Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

everything's really expensive but there's still trash absolutely everywhere even in the affluent suburbs :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

plinys good but a little too heavy for me most of the time. blind pig is way better.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i'm really not kidding you see this everywhere here

ive been in the bay too long cause those prices look fine to me. :smith:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

qirex posted:

if you’re in sf go to toronado or zeitgeist if you’re a beer nerd

ya toronado is bad rear end.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the one on the bottom right would be almost $20 for a full pint

lol ya i posted that before i saw the 6 oz ones.those ones are still nuts. but i would drink pints of old raasputin and whatever fieldworks ipa for those prices gladly.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

good jovi posted:

i was in Santa Clara for a conference and walked a few blocks to the liquor store. halfway there, the sidewalk just stopped. no crossing or anything, just walk in the dirt now, you filthy pedestrian.

of you think that's bad wait til you see the bike lanes

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

DELETE CASCADE posted:

I live in Belmont and it’s both cool and also good

cool and good is definitely a stretch

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i'm in a nice quiet building on the side of a hill, across the street from a park, walking distance from caltrain which i take to work, biking distance from everything else i'd ever need, or if i want to drive somewhere it's quick and easy to get to el camino and 101. 2 bedroom, nice neighbors, chill landlord, great weather, safe neighborhood, close to nature, saw some wild turkeys this morning. what more could i ask for

people in this forum are way too jaded about the bay area

I lived in the South Bay from 16 - ~25 and live in Belmont now and this part of the peninsula makes me feel claustrophobic. I don't know if it's cause I have to use el Camino and 101 for everything or because everything is crammed between two highways but I can't shake it.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lancemantis posted:

speaking of the peninsula 280 always feels weird as hell to me -- I know there are cities right next to me but yet all I see are green/brown hills

its because both sides of 280 are owned by stanford or the extremely wealthy (but i repeat myself) from los altos up to burlingame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lancemantis posted:

also as a former rural-liver I'm used to driving freeway and highway systems in complete darkness

god driving country backroads at night threw me off the last time i went to visit relatives.

• Locked thread