Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Race at Okayama would be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Way too many street circuits what the gently caress is this some stupid garbage European series? You keep getting more Europeans over here and the less good ol boy Americans have a chance to shine. When you think racing you think oval not some Mickey Mouse left right bullshit. Indycar needs to realize and remember it’s American first and racing second and bring back more ovals before all the sponsors and teams split off. Better yet they should!

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

mactheknife posted:

I know that post wasn't totally serious but I halfway agree in that I don't really care for street circuits and would rather actual permanent road courses, tbh

Relax, Tony, you’ve already tried this in the 90s

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

KingShibby posted:

Pippa is not a nice person

Oh come on you can’t just say that and not say why.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

KingShibby posted:

Let's just say that opinion is based off my interactions with her through my media work over the years

Ok.

Go on....

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I don't even see IndyCar on the schedule for Sportsnet World.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Carbonate posted:

St Pete is only on that SN Now + thing.

Yeah, I'm looking at that and it's not even showing up there.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
IndyCar coverage surprises me not because of the commercials. That's expected... it's an American sport in America run by the worst people to ever run anything: Americans.

But the loving decision to run 'special features' and pre-taped interviews or whatever DURING the god drat loving race is ridiculous.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
lol sportsnet put it behind their premium plus subscription only on top of your existing cable package channel. Way to loving go, IndyCar, you big loving idiots.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

iwentdoodie posted:

Worth watching the highlights? I know qualifying was a good watch, but I didn't wake up today until the race was over.

Yeah, definitely. It was a decent race.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Good race.
Awesome winner.

Way to go Kanaan you loving moron

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Bentai posted:

Alonso fulltime is reaching third manufacturer status. Just a bunch of teases and “real soon now” news bites.

Yeah, it's at the point of who even cares anymore. It's just going to turn into the lamest outcomes:

Third manufacturer turns out to be just rebranded Honda engines as Acura.

Alonso never commits to anything beyond the 500.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

dentist toy box posted:

If Fernando Alonso runs a full entire race not skipping anything schedule in the NTT indycar series I'll eat a hat.

It has to be a Kimoa hat.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Frond posted:

BMW and Toyota have been tossed around as #3.

I really don’t care if McLaren or Alonso ever shows up.

Peugeot is coming back to North America and they've even accelerated plans to start selling cars again by 2021. I mean, IndyCar would be relatively cheap and easy initial entry compared to other series.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Jesus gently caress Bourdais is 40?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

if you followed cart post-2002 but fell asleep during the last race your brain is fuckin broken

I mean.... it's DoctorGonzo.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I acutally don't think Graham did anything wrong but I really hate Graham so gently caress him. They should give him at least a 3 race ban and force his dad to sell his share of the team.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Flikken posted:

Why the hate against Graham?

I feel like you're either a) Graham Rahal or b) related to Graham Rahal.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Basticle posted:

I think we can all 100% agree that Graham is still more likable than Marco.

Marco isn't relevant to anything. That's like saying Graham Rahal is still more likeable than measles... an infectious disease that was eradicated in America decades ag--- oh, what's that?.... oh.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

gret posted:

Marco is the Lance Stroll of IndyCar.

Alright, let's not go crazy now.

I'm still amazed at just how far Marco has fallen. I still remember around 2005/2006 when the impression was Honda wanted him in F1 ASAP but Marco kept saying "nah, not until I win the 500" but then his career just nosedived into complete obscurity which is impressive when your last name is 'Andretti'.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

FuzzySkinner posted:

He ran only 5 races in Indy Lights.

And that was when the series was very poorly ran. We're not talking about the CART-sanctioned "Dayton" series or the most recent one where Colton Herta and others have came from.

Should have been running Atlantics that season (2005), GP2 (2006) with some ALMS and then back to the IRL (2007).

All the successful "road to indy" grads from that era came from Atlantics. (including the aforementioned Graham, Pagenaud, Hinch, Wickens).

