Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Darius Twin. we rented it from Blockbuster and kept it too long, so my parents wouldn't go back to blockbuster because they were afraid of the late fees and we couldn't rent any more games or movies for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

P-Mack posted:

Good game. Sucked that if you died once you lost all your power ups and were pretty much done for in the later levels.

Yeah. On cartridge, we could never get past that last stage that was just oceans of mini-bosses, there was no recovering from that. I finally beat it with an emulator years later and said "Take that Blockbuster video!" My brothers and I made up nicknames for our ship captains. I was The Undertaker because I would take the difficult bottom of the screen, the middle brother was Laser, and when the youngest one played, he was Protector, because he wasn't very good, so we just had him fly in the front of the screen and take a few hits for whoever else was playing until he inevitably died before the end of stage 2.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

No O2 Tank Upgrade yet? Alright listen up shitdick.

Step 1: Sub to the Official Slim Jim twitch channel to receive a free blueprint of at least Yellow Tier rareness.

Step 2: Sell the blueprint on the steam marketplace for ~5$

Step 3: Buy an Elite Lootbox from the Subnautica FurAffinity Group which guarantees an O2 Tank Upgrade blueprint.

You're welcome, turd monkey.

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

actually, i take my answer back. the first game i hated, that i think would make me viscerally sick if i had to look at people playing it, is Battle Tanks for the Intellivision, but it's kind of a long story. look the game up, though, it's pretty funny.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i thought Flashback was the same company that did Out of this World, but I don't see anything on the wiki page to indicate I'm right so maybe i just made that up out of whole cloth

e: no, it's the same company. i never played Flashback but Out of this World was weirdly frustrating as a kid.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They also made Shaq Fu

oh yeah.... . THAT happened

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i tried to look this up, but i sort of feel like "a postmodern RPG" being part of the title says most of what i need to know.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

speaking of jurassic park, i definitely hated the SNES one with the weird, blurry FPS segments, but the overworld music at the start of the game was really good

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

spared no expense.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

That reminds me of Rise of the Robots, maybe the biggest pile of monkey rear end I ever barfed out of my dick hole.

this looks sort of like a bad mortal kombat clone from looking at the images, but lmao

wikipedia posted:

Developed by a team of five people, including former Bitmap Brothers member Sean Griffiths, Rise of the Robots was intended to use a high level of artificial intelligence that was never seen in any other fighting games at the time. The game features music from Queen's lead guitarist Brian May, although it only uses "The Dark" and "Resurrection", a track taken from his solo album Back to the Light, while the in-game music was done by Richard Joseph.

The contemporary and retrospective reviews towards Rise of the Robots were negative, with much of the criticism targeted its crippling gameplay and controls, despite being praised for its good graphics. The sequel, Rise 2: Resurrection, was released in 1996.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

brian may joining michael jackson and peter gabriel on the list of pop music luminaries who agreed to compose music for a video game for a sandwich, two sides and a cola.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the new Tony Hawk mobile game should just engineer a reunion of any Fat Wreck Chords band that hasn't lost it's lead singer to an OD and give them five minutes to write a new song.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Oh man I forgot this existed. It was completely impenetrably weird

yeah. it was weirdly based more on the plot of the book than the movie and the concept was actually kind of cool, that you had to find a bunch of keycards and stuff. more than half the game you really can't see what you're doing at all, though, and your only options are to fire one of two weapons at one of two different kinds of enemies.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

I loved that game lol. for some reason i remember you couldn't save at all? or else you had to write down codes which i would just never do. either way i beat it in one sitting

i don't think it even had codes. pretty sure you just had to beat it in one sitting.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

its biggest crime was having no password system or way to save and having playtimes like this in a maze like game https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=4897

yeah. it was so infuriating when we rented it from Blockbuster that i had to beat it when i went to college and had access to save states.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

basically every game that i really hated was rented from blockbuster and then i hate-completed it on an emulator. how do you like me now, drakkhen, SMNES jurassic park, and Darius twin ?