Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

zoux posted:

You know, there's one guy we're forgetting about, a guy who looks out for bridge collapse victims, and I thi-

Ah. Hell.

This sounds exactly like something a mothman sympathizer would say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

kazil posted:

I feel like a large portion of the insane poo poo boomers believe is real can be directly traced back to X-Files

The legend of the chupacabra can be traced back to the time when a lady in Puerto Rico saw a weird-looking animal and assumed it was a alien monster, just like in the film Species (1995).

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
she tried to gently caress a chupacabra?

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

It's really funny that the chupacabra is from the 90s, the x files episode wasn't too much after the legend was invented

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

hallo spacedog posted:

It's really funny that the chupacabra is from the 90s, the x files episode wasn't too much after the legend was invented

Probably spread like wildfire on the early internet, which is awesome

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

You know, there's one guy we're forgetting about, a guy who looks out for bridge collapse victims, and I thi-

Ah. Hell.

I don't think the Mothman caused the other bridge collapse. Just that it somehow knew about it beforehand.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Wait, do you guys think the Chupacabra isn't real?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

chupacabra is a fantastic word, because it belongs to a class of nouns known as exocentric verb-noun compound agent nouns – that is, compound nouns describing a doer of something, made up of the verb and the object of the verb, and placing the verb first: words like cutthroat, pickpocket, lickspittle, etc. These are interesting because the ones that have survived to the present day seem to all refer to something seedy and disreputable.

also chupacabra literally translates to suckgoat

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

venus de lmao posted:

chupacabra is a fantastic word, because it belongs to a class of nouns known as exocentric verb-noun compound agent nouns – that is, compound nouns describing a doer of something, made up of the verb and the object of the verb, and placing the verb first: words like cutthroat, pickpocket, lickspittle, etc. These are interesting because the ones that have survived to the present day seem to all refer to something seedy and disreputable.

my favorite of these is kissass

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Chupa THIS cabra, you gently caress!

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

concerning

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Suckgoat? Are we talking about, your mum?
:clint:

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

cohsae posted:

Suckgoat? Are we talking about, your mum?
:clint:

No, talking about Mrs. Nancy Reagan.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Dameius posted:

No, talking about Mrs. Nancy Reagan.

an all-timer she was

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/pipterino/status/1773039157436157964?s=20

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

venus de lmao posted:

...and if I destroy a whole bunch of bridges do they call me bridge destroyer? No!

But when I chupa ONE cabra...

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

The true virtuosos combine all four

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/__femb0t/status/1773020007187825108?t=rxxQGEUw9bTZbk-exPK2cg&s=19

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

... where... where is wednesday, my dudes?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Must be for Smarch only

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Pththya-lyi posted:

Someone who is not me, reply to this with 4 dril tweets, one for each motive. You are welcome for the great idea, I'm an ideas guy.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/FemboyYt/status/1772733719897649537

Pththya-lyi posted:

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 00:58 on Mar 28, 2024

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

venus de lmao posted:

This is how a lot of words in Spanish work and do not necessarily refer to something bad:

"rascacielos" - scratch-sky: skyscraper
"paraguas" - stop-water: umbrella
"sacacorchos" - get-corks: corkscrew

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/aazadmmn/status/1771958213258182932?s=20

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sänkyynkakkaaja
Mummonhaistelija
Pierunpierijä
Jne.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Chupacabra is actually pretty chill when you get to know him

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

My favourite was always:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Read another anything Jesus gently caress.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I actually feel like the Jesus gently caress genre has lost its passion lately

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Two posts about Calvin and Hobbes and you’re on this level? You doin ok? Your poops solid lately?

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/NCAABuzzerBters/status/1772804064444912041?t=EglUsWkpm3REkIwRrtbh3Q&s=19

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1wGlgHKEVY

Don't often care about celebrity deaths but this one hits hard.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
It's been said that the death of Harambe marked the divergence of our timeline. What does the passing of the self-pleasuring otter portend?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

If I can send a message back to my 12-year old self, first I'll tell him the girl across the street can definitely see inside his window and then if I have time, to diversify his newspaper comic strip readings.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Tree Bucket posted:

It's been said that the death of Harambe marked the divergence of our timeline. What does the passing of the self-pleasuring otter portend?

End of days

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Tree Bucket posted:

Doom

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

it was 6 years ago, can people not read dates?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

venus de lmao posted:

it was 6 years ago, can people not read dates?

I can only read dates in ISO format. I’ve got no internal monologue. Calvin and Hobbes is the only show I watch or something. I am angry about thread.