Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I had a high tolerance for really lovely games as a kid but I got the Where's Waldo game for Genesis as a birthday present and I thought it sucked rear end. That's probably the first time I actually outright hated a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Oh you know what my mom rented for me once. Mario is Missing. And I think I hated that game.

My parents rented Mario's Time Machine for me once and I enjoyed it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kongming posted:

I really wanted to play Clayfighter for the SNES when I read about it in Nintendo Power and my mom said she rented the "Clay" game for me when I came home from school one day but it turned out to be some platformer called Claymates and I remember crying on the way home when I realized it was the wrong game. Then when I finally did play Clayfighter I didn't like it.

I remember Gamepro hyping this game so I looked it up and it’s by the same dev as Clayfighter. I also liked Clayfighter as a kid but it’s probably actually insanely bad as a fighter

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Blue Suede Goo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Oh I just remembered that I rented Yoshi for the NES as a kid and in the back of my mind I knew it wasn’t a good puzzle game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

croc of poo poo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

When Oblivion first came out I loved it, played it nonstop, would go on the official forums and get into flame wars with people who said it sucked, just absolutely lived Oblivion. Then after probably 300+ hours I was playing like any other day having fun, and then suddenly it hit me like a bolt of lightning from God: oh my god this game loving sucks rear end. Loved it one second, had a divine revelation and hated it the next, no in between.

Disillusioned Playing Oblivion

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

getting the big score bonus for running over all the micromachine hari krishnas whjle aja plays....anazing

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I knew what this was before I clicked it lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

marble madness rules you clown

mycophobia posted:

i like the nes version best. great music

This

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Isn't that the case with all SaGa games? Complete nonsense

The only one I've played was SaGa Frontier 2 and it was a gorgeous game that made zero sense to me

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fartlancer posted:

awww whats wrong, snowball fight too hard for you?

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Still kind of disappointed about how less fun Gulf War 2 was than the first one.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

i thought Flashback was the same company that did Out of this World, but I don't see anything on the wiki page to indicate I'm right so maybe i just made that up out of whole cloth

e: no, it's the same company. i never played Flashback but Out of this World was weirdly frustrating as a kid.

They also made Shaq Fu

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

What are you talking about you senile freak

Flannelette posted:

The new farcry, now with more borderlands and bulletsponges.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

brian may joining michael jackson and peter gabriel on the list of pop music luminaries who agreed to compose music for a video game for a sandwich, two sides and a cola.

Don’t forget Paul McCartney’s epic Destiny theme song + epic Destiny heroes!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

spb posted:

There was a sick one for snes that had coop but I forget

The Chaos Continues, it was kind of a Contra clone and it was deece. I rented it as a kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

man i thought no one else played this. it was an alright game but there were some seriously hosed up timed missions in huge labyrinths once you cleared the normal levels, but it was cool you could do them in any order

I was obsessed with Jurassic Park and dinosaurs in general when I was a kid so I played any of the games I could get my hands on