Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
So I think I already found the rope trade exploit replacement, prison island pays double price for potatoes in my game, super cheap to make. Just build a bunch on an island close by and you got a lot of free income.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
We keep getting a desync in multiplayer (both on Team1) as soon as we discover the new world and then the save game is corrupt.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I have three invites left if someone wants to have a look at the game.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

haldolium posted:

I'd love one. What do you need for that?

guess Uplay name: greycore

Gadzuko posted:

I'm Gadzuko on uplay, would love an invite. I had no idea a beta was happening, I forgot how soon this was coming out! Now I'm jonesing for some Anno real bad. I played 2205 when it came out and thought it was ok, played it again after accumulating all the DLC and liked it more, it just felt more fleshed out. The orbital layer space station is kinda weird but it was really useful once you got the hang of it. 1404 is still the best though. I just like watching my little mans do their thing, ships sailing, etc. This game looks like it's getting back to that feeling and I'm really excited for it.

Oodles posted:

Brynnz0r1984

Wow, I can only apologise for my awful username.

Sent out friend request, so I can sen the invites from this bad website.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
There was a sign up on the Ubi site, all my friends who signed up got it and got 3 invites for friends extra.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
It's why I don't get they didn't add a multiplayer mode where you can play together. You could each manage your own islands.
Now I don't mind it too much except trade routes to supply all islands are super annoying because it can lead to temporary shortages of that good on the actual production island.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Venice has the issue that the MP servers were down for a while, I think they fixed that tough.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
You might have issues if you want to play MP as the server is not always up. I am guessing the server is just so old it doesn't work on modern server versions and is having other technical issues.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
If they do it right it's just two or more people controlling the same "faction". You have to decide yourself who does what, that's how it worked with previous ones. We usually had someone run missions with the boat and ship stuff around, someone doing normal islands while the other guy did the spice islands stuff.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

SubNat posted:

Weird, the UI has options for teams, but at the end they mention:

I'm kind of curious what that means specifically.
It could mean that for whatever bizarre reason, players can be allied, but not share the same empire, as people are expecting at launch.

Hm? I didn't see anything referring to scenarios at all, just that you can adjust the full range of custom-map settings, as if you were playing singleplayer. (ie difficulty, mapsize, type, etc.)

That's how it worked in the beta, it seemed to be a perma alliance from the start with shared map view, but we each were our own nation.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
It was removed from the Steam store and is now Ubi/Epic exclusive. Not sure if you could get a steam key somewhere that still has them in stock, might be dodgy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Vahakyla posted:

I really like the feel and aesthetic of the arctic areas and honestly playing with my wife in coop and sharing the workload of various islands sounds dope as hell.

Is MP coop finally in the live version or still testing only?