can find all over in the form of space ship debris. Take it to the fabricator

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I know not what the first game I hated was, but I know now the latest.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Im so glad I didn't fall for that one . Looks like a pile

:actually: it's basically 2019's Undertale, if you get over yourself and try to reject toxic groupthink and grow a spine.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

This was the first game I hated because I was a stupid kid and got it because it looked cool. It was a hard pick between this and another SNES game.

It sucked. I didn't hate it until years later, when I realized that the other game I had seriously been considering getting at the store, but didn't because I wasn't familiar with it, was the one with a really cool dragon/demon and space marine on the cover. It was Super Metroid.

The LJN seal of poo poo!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

life's too short to play bad games

sometimes bad games are really short though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ragg posted:

Haha. It's hard for us working family men with no free time on our hands.

Lol