Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moby_Dick
Apr 18, 2003

You'd think I've been riding the L all my life.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that locality adjustment for doctors at the palo alto VA hospital is $70k, as high as it goes (base is $110k)

The irony of physician subsidy like this is that since California is a very highly underserved state for most specialties it makes the Bay Area and Sac the only places in Cali that have adequate numbers of physicians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moby_Dick
Apr 18, 2003

You'd think I've been riding the L all my life.
Salaries vary widely per specialty, though, and generally speaking you get more than what’s on your base salary depending on what you do and how you do it. You tend to do OK in the Bay Area when all the beans are counted. It’s a tough place to break into

unless you’re primary care which is horrible everywhere now

• Locked thread