Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
u might think a place where nerds are in charge sounsd cool, but you’d be forgetting that these are rich empowered nerds who think they know better than anyone else

like if stack overflow was an economic region

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
also it’s all suburbs and the cities are unlivable.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Maximo Roboto posted:

What's the Research Triangle like

lots of business parks, like silicon valley but cheaper. north carolina is not a terrible place to live in most measurable ways.

DONT THREAD ON ME fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 10, 2019

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

obstipator posted:

they put vinegar on their BBQ!!! :wth:

so i lived in nc for 4 years and the bbq sucks, which is weird because vinegar is amazing.

anyhow the big thing in nc is ‘chopped’ bbq where you smoke a pork shoulder and then chop it into a textureless mush.

it’s still bbq sp it’s still delicious but super lame compared to the good texas bbq i’ve had

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
more like silly-con valley

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
the north coast is amazingly beautiful and property there is insanely cheap relative to the rest of california. i'm pretty sure i'm move up there and work remote or find a place that lets me work quasi remote.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

california in general is bad, op

the weather is nice but the entire population is garbage and the cost of living is outrageous just to be up to your ears in people.

it also probably won't exist in 10 years, once the water levels rise, but at least they won't have to worry about fires i guess.

i think i'm going to move to humboldt county, i lived there before and loved it, but the economy sucks and jobs suck. however if you're a programming making $$$ remotely it's a fantastic wonderful place to live that's cheap and beautiful.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

qirex posted:

I don’t even think I would want 16oz of consecration or almanac sour

i just had the peach sournova for the first time and drat it was good, i have high standards for sours too since wicked weed was in NC.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
the trick to drinking a lot of sour beer is to drink other beers in between your sours hth

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i like pliny (elder and younger) but im not standing in line for it

hops taste good. sometimes i want a very hoppy beer. usually i don’t.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i’ve never really been a big allagash fan though i’ve nothing bad to say about their beers. they make a lot of belgians and i’m not a huge belgian fan.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
walking in america is generally inadvisable outside of a handful of places

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it's weird seeing homeless people in the suburbs, but you get used to it

it’s me, a bay area liberal who can give you a list of reasons why tearing down homeless camps is a good thing. And don’t get me started on the transit strike!

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Xaris posted:

. all thanks reagan/ca killed mental health programs and banned involuntary treatment, and also nimbys refuse to either fund or allow for public housing and mental health hospitals to go up bc muh views/taxes/whatever.

such a loving crime.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
im in sf right now this city is a clusterfuck

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
my girlfriends brother is graduating from a programming boot camp (wasn’t my advice) and we’ve been parking for an hour and a half

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

DELETE CASCADE posted:

oh, you DROVE into sf? lmfao, rip

also not my choice i wanted to take the barr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo