Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
fat-toned has a OTA HD channel cooking show and the last infodump featured him making a mean carrot sandwich.

I really hope it's kevin the hot older guy from BSB though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
The rabbit is killing me.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
The badge confirms the alien is LaToya Jackson.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armed_%26_Famous

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.

TheWevel posted:

OK...I guess I want to bang LaToya Jackson...

Pretty decent episode. Though it was obvious the Unicorn was going because you couldn't even hear her voice over the doubled vocals on the track. I definitely miss the extra comedian, but all the ragging on Ken Jeong because he didn't know Margaret Cho was kind of funny.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

TheWevel posted:

Yep, that’s what the consensus was and that just confirmed it. And Robin definitely has her pegged. So far the internet is 5 for 5!

This will be interesting to see how much the panel is coached, as in how encouraged or discouraged they are from making real guesses (or even if the editing shows them). They definitely know who Alien is, so I wonder how they’ll deal with the guessing segments in the coming weeks. Or if she’s just gonna be the next one out the door, which seems likely since it kind of destroys to concept of the show to have her come out and sing masked every week when everybody knows who it is.

On the other hand you have the two most blatantly obvious ones (Peacock and Rabbit) and they’ve never come close to guessing... or at least that’s how they’ve edited it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
So out of Monster, Bee, Raven, and Peacock it has to be Monster's last chance next week. Margret Cho's seems pretty obvious now from the clues about doing stand up and her LGBT movement clues

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

KungFu Grip posted:

So out of Monster, Bee, Raven, and Peacock it has to be Monster's last chance next week. Margret Cho's seems pretty obvious now from the clues about doing stand up and her LGBT movement clues

I think Monster will beat Raven but we'll see. That's a brutal final three though.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Raven seems like a lock for the next one out.

Especially if she's the last one that's not a professional singer

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
My girlfriend and I think Raven is Neil Patrick Harris from the Magic clues this week. I don't think Fatone or JC are it given that clue...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ajaxify posted:

My girlfriend and I think Raven is Neil Patrick Harris from the Magic clues this week. I don't think Fatone or JC are it given that clue...

Do you mean the Rabbit?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Ajaxify posted:

You mean Rabbit? Joey is trolling the panel. He dabbles in magic.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
D'oh, yes Rabbit.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Hazo posted:

You mean Rabbit?
Just wanted to add that Nsync had a hit single where the boys were patients in a mental asylum, with straightjackets. JFat has a slight neck twitch once or twice in the vid.

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character
You'd think they'd be able to show full song performances as they eliminate more singers, but it's just more fluff.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Ancillary Character posted:

You'd think they'd be able to show full song performances as they eliminate more singers, but it's just more fluff.

Seriously. It’s moved from a live show for us to a tape-and-power-through-later because it’s just so painfully slow at times. Just watched yesterday’s episode, I really like watching peacock and monster both. Bee is obviously an incredible singer but I don’t feel like she’s embracing the bullshit fever dream this show is like everyone else (probably because she’s old and a legend and far above criticism, and good for her)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Spokes posted:

Seriously. It’s moved from a live show for us to a tape-and-power-through-later because it’s just so painfully slow at times. Just watched yesterday’s episode, I really like watching peacock and monster both. Bee is obviously an incredible singer but I don’t feel like she’s embracing the bullshit fever dream this show is like everyone else (probably because she’s old and a legend and far above criticism, and good for her)

Yeah, I am definitely glad that I can't watch live due to other commitments. Being able to just FF through all the crap is great. Do we know if they're getting merged into one big group now that it's down to six, or are they going to do two episodes of three each? Because that's gonna be an awful lot of filler if it's the latter.

My final four prediction is Bee, Monster, Rabbit, Lion.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
I think the thing I like most about this show is that I can enjoy the performances without digging through the cult of personality bullshit that most musicians have to put out.

Like if someone told me Donny Osmond was performing on TV, I would absolutely not watch. But put him in a peacock costume and I can just appreciate how good he is at being on stage and performing.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Last night's clue package confirmed monster is T-Pain.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

This show is great. We started watching it a couple weeks ago, expecting to hate it, but it's actually... pretty fun? Who knew?

Also, the show's logo just looks too much like the Mazda logo.

TheWevel posted:

Last night's clue package confirmed monster is T-Pain.

Yeah, my wife made a very good point about that: a headset is important equipment for streaming games, and T-Pain is active on Twitch.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

This show is great. We started watching it a couple weeks ago, expecting to hate it, but it's actually... pretty fun? Who knew?

Also, the show's logo just looks too much like the Mazda logo.

Yeah, my wife made a very good point about that: a headset is important equipment for streaming games, and T-Pain is active on Twitch.

All the hints point to him, except that he sounds like nothing I’d expect him to sound. Granted, I only know “I’m On a Boat “.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mokotow posted:

All the hints point to him, except that he sounds like nothing I’d expect him to sound. Granted, I only know “I’m On a Boat “.

https://youtu.be/CIjXUg1s5gc

Enjoy :)

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

On last night's episode, the Alien was unmasked, and it's LaToya Jackson. The internet is pretty much nailing all of these.

