Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I can't really remember the particular game but I know it was a NES game designed by Ocean. After a few more mistakes like that I learned the truth that europeans are imbeciles who have no clue how to design games because they grew up with the worst computers ever made. learned to avoid those company logos on boxes from then on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Flashback for the genesis, mostly because of the infamous and nearly impossible running jump into ledge grab near the beginning of the game that took 1000 tries and you had to do over if you died. As an adult it seems like a good game

Because you have to hold A while running but don't press a direction to do a very specific, special type of jump that you literally only need to do maybe twice in the entire game. This is mentioned only in the manual which you likely didn't have if you rented it. The recent remake keeps this dumb poo poo but at least gives you a button prompt to fill you in.

Flashback rules but just really runs out of steam once you get to the alien planet. Just dicking around and talking jobs in DC was super cool, should have been more of the game.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Éric Chahi developed Another World and Delphine published it. Then it obviously was a big enough hit that they were inspired to develop their own game with the same rotoscoped animation style. The same type of animation that was entirely inappropriate for a fighting game (Shaq-Fu). The games look so similar that people figure they are more closely related. I respect Another World but I think Flashback is way more fun.

I tried to play Fade to Black but it's one of those super early 3D PSX games that are a complete eyesore and impossible to get into if you don't have prior nostalgia.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Crimson Harvest posted:

I can't tell if Young Merlin is awful or good.

it's really weird. I played it in a marathon to completion as a kid and I think I enjoyed it. but I don't really want to go back to it and check. all I remember are bubbles and skateboarding on a mine kart. oddly enough it started out as a legend of kyrandia game for SNES.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Crimson Harvest posted:

Back to the Future on NES is perhaps the most poo poo on I've ever felt as a gamer.

coolest part is if you somehow torture yourself enough to get to the last level, you only get one crack at it. lose and the entire game ends with you stuck in the past no matter how many lives you have left.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Since The Lost World, Jurassic Park III, Jurassic World, and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom have all been shite, let's just go back and pretend The Chaos Continues and Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition on Genesis were the real sequels

Somehow there's a Lost World game on Genesis as well

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I got that game for Christmas one year. I played through all the Spider-Man and Wolverine levels and just quit every time afterward. gently caress Gambit

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Exploring giant, endless levels without any semblance of thoughtful design and collecting 1000s of hidden baubles helps distract them from the crushing depression of having to be European

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Sometimes you just gotta show a lovely game who's boss by using 30 cheat codes, save states, and several hours to beat it and get the ending with one sentence and a bad JPEG (which you could have looked up on the internet in 5 seconds)

Yes I DID get back to the future. Thanks LJN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Ragg posted:

captain blood and twinsen is cool

I never played the first but I somehow ended up with a commander blood CD and it was actually a really fun, really weird, really european adventure game in space with lots of puppets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rlpc0-EmBM

the final game in the trilogy is entirely in french so I will never know how it ends