Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A friend of mine had the infamous Atari 2600 version of Pac-Man, that was the first time I realized games could suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I'm thinking there was never a NES or SNES game I played that I just hated so now I'm trying to think of which N64 game. Superman comes to mind first and probably would have been one of the first ones I rented because of how cool I thought the boxart was. I might have hated Quest 64 but my mom liked it.
I rented Shadowgate 64 once, thinking it was going to be some sort of RPG dungeon crawl, and got really mad at it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

i bought that for $2 out of a bargain bin when the next gaming gen kicked off and actually enjoyed it more than the original shadowgate because it isnt full of bullshit deaths
In retrospect it was probably a good game, but 8-year-old me couldn't appreciate it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I think I've said this before but I got introuble when my friend and I rented Jak II and my mom saw a cutscene where Daxter gets horny and ogles tits while slugging a beer and she took the game away and I've hated Naughty Dog ever since.

lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Isn't that the case with all SaGa games? Complete nonsense
Unlimited SaGa was the most baffling game I've ever played.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

That game made me really confused and frustrated as a kid when I was meanwhile totally ok with stuff like Gex 3 and Glover. What a piece of poo poo
The Gex games are bad but they're not confusing or hard to figure out. They just suck.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It absolutely is not.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

oh yeah.... . THAT happened
They don't even use Shaq-Fu in the game:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What is this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

There was an advertisement for the Pagemaster game for the Genesis at the start of the Pagemaster VHS. Because I only had an NES, playing that game was some sort of weird sad holy grail for me.

When I finally got a Genesis I rented it right away.

I ended up having a similar experience with Ranma 1/2: Hard Battle on the SNES, since it was advertised at the start of Ranma tapes.