So what you're saying is that he's always been a fraud?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

FuzzySkinner posted:

No I'm saying his development was rushed and placed into the wrong series for development.

The IRL was still oval centric so I imagine the thought probably was "HEY JUST STICK HIM IN THE INFINITI PRO SERIES. HE'LL BE FINE".

....Then you know...road courses got added, and then reunification...then...yeah.

Sounds like an inability to adapt probably due to him thinking he’s an Andretti and he doesn’t need to work hard because his Grandpa owns and he’s part of the lineage so naturally the genetic inheritance is good enough so hey throw it at me oh wait I’m a fraud.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Proud Christian Mom posted:

to be fair the IndyCar program would be very cheap but still VAG has been skittish since Dieselgate. that being said, I don't see what any VAG brand gets out of IndyCar.

Gotta sell more Macans.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
That's because Macans are pretty cheap brand new and Cayennes on the used market are ridiculously cheap. You can buy a 10 year old Cayenne for like $2k and that's an extremely easy way to say you drive and own a Porsche.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I just want a rumour associated with IndyCar pertaining to a new manufacturer, races, or Fernando Alonso to actually amount to something instead of weeks of teasing before "oh, it cooled off"

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I’m wondering if it’s a case of manufacturers having genuine interest but they want their own manufacturer ran team. They try to push for the rules to be changed, get told no there won’t be manufacturer teams allowed and that’s when things “cool”

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

just lol

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
There's an analysis of the Chevy motor's fluids they just drained and checked over. Apparently it's extremely toxic and they've linked the contamination as coming from the ... cockpit???

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/brazil-bolsonaro-petrobras-mclaren/4390826/

relevant to indy as there's petrobras sponsorship on alonso's car, lol. maximum lol.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Reynold posted:

If Pippa Mann can do a press conference immediately after bumping while crying her eyes out, Fernando Alonso better drag his bitch rear end to that microphone.

Now you get to see Fernando Alonso who he is when things don't go his way..... an extremely mopey toxic person who's in the process of blaming literally everyone and everything but himself while feeding the internal seed that his own team are acting against himself. This dude is amazing at high-level paranoia and burning bridges.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Fat gently caress Moron Zak Brown Hack Clown confirming they won't buy an entry.

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/mclaren-not-buy-indy-entry/4392076/

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Cool, now fire Zak Brown and Gil de Ferran.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

quote:

At the time of Fernley's appointment McLaren CEO Zak Brown commented: "Bob is a fantastic operator and someone I respect greatly. His experience and leadership will be essential for us on this project.

"He is particularly talented at putting effective teams together and extracting maximum performance with finite resources. The Indy 500 is no easy race and Bob's is a key role, so I'm delighted he's on board."

Great appointment, Zak. You're doing good, kid. Keep throwing more poo poo at the wall and something is bound to stick while you hold on to whatever leverage you have keeping you in that position and preventing the Bahraini majority owners from firing your fat rear end.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

mactheknife posted:

Honest question - is Zak the one hiring those gigantic, clueless morons?

Yes, McLaren Indy is an entirely Zak Brown driven initiative with Alonso and all the major appointments like Bob Fernly was made by him. The buck stops at the top. Always.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Zak must walk. This is insanely bad lmao.

Ron's been gone for years and has literally noit a single bit of residual to do with the IndyCar project. What a loving hack clown.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Metric in the streets, Imperial in the sheets

Hey, baby, I'm packing 22.86 cm

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Should've been Kimoa.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Sulman posted:

The worst thing about that place is even if you don't have a confrontational manner and simply state a fact that goes against the retardthink, you'll be downvoted to oblivion.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

It took 16 years to get your first probation. Sweet 16

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
What’s the big deal? Just install some windshield wipers on those new aero screens and slap on a set of monsoon tires and let’s go racing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The thought of sitting in the stands right up next to the catch fencing as a field of single-seaters pass by on superwets gets me soaking wet.