Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

They also brought back those 'find the 5 pigs running around town' quests which is nooooooooooooooot great.

Tbh, I loved these in 1404. It gave me a reason to zoom in and see my creation in motion, and realize how beautiful the game can be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
With that kind of bug in context, I understand why they wanted to delay the game's release. Good for them to work it out carefully.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
1404 had pretty environments and energetic characters.

2070 had dull and weary environments and boring characters. Some good quality of life improvements sure, but just...was not as delightful to look at.

At least that's my take on it.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
A game about capitalism encouraging you to build homes for the wealthy away from all those dirty commonfolk? Why I never

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Mayveena posted:

I'm responding to this openly, but I suspect most people don't want to discuss this that much, so in the future I'll be spoiling further discussion.

To be honest, the first NPC you meet being your buddy/servant with an Indian name rubbed me the wrong way but I'm also super early into the game.