Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I remember getting really excited for the brief period of time where blockbuster was selling a few games because "holy poo poo, we can just buy these ones and they're the same price as a rental!" except what I didn't know is they were that cheap because they were poo poo.

My brother picket out Lester the Unlikely which is its own story, but I decided to pick First Samurai for the SNES because come the gently caress on, it's got a samurai it's gotta be cool right?

You'd think it'd be hard to gently caress up a game about a time traveling samurai but unfortunately it's one of those garbage amiga-style platformers where the level design is just a bunch of random poo poo in a giant mazelike box and you have to find some arbitrary amount of poo poo before you can get to the end and fight a boss, and there's no animations for being hit or anything so occasionally you overlap a hitbox and a bar just goes down and everything feels all bad and slippery. The main thing I remember about it now is hearing the guy go "MY SWORD!" when he loses it, and also the first bit of Hallelujah that plays when you... hit a bundle of fruit or something? idk.

And of course I say amiga-style but looking it up on wikipedia of course it's an actual port of an amiga game, lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU