Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
As a random aside, I remember reading that there was a German word that BlueByte used to describe their games. It meant something to the effect of "the joy of watching things move around" akin to watching an ant farm or something. Does anyone know the word?

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

- There's a new Blueprint tool which lets you plan out your city layout without spending resources to build things immediately.

- Placing fields for farms doesn't require tile tetris anymore, you can just paint in an area more fluidly to fill up to 100% now.

- There seems to be a bunch more information in regards to efficiency now, like the game will highlight the roads that will be used by buildings when you are placing them, and selecting a building highlights any carts carrying their goods around and their quantities. There's are also clear production chain diagrams when building stuff, which I think was added in 2070? Lots of little QoL stuff like that.

These all sound excellent. As much as I enjoyed the challenge of placing farms in such a way as to provide avenues to place additional fields and also keep things aesthetically pleasing, I think being able to create dynamic fields will ultimately be be better. Also, the blueprint feature sounds great. I'm hoping it will help get me away from designing endless grid cities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Quick update to stop this from sliding into the archives before the game even releases; some here may be interested in the multiplayer aspects of this game, which is making a return after being absent from 2205, and the devs have recently posted details on what will be present in the game. Long story short you'll still have your standard 4 player option, with the slots being able to be filled with AI or Player characters depending on how many of you are. The whole game will also be available with the full range of options available in singleplayer also being available in multiplayer modes. There's also custom scenarios you can play to help speed things up from the usual weeks long grind this game can be and a matchmaking tool of sorts.

You can read all the details for yourself if interested in the diary below:

https://www.anno-union.com/en/together-one-is-less-alone/

The article mentions that they have co-op plans post-launch. I'm curious if it will be more than just playing together and trading missing resources. Or would one player be playing in the new world with the other playing in the old?

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I debated switching my pre-order from Steam to Uplay because of the discount but from what I've heard the Uplay discount is not available in North America. That may have been part of the earlier bug though, I've not checked since. Either way I suspect that since this is being pulled from Steam any further DLC or updates will need to be aquired through Uplay any way so you may be forced to move over at some point if you want to keep up with anything new.

I had the same concern but the steam page mentions Ubi's assurance that the DLC and updates will be available.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/916440/Anno_1800/

quote:

The publisher has assured us that all prior sales of the game on Steam will be fulfilled on Steam, and Steam owners will be able to access the game and any future updates or DLC through Steam.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

There was a brief Q&A about multiplayer stuff on the dev blog: https://www.anno-union.com/en/happy-little-link/

quote:

FerudaFarstaria
When we add friends from our friends list. Does this include the Steam friend list and Uplay? Or do you have to find your friends in the game, and add them to your friends list? I’d really like to know if this does link to friends lists in Steam, and Uplay.
Answer: Anno lists steam friends as well as your Uplay friends. In case you invite someone from you friend list, Anno does automatically select the right backend (Steam or UPlay) for the invitation and also receive and handle the invitations from both systems.

Drake-1503
Does that mean that saved multiplayer matched can be continued with different players? That would mean it would be possible to create a staged savegame with already established cities instead of an empty map.
Answer: You are able to continue mutliplayer savegames even if the original players are not available anymore. When new players join, they can “overtake” an empire and continue to progress and expand with that game state. While it is technically possible to create scenarios that way, you would need to have a dedicated player for every single party as you cannot take control over two or more empires.

I'm curious if the MP saves would allow for resuming with more players than you initially started with (assuming there were enough empires in play).