Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
there is no escaping them, friend. not even australia is safe.
https://twitter.com/DreamHack/status/1784168670219964563

Griddle of Love posted:

The pro move would be to have guests on both sides of the screen and vtuberize both of them.
true blind dates
that is so loving sick, I wish more people thought ahead of time to donate their extensive collections to places instead of letting them sit until they die and then their kids just trash it all or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Pepper's Ghost (pepper is a vtuber)

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I wasn't sure if buying the ps5 with a disc drive was really gonna pay off or not but I moved house and internet hasn't been set up yet and I found that my wife has copies of the blade movies on DVD in a box and I'm feeling very vindicated rn

no internet is required to study the blade

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I wasn't sure if buying the ps5 with a disc drive was really gonna pay off or not but I moved house and internet hasn't been set up yet and I found that my wife has copies of the blade movies on DVD in a box and I'm feeling very vindicated rn

While you were playing dress up with Stellar
I was watching the Blade...

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Aramoro posted:

What's the point of that though? There's not some sort of secret cabal of organisers to infiltrate, it's just some students doing student things.

I could imagine the cops quietly sending someone into the crowd with a hidden cam to get close-up video of the people there, so that if they decide to charge someone after the fact, they'll have a much easier time identifying them. Like if they have a blurry video of a guy in a green shirt and leather jacket throwing a tear gas canister back at the cops, that isn't much to go on if they want to find that guy and make an example of him. But if they have videos from inside the crowd from earlier, there's a decent chance they'll have a good pic of the guy's face somewhere in there.

It's not as if it would cost them much to put a body cam on a youngish-looking guy in plain clothes and have him stroll through the protest a few times, but it might net them a bunch of helpful information if they decide to put the boot down.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You can also infiltrate just to stir things up so other cops have the excuse to crackdown hard, but they don’t really need it

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Why do they always wear standard issue boots.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Dameius posted:

They're all discworld fans and have internalized vimes' inner monologues about boots and nothing else

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hyperlynx posted:

Eh, I think it's already kind of pathetic to go to an establishment where you pay to just hang out and drink with an employee you find attractive. It doesn't seem much more pathetic to me if that employee is virtual.

This expands the labour pool to people who aren't conventionally attractive. Getting kinda dizzy trying to figure out if that is a good thing or not. Yay, uggos can be exploited too?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I'm just curious about how they get the drinks to the patrons. The whole "drink out of a half-filled glass of beer left on the counter" probably doesn't reflect the real-life experience. At least I hope it doesn't.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Why's it always a maid cafe? Why never a Kindly Grandma Cafe? I bet loads of people would like to have a low stress chat with a kindly grandma.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Facebook Aunt posted:

Why's it always a maid cafe? Why never a Kindly Grandma Cafe? I bet loads of people would like to have a low stress chat with a kindly grandma.

just realized my dream cafe is one where everybody gets their own personal kitchen and someone cosplaying as the Oracle gives me a cookie and a pep talk

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

The racist uncle cafe idea has been done to death

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Dameius posted:

smh they never watched Die Hard with a vengeance.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Facebook Aunt posted:

That's just like 80% of small restaurants in suburban/rural Japan, tbh. When I briefly lived there I had a pizzeria grandpa, Italian cuisine aunt, Brazilian market grandma, and a karaoke mama-san all in walking distance of my apartment. They loved chatting about culture, my health/fitness, my students, my girlfriend, etc. and they all made extra sure I was well fed.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Modal Auxiliary posted:

That's just like 80% of small restaurants in suburban/rural Japan, tbh. When I briefly lived there I had a pizzeria grandpa, Italian cuisine aunt, Brazilian market grandma, and a karaoke mama-san all in walking distance of my apartment. They loved chatting about culture, my health/fitness, my students, my girlfriend, etc. and they all made extra sure I was well fed.

That's what happens when your country's population age pyramid looks kite-shaped instead

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The asynchronous blinking is the real star

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Heath posted:

Can't believe I didn't catch it the first time :lol:

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

She's drunk as poo poo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Facebook Aunt posted:

there are tons of different gimmick cafes, maid cafes are just the most common. hell there's even variants of that itself, like a fat maid cafe

the opposite side of the fence to the maid cafe, butler cafes!

Seoul has Raccoon Cafes, where raccoons just wander around and hang out with the customers, similar to cat cafes.

while looking for example images I found a loving Peter Rabbit-themed cafe. the children's book. also a sumo wrestler one where they fight in the middle of the restaurant. and I bet somewhere out there there's a granny cafe just for you

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Japan has a cafe for pretty much every niche just the maid cafes are more popular with westerners so that’s what they focus on

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/AliceNebularis/status/1784647443411345784

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I would like a house with a turret but I'd settle for an oriel window

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Captain Invictus posted:

the opposite side of the fence to the maid cafe, butler cafes!

lol look at this nerd nice haircut nerd

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Arguing with the mirror again?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I will go full-on jihad on anyone who opposes cat cafes :colbert:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Heath posted:

Who wouldn't love to sit down for a drink with a Harkonnen mentat?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

CommissarMega posted:

We just got out first ever cat cafe in town. I was sad to learn the coffee sipping area is closed off from the cat area. Which makes sense, I guess -- I was wondering if I was going to end up with cat hair in my drink. But I also went there to drink with cats :(

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Tree Bucket posted:

Who wouldn't love to sit down for a drink with a Harkonnen mentat?

All I know is they had drat well better do the entire "it is by will alone I set my mind in motion" speech before taking the first sip.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Captain Invictus posted:

Seoul has Raccoon Cafes, where raccoons just wander around and hang out with the customers, similar to cat cafes.

Oh my gooooooooooooooooood. I love those grabby little weirdo paws.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

CharlestheHammer posted:

Japan has a cafe for pretty much every niche just the maid cafes are more popular with westerners so that’s what they focus on

My favorite niche Cafe is the Kirby Cafe that does this

https://twitter.com/87th/status/761779592445190144

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It sucks

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

CommissarMega posted:

Not me!

I nearly went to one that opened up in Melbourne before I went "well, hang on, I have wonderful cats at home". (Also iirc it was just as covid lockdowns were ending and before vaccines were available.)

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

CommissarMega posted:

A guy I worked with once heard us talking about a new cat café, and chimed in to say "gently caress it, I'd try cat, whatever. It might be good".

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Well yeah. That's kirbys entire shtick.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

One of (yes I've been to multiple) our cat cafes gives you takeaway coffees to have in the cat bit, so it's doable.

My kids love cats so I've become an expert in finding and rating cat cafes.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I went to an owl cafe and got to pet an owl and a hedgehog and an otter gave me a high five.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

space uncle posted:

I went to an owl cafe and got to pet an owl and a hedgehog and an otter gave me a high five.

Can't tell if you actually went to Japan or you just did shrooms and read a Richard Scarry book.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Japan has a bar where the employees are super jacked women and you can work out and drink protein shakes with them and they like to emasculate tough guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

This is all reminding me of that huge blowup with the insane lady who opened a cat cafe and everyone who dealt with her tearing her to shreds online. I wonder what became of her.