Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

hello friends

I am very excited for this video game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Game good?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

So how'd this turn out? Saw a lot of excitement before release for a return to form after the future games, that pan out?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

How's the coop in 2205 and 1800?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Cythereal posted:

2205 has no co-op whatsoever.

welp

2070 with a good friend was a grand time, that's a big bummer

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

victrix posted:

How's the coop in 2205 and 1800?

From a few weeks back:

After playing with a friend for a few hours in 1800, I can confirm its flipping awesome. Maybe it gets annoying at some point, but so far it's every bit as good as 2070 was in coop.

Puzzling out how everything works and building up an empire together is a blast, and the crazy scale and scope of this game works really well in coop, you can have one person off in another region building up a new island while the other takes care of supply lines or growth back home.

Highly recommended if you've got a buddy who wants to chill out and build together.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

our faces when we discovered a new region: :aaa:

our faces when we discovered multiple regions: :aaaaa:

our faces when we hit electricity: :psyduck:

this game is pretty amazing

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Asciana posted:

Having just reached Enbessa - 'Remember how we tortured you with rivers in the New World? Get ready to make your own torturous waterways to navigate'

discovering water had to be attached to specific points on the buildings and source was a fun one

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

What am I not getting about Morale on expeditions? I've been using https://anno1800.fandom.com/wiki/Expeditions#Morale_and_Supplies as a reference, but I don't understand why different ships have different starting (incredibly low) Morale values?

And then on top of that, I loaded a ship up with 50t of theoretically high morale goods on top of meeting all needs for the expedition and I'm still sitting at 26% Morale?

What am I missing here:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Looks like I need to go shopping, we don't have many quality items, mostly seem to get people

What determines a ship's starting morale? Some ships seem to have a way higher base morale but I can't figure out what's influencing it

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Pyromancer posted:

Ships have built-in navigation/naval power values, you can see them in a tooltip while selecting the ship, so that reflects on morale
Clippers and cargo ships have 20 navigation but no naval power, ships of the line have 0 navigation but 50 naval power, frigates have 10 navigation and 20 power.

I think I must have been noticing ships carrying cargo then, I couldn't figure out why the assign ship screen would randomly have ships with 50-100 morale

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I play coop with a friend and when I load the save it just has an empty slot to reinvite them or someone else - make sure when you create the game you set the extra player(s) directly onto your team slot as additional owners (assuming you want to play the same empire together and not two separate but allied ones).

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Internet Explorer posted:

Oh no, I shouldn't have gotten this game. I am going to spend way too much time playing it.

:yeshaha:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

problem is it's a fading green aura and it's not remotely clear to me what "slightly less green" means

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

what's this anarchist character about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Anno 1800 is the answer to "is there such a thing as too much of a good thing?