Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

cheque_some posted:

ive always wanted to ask H.P. Hovercraft, just what is the point of this sidewalk. it's even got the raised bump pad like they're expecting a blind person to cross here.

Landed at SJC at like midnight and was planning to take the light rail to my hotel

turns out the 'airport' light rail station is several blocks away and the airport is pretty much surrounded by freeways. i almost died after finding the one way out through the parking garage, running across six lanes of traffic, then having to go across the freeway overpass without a shoulder or sidewalk, then cross the on-ramps on the other side. After that, though the sidewalks started at least.

i think it's just as much a self fulfilling prophecy of "why pay for something no one will use"

theres supposed to be a shuttle that goes from the terminal to the light rail, but i guess its not running at midnight

looks like theres actually a sidewalk and crosswalk if you start from the terminal instead of from the parking garage

at least thats better than sfo; i couldnt figure out how to walk from there to millbrae transit at all; every sidewalk i found had a "no pedestrians; violators will be prosecuted" sign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

cheque_some posted:

yeah i think after 10 pm the shuttle ran so infrequently i was gonna just be sitting around waiting for a long time and I just wanted to get to sleep at that point

from what i remember (and checking out Street View) the sidewalks didn't actually go anywhere, they just dead ended at the highway

i was thinking of this route:

you can get to the light rail station from airport drive, or walk along the river trail until the next street, idk which is faster. this mainly came to mind because i sometimes ride my bike home from work along that trail, and i remember passing that crosswalk

qirex posted:

you can't walk there from millbrae, you take bart. the only way to walk across the freeway from the airport is to go all the way north to san bruno

i wanted to get to caltrain, though. it would have been like $5.50 to take bart one stop to the transit mall i could see from where i started

i did find out that theres that samtrans bus that goes there for like $1.50 instead, but still

• Locked thread