Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
The Passage DLC will introduce airships, some new poo poo, and the coop mode, finally. Due in December.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I really like the feel and aesthetic of the arctic areas and honestly playing with my wife in coop and sharing the workload of various islands sounds dope as hell.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Thankful to have bought it on Steam. Rumor has it that in April it becomes steam available again.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Apparently the Arctic Biome and Coop both release on 10th.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Anno 1800: The Oompire strikes back.

I bought the two expansion packs, and honestly with them both active it almost seems like there’s too much to do in this game.

It is why coop is about efficiency. My wife, our housemate, and I now share the load between three people and it works remarkably well.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I’ve mentioned it before in this thread, but if you have the Arctic, Cape Trelawney, and you run New and Old World, it gets tough. We play it with three person COOP and it is still overwhelming sometimes with lot to do for everyone, where one person runs old world, one person runs new world, and third runs arctic and trelawney. We aren’t Gods of Anno, but it should tell someone playing by themselves that it is an absolute poo poo ton on your plate in a real time game.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I have said it before but holy hell the spinning plates are many with this DLC. With arctics and Crown Falls and New World and Land of Lions and what not. Playing this with two other people in coop is so cool, because it allows entire islands be ran by your friends, and one person has much easier time to focus. And still there are plates that sping!

And one of the best patch notes with this coop gaming is the ability to request your friends to send a ship to them and you being able to actually select the region and the arrival harbor. Such a huge bonus to quality of life.

This game owns.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Oct 24, 2020

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Thom12255 posted:

It's fine but it takes so so long without being able to speed up time.

Only in the very beginning does lack of speeding time come into play, honestly. The first couple hours are times when you can easily make coffee or sandwiches,, and use the bathroom, without missing out on anything really. Which makes it kind of a chill vacation day coop activity, too! As soon as everyone has their own big island to manage, poo poo takes off so quick that you never want to speed up time. With a hundred ships in trade routes, and everything from land of polar bears to land of lions demanding your time, there's plenty. Anno in coop is simply incredible. With coop, it is easy to also start scooping up all the island simultaneously, and often one person does quests and expeditions while others work on production. And in war you'll have one warlord dealing with pirates or AI, while everyone else stays on economy.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Qubee posted:

Also, is Anno coop legitimately cooperative? As in you're all playing the same faction and can build on the same island. Or is everyone a seperate faction.

You share the game and all controls. You are the same in-game person. You can place a road and your three buddies could delete it. There is no separation of any kind. You simply all play the same faction.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

physeter posted:

Nothing you can do about pollution at this stage that wouldn't retard your necessary growth. Pollution isn't that bad of an effect and you can fix it later.

Alright, and now Mr. Vice President, if you'd respond to this.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

swampcow posted:

Hey guys, new to Anno games. I hear there's coop multiplayer. Is that a fun mode in practice?

It’s the only way I play with my wife and friend. If you have a dedicated coop partner, it’s pretty amazingly chill coop with lots to do.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Eschatos posted:

Aww, I wanted more sessions.

Yeah, me too! It'd be neat to have far or near Asia!

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
If your graphics card struggles, remember to use AMDs FSR. Even the Quality setting can almost double your frame if you are GPU choked.

If your CPU is new and powerful, use DX12 mode. If it isn’t, use DX11. Difference can be double.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Anno 1800, especially after this upcoming patch, is so far from the game it was at launch. And that is a great thing. It has insane replayability and depth now.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Cythereal posted:

I hope so, because I've completely skipped this one on account of the historical setting.

Meanwhile whatever they were supposed to be doing with servers for 2070 to keep that running keeps going haywire and shutting down randomly.

Do not skip the best Anno.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

zedprime posted:

I forget if they hinted at or outright said there was only ever supposed to be season 1 but Covid remote working made it hard to make a new Anno. Season 2 went so well they kept up on Season 3, with most people thinking work on the next Anno is spooling up in parallel.

And that's honestly great. I really love this course for Anno where they tack on more and more. It works great and keeps this game alive. I still play it in coop with my wife and two friends and game has something new all the time.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Anno 1800 should launch on Steam today at 1800 UTC, in two and half hours.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Omnicarus posted:

If we own the game on the Ubisoft launcher, can we move it over to Steam?

Depends. rear end Creed Valhalla recently did not allow it after getting on Steam.

However some other ubi games did. So dunno.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Anno 1800 on Steam.

Mega edition on mega sale. Get it now if you ever thought about it.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Omnicarus posted:

Huh, steam version has no achievements and still requires you to register and login to the Ubisoft launcher and then launch from there.

Mine, which is the original, pre-release Steam purchase, does launch ubisoft's thing in the background but it is no-pop-up and doesn't mess with me in any way.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I really like having the game on Steam.
I got it way before release, so I always had it. But the full edition is pretty drat cheap now as a complete set, the base game's price is a small bit of that. I'd buy it if you want all DLC anyway.
After you buy it, it does work with your old Ubi account just fine.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Krataar posted:

Anybody know of any issues with coop right now? Friend and I were trying to start a game and it would instantly desync on load. We've never had issues before.

After today’s patch, none should remain. Instand desyncs seem to be fixed with all coop partners restarting their computer.

We have a 100+ hour coop save with a foursome and it’s worked without hiccups minus two times. Restarts helped. Otherwise it’s been fluid 6 hour sessions.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

I said come in! posted:

The first person mode is a dream come true for me, I remember playing all of these city building games in the 90s and really wanting this but thinking it would never be possible. It basically almost isn't possible on Anno1800 though lol. But yeah, this game is extremely good the more I wrap my head around it. My initial reaction was to just see if I could find a cheat mod that does away with requirements and lets me build up houses to skyscraper level, and that would still be nice too, but its really rewarding to work towards the resources needed to build up your town. I am finding that balancing all of the different classes of workers is not at all that hard either. I was expecting that to be a really overwhelming mechanic, but UBISoft makes it intuitive, it feels deep without being overwhelming. This is something a lot of city building sims fail really hard at.

The first person mod is already in.
Annoversary update will add creative mode with no limits.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Insane money printing and trade rep is to buy gold from the pirates and sell it to Nate in Cape Trelawney. You need a lot of money in the bank to fund the initial buy but it is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
We have a four-person coop save with all DLS currently, with perhaps 40 hours into the save. We're pretty deep in skyscrapers, and just recently built a mega-Armada of battle cruisers and knocked out the prussian moustache 2-star dude, leaving him with like two small islands.
Since we make like 80k a minute, have 60 million in the bank, and all islands are basically built, the game is in a very different phase, actually. Instead of ignoring small problems and being whatever about them, now every person has their focused island groups and works to improve them and optimize. Each trade route gets several passes as to its efficiency, each farm gets a once-over to realign, install fertilizer and tractors, etc, and some farms get moved. It's actually really cool, because the tweaks are burdensome and require planning, but the rewards is not only seeing money go up, which doesn't matter, but seeing the islands essentially revitalize.

With four people playing and building, with 40 hours in the bank, there's a lot of redundancy and waste in the system, and getting rid of it is like its own minigame. It's a lot of fun!