Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
Finally picked this up after being on the fence for years. I put in a few hundred hours combined in 2070 and 2205, but I hated the campaign / lack of sandbox mode in 2205, so I just jumped straight into sandbox here. Am I missing out on anything important in campaign mode besides excessive handholding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
Thanks guys. As long as there's no functional rewards or really specific setting information I'd be confused without, I'm good.

Is there any way to control the specific route a trade route takes? Von Malching wardecced me and his main island in the Old World is directly on the auto-generated path my New World trade routes take and it has completely stopped my progress while I shift my focus to coordinating warfleet movements. Also, is there a way to force ships on inter-region trade routes to convoy up like with the fleet command?

edit: Just noticed the pin along the map edge in the trade screen. Is there no way to insert another pin halfway to allow a little finer control?

metasynthetic fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Nov 9, 2023

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
Yeah, this on/off war with Von Malching I've had in my first game has been pretty annoying. He's got way more of everything than me, including tech, and I'm just lucky the AI isn't actually that aggressive or coordinated. I just got my first engineers, I think I'm going to press on to get at least my first investors, then probably restart and fiddle with the game settings now that I'm starting to understand the game basics and what I want out of it. Which is probably going to include not totally turning off the AI players, but doing something about their aggressiveness / expansion speed so I'm not super outclassed like I have been.