Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
my preference level is

road courses
street courses

Michigan

short ovals
parking lots

summertime races at Fontana

closing the entire series

another loving 1.5m oval

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Watkins Glen is my only must have. It's an awesome track.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
true story i raced with Dale Jr back in NROS. i did not wreck him.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Penske Marlboro schemes were the loving best

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

The Kimoa Kid posted:

The IndyCar "pass" is named as such because that's what I'm gonna do to the idea of spending $50 on content they used to provide for free.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Just loving lol at spending money in NASCAR in tyool 2019

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Did the Unser exhibit include a copy of Little Al's DUIs

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
ugh

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Build more Monzas and Spas

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
literally the worst thing IndyCar could go is chain itself to the corpse of NASCAR

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

KingShibby posted:

Ovals not named Indy are excluded since they don't sell GA because it's all reserved seating iirc
Indy sells both reserved seats and GA because there's so much room for GA in the infield

Also I've never been to Fontana so I'm not sure but I fell like they didn't sell GA to an oval race

From what I saw Fontana didn't really sell anything

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
my favorite Marco stat is that during the 2017 500 Andretti cars led nearly half the race and Marco was a non-factor all day long.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
it was dumb in 1996 and its dumb now

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The 1995 Penske thing is just so bizarre when you consider that they came back later that year for a tire test and ran much faster. They just blew the setups in May and didn't know it.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
my favorite part of the split was some of the IRL owners shittalking CART teams only for Ganassi and Penske to moonwalk all over them

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
the only redeeming thing about 1996 is Arie's laps since we'll never see the like of them again

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

dsriggs posted:

Even that was lame, imo. Arie was outqualified on Pole Day by Scott Brayton who'd set the track record. But because Arie's car was underweight, his qualifying attempt was disallowed. However, instead of disqualifying the car after failing tech, USAC allowed him to go again the following day in faster conditions. Effectively cheated to take the track record from a guy who'd turn out to have 5 days to live.

yes cheating is a wonderful part of racing I agree

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Cygni posted:

Dude on TF seems pretty adamant that FCA will be announced as the third engine manufacturer next month. That and the announcement we know is coming about the windscreen, plus bumping, plus alonso sounds like a lot of good media stories next month.

I did think it was interesting that Herta's car was completely blank except for the mandatory stickers, even their associates were off. Really hope they have a big fish sponsor on the line. I would be getting on that kids car as fast as possible if I was someone like Valvoline, he has been so impressive so far.

that and the Valvoline paint scheme owns

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

mactheknife posted:

The lone oil livery that's better than Valvoline is Castrol, get that poo poo on the drat car already

modern sponsors and liveries are so terrible we get excited at a black car

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

kidcoelacanth posted:

insane that you'd say that right after seeing daly's scheme

his sponsor is poo poo

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
to be fair the IndyCar program would be very cheap but still VAG has been skittish since Dieselgate. that being said, I don't see what any VAG brand gets out of IndyCar.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

iospace posted:

I see so many Porsche SUVs compared their two-door offerings (and even the Panamera) it's not even funny.

iirc they sell more Cayennes that every non-SUV combined.

rich people driving tarted up Volkswagens are subsidizing some seriously cool cars

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
its almost like oval racing only has use as a marketing exercise

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
F1 teams were already spending mid 400s in 2008 and I doubt that got much better for Mercedes and Ferrari

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Their revenue was £290 million. They spent £402 million or $524 million for the rest of us

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The cost to Red Bull is nothing with tons of potential upside. If he's great, he'll get to F1. If hes not, oh well.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

I loving love Twitter because of things like this. My favorite instance was some Z-tier "foreign policy expert" getting into an argument about Lithuania or some other eastern European country. This guy throws down his credential of having a BA in history from Weber State or something stupid, while the other guy is the former foreign minister and President of that loving country.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

CactusWeasle posted:

Remember when Alonso first came to Indy and the youtube practice streams had 250,000 viewers? Well now you got 50 on a US-only paywall stream. Good job :thumbsup:

But a single shareholder value was created

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Just loving lol if Chevy doesn't have people who know what they're doing pouring over Alonso's car

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The problem isn't the motor

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Mclmao

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Metric in the streets, Imperial in the sheets

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Wirth1000 posted:

Not only will it be a washout but Indianapolis will be completely flooded and the race canceled for this year due to extensive water damage.

The entire state of Indiana is washed into the void and the last sight is Mike Pence's white hair circling the drain, screaming for mother

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
cheering for only foreigners

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Dudley posted:

Roughly how long until the "God and shooting brown people" section is over?

Never, its literally our national identity

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
good winner yall

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
This was the first real month of May that I remember Helio being a complete non-factor but his race was definitely boned from the pit stop fuckup. He's still at 3 and conceivably doesn't have problem getting a sponsor so I can't see Roger letting him go without at least a celebratory last run.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Space Racist posted:

Yeah, I have to imagine the willingness to fund a full-season dried up substantially after the bump fiasco.

Zak Brown did at least talk up running the Indy road course race, which I was already surprised they didn’t consider doing this year. I know most of the other one-offs don’t do it either, but if you have the resources of McLaren, why not?

Running the road course for just practice and not qualifying would have been a great opportunity to figure out their tire pressure sensors were wrong and they were having metric/imperial problems.

The lack of preparation was something you expected from an early 80s team with a four year old March, not any team in 2019, let alone McLaren. Although in hindsight it is a very McLaren thing to do.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Is private testing still a thing teams can do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
that ive watched some not-terrible people die in racing while that stupid shithead is still alive is a loving travesty