Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

credburn posted:

If someone is playing multiple characters in a sketch and "someone is playing multiple characters in a sketch" isn't the point of the joke, then it's not funny, it's just awkward, maybe a little sad, and the opposite of funny.

nobody cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
My pedantry is split exactly down the middle between agreeing it's a travesty to call off 4'33" when something weird is happening, but also being able to complain and shut down any arrangement at any time for any reason when you run the venue. Wonder if that teacher ever had to stop someone playing Four Seasons lead on a trombone.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

A couple of highlights from John Hamilton McWhorter V's Wikipedia page:

quote:

In a 2001 article, McWhorter's discourse was that the attitudes and general behavior of black people, rather than white racism, were what held African Americans back in the United States.

quote:

McWhorter has posited that anti-racism has become as harmful in the United States as racism itself [during a 2018 debate].

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

credburn posted:

If someone is playing multiple characters in a sketch and "someone is playing multiple characters in a sketch" isn't the point of the joke, then it's not funny, it's just awkward, maybe a little sad, and the opposite of funny.

This is the comedy equivalent of sending back a meal at a restaurant because the different foods on it were touching.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

credburn posted:

Lmao please keep making this weirder.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

zedprime posted:

My pedantry is split exactly down the middle between agreeing it's a travesty to call off 4'33" when something weird is happening, but also being able to complain and shut down any arrangement at any time for any reason when you run the venue. Wonder if that teacher ever had to stop someone playing Four Seasons lead on a trombone.

Actually anything at all happening is the loving point of the piece.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

credburn posted:

it's not funny, it's just awkward, maybe a little sad, and the opposite of funny.

But enough about your post history, let's all enjoy another classic ProZD post!

https://youtu.be/ulteZYyWAA8

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Nessus posted:

Who elected you the Comedy Police

I demand a recount

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Okay calling a dude who I think in his late 20s a kid is peak goon energy

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

credburn posted:

Post a video of you saying this and someone else agreeing.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

cohsae posted:

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

cohsae posted:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

He brought that up on @midnight recently and got dunked on by Weird Al and Thomas Lennon for the rest of the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOo_qtKWdnM

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

cohsae posted:

lmao

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

You can't tell both sides of a knock knock joke! That violates the laws of joking!

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I’m really hoping that dude is trolling us because the alternative is so much sadder.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

space uncle posted:

I’m really hoping that dude is trolling us because the alternative is so much sadder.

Forums kayfabe, even if it's likely someone is just trolling you can't acknowledge it or it ruins the whole thing.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
If you don't have one completely insane niche cultural thing that makes you mad are you even a goon

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Okay calling a dude who I think in his late 20s a kid is peak goon energy
ProZD is like 30, he just got a baby face

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
ProZD's face is 20 but his voice is 45 so it evens out

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

cohsae posted:

drat.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Nessus posted:

ProZD is like 30, he just got a baby face

Also, his mom is adorable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5Hh-cTaEVo&t=216s

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Like what you like but god drat do white guys love phish, the most mediocre anything that ever was.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Phish phear me

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

syntaxfunction posted:

Forums kayfabe, even if it's likely someone is just trolling you can't acknowledge it or it ruins the whole thing.

Ah poo poo I didn’t mean to break.

If you don’t like the tweets we’re posting brother, and if you disrespect Sung Won Cho again, I’ll see you in the Octagon!

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Like what you like but god drat do white guys love phish, the most mediocre anything that ever was.

Toto exists.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Breetai posted:

Toto exists.

Toto had hooks. Please don’t make me defend Toto.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I miss the rains down in aaaaafriccaaaaaa

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Blessed

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Say what you will about music but if you don't think Africa loving slaps then maybe keep the rest of those opinions to yourself.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Toto had hooks. Please don’t make me defend Toto.

Three Toto songs had hooks. Everything other than that was pure pablum.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

ultrafilter posted:

Three Toto songs had hooks. Everything other than that was pure pablum.

That's three more than Phish's interminable noodling.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
I'm not trying to convert anyone, tickets are already hard enough, but that was a really good Phish run. I am a caricature of a mediocre middle age white guy, beer belly, greying man bun, the works - but goddamn that was some of the best live music I've seen.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I'm listening to Phish. Mad?

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Heath posted:

I'm listening to Phish. Mad?

I don't think it makes you mad. Maybe a little crazy until the drugs wear off.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Phish is great to contemplate the universe with because my brain will do literally anything else to escape the boredom of their meandering mediocrity.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

BallerBallerDillz posted:

I'm not trying to convert anyone, tickets are already hard enough, but that was a really good Phish run. I am a caricature of a mediocre middle age white guy, beer belly, greying man bun, the works - but goddamn that was some of the best live music I've seen.

How long did it take you to stop spontaneously orgasming?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Some say they're still going to this day.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

You mean, ‘coming’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Good ice cream though. I like the caramel swirls and the little fudge fishes