Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I'm thinking of going for a walk there someday, whats it like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
it stinks

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
u might think a place where nerds are in charge sounsd cool, but you’d be forgetting that these are rich empowered nerds who think they know better than anyone else

like if stack overflow was an economic region

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
also it’s all suburbs and the cities are unlivable.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
well it's raining outside now so i'd recommend waiting a couple weeks

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

spb posted:

I'm thinking of going for a walk there someday, whats it like.

don't forget your wagon for carrying a few gallons of water and extra cash to stop at waffle house or whatever

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

What's the Research Triangle like

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Maximo Roboto posted:

my last job had a branch office down there so i went down a few times. it's not too shabby

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
everythibg there is made of silicone. even the tits!

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Maximo Roboto posted:

lots of business parks, like silicon valley but cheaper. north carolina is not a terrible place to live in most measurable ways.

DONT THREAD ON ME fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 10, 2019

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
sillygunt valley

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!
its bad op!

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Maximo Roboto posted:

they put vinegar on their BBQ!!! :wth:

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

obstipator posted:

they put vinegar on their BBQ!!! :wth:

so i lived in nc for 4 years and the bbq sucks, which is weird because vinegar is amazing.

anyhow the big thing in nc is ‘chopped’ bbq where you smoke a pork shoulder and then chop it into a textureless mush.

it’s still bbq sp it’s still delicious but super lame compared to the good texas bbq i’ve had

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
more like silly-con valley

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
silicon valley is full of dichloromethane fumes and stuff

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

so i lived in nc for 4 years and the bbq sucks

:wth:!!! 😱😱😳
that is completely hosed Up ! ! !

cheque_some
Dec 6, 2006
The Wizard of Menlo Park

Maximo Roboto posted:

miles of strip malls and cookie cutter hoa subdivisions as far as the eye can see

no natural beauty whatsoever

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
its fine i guess, if you like places like that

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

like a farm ?

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
the north coast is amazingly beautiful and property there is insanely cheap relative to the rest of california. i'm pretty sure i'm move up there and work remote or find a place that lets me work quasi remote.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

so i lived in nc for 4 years and the bbq sucks, which is weird because vinegar is amazing.

anyhow the big thing in nc is ‘chopped’ bbq where you smoke a pork shoulder and then chop it into a textureless mush.

it’s still bbq sp it’s still delicious but super lame compared to the good texas bbq i’ve had

gtfo pulled pork bbq is great.

texas bbq is just sliced meat served with lovely bread

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
silicon valley is a giant rear end strip mall with excellent chinese food that you will never be able to afford a house in

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
california in general is bad, op

the weather is nice but the entire population is garbage and the cost of living is outrageous just to be up to your ears in people.

it also probably won't exist in 10 years, once the water levels rise, but at least they won't have to worry about fires i guess.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

everything's really expensive but there's still trash absolutely everywhere even in the affluent suburbs :wtc:

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

everything looks like a circuit board like you're inside an episode of ReBoot

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it's a boring suburb where everything costs twice as much as it's supposed to

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

california in general is bad, op

the weather is nice but the entire population is garbage and the cost of living is outrageous just to be up to your ears in people.

it also probably won't exist in 10 years, once the water levels rise, but at least they won't have to worry about fires i guess.

i think i'm going to move to humboldt county, i lived there before and loved it, but the economy sucks and jobs suck. however if you're a programming making $$$ remotely it's a fantastic wonderful place to live that's cheap and beautiful.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Good Sphere posted:

everything looks like a circuit board like you're inside an episode of ReBoot

jesus i loving wish

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

why not try anything not in the us, it's currently not going that great there

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

i think i'm going to move to humboldt county, i lived there before and loved it, but the economy sucks and jobs suck. however if you're a programming making $$$ remotely it's a fantastic wonderful place to live that's cheap and beautiful.

mega agreedo I wish I could do this but also I think my wife might kill me -- humboldt, mendocino, del norte, etc

qirex posted:

it's a boring suburb where everything costs twice as much as it's supposed to

also this

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
close second would be some cascade or sierra mountain town -- id put up with snow again for that

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

SC bbq best bbq imo

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Tankakern posted:

why not try anything not in the us, it's currently not going that great there

What cities in Canada aren't overpriced at this point. Montréal?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

florida lan posted:

silicon valley is a giant rear end strip mall with excellent chinese food that you will never be able to afford a house in

also all the beer places have menus like this

ah yes i'll have a shot glass of your finest ale, my good man *slaps down $20*

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

also all the beer places have menus like this

ah yes i'll have a shot glass of your finest ale, my good man *slaps down $20*

holy crap I go to nerd beer bars in the city and these prices are insane, you can get 8-9oz sours in restaurants cheaper than that

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i refuse to buy any beer poured less than 16oz

the only exception i'll allow is pliny the elder at 13oz, and that's pushin it

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I don’t even think I would want 16oz of consecration or almanac sour

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

qirex posted:

I don’t even think I would want 16oz of consecration or almanac sour

i just had the peach sournova for the first time and drat it was good, i have high standards for sours too since wicked weed was in NC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
the trick to drinking a lot of sour beer is to drink other beers in between your sours hth

• Locked thread