Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

pliny the elder

gross

qirex posted:

consecration

shits amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
its like rain on your wedding day

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
the trick to drinking sour beer is to drink regular beer instead

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Pliny is like if you took good beer and left a pine tree car air freshener in it for a month

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i like pliny (elder and younger) but im not standing in line for it

hops taste good. sometimes i want a very hoppy beer. usually i don’t.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i'm really not kidding you see this everywhere here

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I had allagash curieux the other day and its fantastic.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

plinys good but a little too heavy for me most of the time. blind pig is way better.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

looking at this makes me feel incredibly fatigued for some reason.

Shaggar posted:

hell yeah it is. i need to visit the brewery someday.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

my local pub has $3 dortmunder pints for crying out loud

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shaggar posted:

allagash

i forever associate allegash with peter king and it's turned me off permanently

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i don't see a problem with a $6 pint of 6.8% modern times ipa

Shaggar posted:

hell yes it's dangerously loving good

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
California beer snobbery is epic

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

graph posted:

i forever associate allegash with peter king and it's turned me off permanently

idk who that is

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
p sure that place serves the 6 oz pours in white wine glasses

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
First time I went to San Fran I was so hyped. Alcatraz was literally the only good thing about it. Silicon Valley is just an endless, tedious suburbia.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ocrassus posted:

First time I went to San Fran I was so hyped. Alcatraz was literally the only good thing about it. Silicon Valley is just an endless, tedious suburbia.

wait until you see pretty much all of the rest of California

really anywhere that isn't Mega City One or, being generous, core Chicago

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

ive been in the bay too long cause those prices look fine to me. :smith:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i'm the loving metro ui beer menu

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rotor posted:

i'm the loving metro ui beer menu

it's untappd and mostly everywhere uses it

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

my bitter bi rival posted:

eh. i’ve been living in lovely gentrified or affluent urban neighborhoods for about a decade now and it’s really just as bad, the craft beer prices, that is.

but i bet it really grinds you down when you gotta rent a room for the same price as a large apartment literally anywhere else on top of all that.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

graph posted:

it's untappd and mostly everywhere uses it

i hate everything about this

except you, graph, you're ok.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rotor posted:

i hate everything about this

except you, graph, you're ok.

namaste

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

if you’re in sf go to toronado or zeitgeist if you’re a beer nerd

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

qirex posted:

if you’re in sf go to toronado or zeitgeist if you’re a beer nerd

ya toronado is bad rear end.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
allagash is really good and if you're ever in portland me check out their brewery tour its neat!

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Sour beers are at least less intolerable than the overload of microbrew IPAs

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

my bitter bi rival posted:

the one on the bottom right would be almost $20 for a full pint

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
if your bar doesn't have their list of beers on an honest to god chalkboard that gets updated as they bring up kegs from the basement then it's nerd garbage and also gently caress you

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
What about printed menus that they stamp out the kicked ones on?

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
does it help get you drunk with cheaper, less offensive liquids than otherwise? if so it's good, if not it's garbage

if all they have in the first place is offensive then chug down that turpentine and rejoice that you've found the bottom of the barrel

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the one on the bottom right would be almost $20 for a full pint

lol ya i posted that before i saw the 6 oz ones.those ones are still nuts. but i would drink pints of old raasputin and whatever fieldworks ipa for those prices gladly.

good jovi
Dec 11, 2000

'm pro-dickgirl, and I VOTE!

i was in Santa Clara for a conference and walked a few blocks to the liquor store. halfway there, the sidewalk just stopped. no crossing or anything, just walk in the dirt now, you filthy pedestrian.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

good jovi posted:

i was in Santa Clara for a conference and walked a few blocks to the liquor store. halfway there, the sidewalk just stopped. no crossing or anything, just walk in the dirt now, you filthy pedestrian.

I’ve encountered that in NOVA too — they even had crossing signals for the intersection but no sidewalks

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

good jovi posted:

of you think that's bad wait til you see the bike lanes

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

good jovi posted:

yeah this is extremely common in many suburbs across america, even having some sidewalks is a loving luxury. i've been to places in tennessee and california whiteflight burbs where you dont even have sidewalks, just strips of dirt/shoulder

afterwall, you wouldn't want "those people" to walk up and steal your tv now would you???

cheque_some
Dec 6, 2006
The Wizard of Menlo Park

good jovi posted:

ive always wanted to ask H.P. Hovercraft, just what is the point of this sidewalk. it's even got the raised bump pad like they're expecting a blind person to cross here.

Landed at SJC at like midnight and was planning to take the light rail to my hotel

turns out the 'airport' light rail station is several blocks away and the airport is pretty much surrounded by freeways. i almost died after finding the one way out through the parking garage, running across six lanes of traffic, then having to go across the freeway overpass without a shoulder or sidewalk, then cross the on-ramps on the other side. After that, though the sidewalks started at least.

Xaris posted:

yeah this is extremely common in many suburbs across america, even having some sidewalks is a loving luxury. i've been to places in tennessee and california whiteflight burbs where you dont even have sidewalks, just strips of dirt/shoulder

afterwall, you wouldn't want "those people" to walk up and steal your tv now would you???
i think it's just as much a self fulfilling prophecy of "why pay for something no one will use"

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

cheque_some posted:

ive always wanted to ask H.P. Hovercraft, just what is the point of this sidewalk. it's even got the raised bump pad like they're expecting a blind person to cross here.

Landed at SJC at like midnight and was planning to take the light rail to my hotel

turns out the 'airport' light rail station is several blocks away and the airport is pretty much surrounded by freeways. i almost died after finding the one way out through the parking garage, running across six lanes of traffic, then having to go across the freeway overpass without a shoulder or sidewalk, then cross the on-ramps on the other side. After that, though the sidewalks started at least.

i think it's just as much a self fulfilling prophecy of "why pay for something no one will use"

theres supposed to be a shuttle that goes from the terminal to the light rail, but i guess its not running at midnight

looks like theres actually a sidewalk and crosswalk if you start from the terminal instead of from the parking garage

at least thats better than sfo; i couldnt figure out how to walk from there to millbrae transit at all; every sidewalk i found had a "no pedestrians; violators will be prosecuted" sign

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Raluek posted:

at least thats better than sfo; i couldnt figure out how to walk from there to millbrae transit at all; every sidewalk i found had a "no pedestrians; violators will be prosecuted" sign

you can't walk there from millbrae, you take bart. the only way to walk across the freeway from the airport is to go all the way north to san bruno

the stupid thing about the airport is they had such a boner for the trains to physically go into the terminal it screwed up all the routing and only weird trains go to millbrae when they could have just had the airtrain and maybe a pedestrian overpass go over the freeway instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

cheque_some posted:

if that doesn't lead to a door or something then it prolly went in before whatever that structure is behind it was built

and yeah sidewalks will end like that when you've got really weak local building codes. you see it a lot in places that are essentially run by developers, it's a form of regulatory capture

• Locked thread