Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011
This seems like a hard return to almost everything I loved about 1404 and that is extremely okay with me. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be fundamentally broken or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

yeah its Anno

This is a flippant answer but it's also not wrong. Anno has never been a all hands on deck all the time full court press APM or die motherfucker kinda game. Granted busywork for its own sake isn't great, but at the end of the day you're gonna stare at your island for hours doing almost nothing except figuring out how to get 2% more efficiency out of a single farm because that's the game so eh.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

The 20% discount didn't work for me but someone from Bluebyte said it's supposed to. So YMMV I guess.

Based on the beta, you could play it entirely offline without internet connections, didn't even give any warnings or anything IIRC. So hopefully this one doesn't have any of the insane issues that 2070 did in regards to meta-progression or just playing the drat game.

The campaign looks pretty legit in this one, neat that it also transitions into sandbox mode once you finish it. Hopefully it's decently meaty seeing as there doesn't seem to be challenge scenarios this time around (betting those are going to be an early DLC though).

The uplay points only work for pre-orders in some regions unfortunately.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I mean it's not really a conspiracy theory in that that's pretty much what'll happen because no one really likes EGS right now, so if they were gonna buy it anyway buying it on Uplay is a non-issue.

And no, the uplay points discount doesn't work for NA pre-orders and probably never will.

Orv
May 4, 2011
So unless they changed something about Uplay's architecture when interacting with Steam they can't actually force you to buy the DLC on Uplay if you own the base game on Steam. For instance I own AC:Syndicate on Steam and got gifted the DLC package on Uplay. This doesn't work in either direction so I don't get to play the DLC unless I buy the game on Uplay itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Psychotic Weasel posted:

That's disconcerting, and one of the things I had hoped they'd find a solution for since I know it's been an issue on other storefronts as well (most notably GOG). Another piece of uncertainty that didn't need to be there.

Maybe they'll just give everyone who has a Steam key Uplay key as well that automagically ties to their account and hope they switch over without much of a fight.

Guess we'll have to wait and see now.

No no what I mean by that is that because of it working that way they'll have to offer the DLC on Steam. I believe it's also some level of Steam policy on third-party DLC that you can't offer cross-client/store purchases on Steam.