Two singers are getting unmasked next week! :getin:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Holy gently caress if I'd realized this was here it would have twice as many posts! :woop:

My wife has convinced me that Rabbit is JC Chasez but I'm kind of surprised by the thread consensus that it's Fat One.

I am certain that Peacock is Doogie Howser M.D., convince me otherwise. :colbert:

I hate that the commercial jingle just goes "Who is that?" and doesn't do the full "Who is that, under the mask?" like they did in episode 1.

mangler103 posted:

EDIT: And like Ken Jeong, I would also take Alien out for pancakes. As long as she left the costume on.

Still down, bruh?

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

I dunno if it's just me, but does it seem like Ken Jeong is really snarky towards Jenny McCarthy? I like to think it's because he's a doctor and McCarthy played a key role in the anti-vaxxer movement.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

ihatepants posted:

I dunno if it's just me, but does it seem like Ken Jeong is really snarky towards Jenny McCarthy? I like to think it's because he's a doctor and McCarthy played a key role in the anti-vaxxer movement.

Yeah it's for sure that...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

My wife has convinced me that Rabbit is JC Chasez but I'm kind of surprised by the thread consensus that it's Fat One.

It's the constant cooking references.

quote:

I am certain that Peacock is Doogie Howser M.D., convince me otherwise. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVcLIfSC4OE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqxCL8n2LD8

compare those to any of peacock's songs really, but this is the one that hammered it home for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpYP80uRbIw

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Feb 15, 2019

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Oh, and speaking of Dr. Ken:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WQHDUYk310

Osmond??? Ain't no way a 61 year old's knees are doing that much...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

People were saying similar things about how there's no way Alien was that old with a body like that but WELP

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

IcePhoenix posted:

People were saying similar things about how there's no way Alien was that old with a body like that but WELP

To paraphrase a comedian on John Oliver's NY Standup: the technology to keep your body looking good has always outpaced the technology to keep your face looking good. Manhattan and LA are full of people with the body of a 20 year old yoga instructor and the face of a komodo dragon.

Honestly though, the Peacock's knee bounce this week has me second-guessing myself because my guy is getting older...no way your dude who's had knee replacement in the last two years did that...
:corsair:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Besides the clues being pretty obvious about who it is, Marie Osmond straight-up confirmed it was Donny on the Today show.

Also NPH's singing voice sounds nothing like the Peacock, pull up any of his songs from Dr. Horrible or that one song he had on Glee and you'll immediately realize it's not him.

JC doesn't sound like the rabbit and besides that, one of the Rabbit's clues was that he never persued a solo singing career (JC had at least one song). Last night's clue package absolutely confirmed that the Rabbit is ex-N*Sync, and Fatone's the only one who didn't go solo.

To be fair a couple of weeks ago I did wonder if Rabbit was ex-Menudo or NKOTB since a couple of clues seemed to suggest it, but I'm 100% positive it's Fatone now.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Feb 15, 2019

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

To paraphrase a comedian on John Oliver's NY Standup: the technology to keep your body looking good has always outpaced the technology to keep your face looking good. Manhattan and LA are full of people with the body of a 20 year old yoga instructor and the face of a komodo dragon.

Honestly though, the Peacock's knee bounce this week has me second-guessing myself because my guy is getting older...no way your dude who's had knee replacement in the last two years did that...
:corsair:

Money for a top notch physical therapist (and probably painkillers), can do amazing things, I guess?

And I'm positive that the rainbow cloak and wig were both references to Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, which Osmond starred in, at some point.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Great, thanks. Yeah, that’s him alright. In the last show he had a bit of auto tune and it was also clear it’s him.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.
It might just be because of the masked singers who are left in the competition at this point, but did it seem like the autotune had all but vanished from the songs? They sounded a lot clearer too, which I figured could be chalked up to the fact that at this point, they don't need to disguise them much anymore.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Glad you found the thread!

It’s for sure him. He sounds exactly like him, and they straight up brought out the rainbow coat from Joseph. Also Doogie isn’t coming near this show.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Two unmaskings tonight!

And Kenan!!!

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Two unmaskings tonight!

And Kenan!!!

Came here to say exactly this.

So far, the only ones the panel have not guessed are:
Monster
Lion

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Hazo posted:

Came here to say exactly this.

So far, the only ones the panel have not guessed are:
Monster
Lion

Lion stumps me. Still thinking Peacock is NPH...

"Partner" could be a misdirect, though.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
NPH has the showmanship but that's not his range.

I'm guessing the remainder is eliminated due to prestige. So Monster + Lion this week.

Maybe Rabbit next week? Leads us to a finale where the Bee + Peacock face off?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

FilthyImp posted:

NPH has the showmanship but that's not his range.

It's the mannerisms in the backstage interviews that convinces me that most. Prepared to eat my hat, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Lion stumps me. Still thinking Peacock is NPH...

"Partner" could be a misdirect, though.
Lion is probably the hardest one because she’s just not that famous.