Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I don't understand why the Twitter video player is such poo poo. The YouTube version of plays smoothly where that version consistently stutters. The big wet Billy deserves the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Even if you hadn't told me this guy was a con artist I'd still have guessed it because holy hell is he obviously simulating feelings. Jesus.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I'm vomiting so hard the recoil blows the top of my head off.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Misinformation deleted. I remembered incorrectly.

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 18:54 on Jun 25, 2019

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

MizPiz posted:

I hope it's not baby head squishy :ohdear:

That's the melon, which is a resonating chamber to make echolocation work.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I know it's the cool goon thing to pretend not to know anything about popular culture, but calling Liam Gallagher a "cockney-rear end nobody" is kinda reaching.

I'd never heard of or seen the guy. Had to google him. I've heard of Oasis, but didn't know his name because Oasis loving blows. I can't name any members of Cold Play either.

VVV I care

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 23:25 on Jun 29, 2019

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Piell posted:

The STDH thread is that way

If you think that was meant to be taken as real you stopped reading way before the end.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Katt posted:

Wasn't the Boston tea party just a bunch of rich tea smugglers who got angry because the Brits were lowering the tax on tea and so biting into their profits?

Yeah I know there was that paper tax too but that had been repelled at that point.

It was about the East India Company being exempted from taxes on tea. It'd be like if the government randomly decided to subsidize Walmart.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

pookel posted:

The boomer comics are terrible but at least they have punchlines. Those "fixes" are godawful.

That's the point. Boomer jokes hinge entirely on moral and personal failures of boomers as a generation. They don't realize they're the joke.

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 00:47 on Jul 26, 2019

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Puppy Time posted:

Forced treatment doesn't tend to work.

Just keep her away from dogs (and probably other animals) without supervision.

John McAfee whale tweet here

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

wizzardstaff posted:

That looks suspiciously like a floor texture from The Sims. Could be anything though, it's pretty generic.

It also looks like a texture that came with a 3d modeling application from 1998 that I pirated in middle school.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Of all states, why Wyoming?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Parallelwoody posted:

I'm still fully confused by the shifter mashing a nut. Do you drive with one leg in the passenger seat?

Clutch pedal. Holy poo poo, why is this so hard?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Who What Now posted:

Pig dicks are way too small to spin a donut on

Pig dicks spiral. That seems perfect for spinning things.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I love how quickly they put up a map with CO highlighted. I have to assume they have tools on hand to generate stuff like that, but still.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Olaf The Stout posted:

Adding this guy as an honorable target on my eat-the-rich checklist.

Her line at the end is fantastic.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Who What Now posted:

I never noticed that Jr has birthing hips

Look at the lines in the background. They're presumably part of the pavers, so they should be straight. The image appears to be shopped.

Edit: beaten

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 13:48 on Nov 9, 2019

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I'm with Idiot. Ironic anti-intellectualism isn't particularly funny in an era when anti-intellectualism is one of the major driving forces of the onrushing doom of civilization.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

JoelJoel posted:

I used to know a perfectly intelligent and well educated person but then they heard a joke about the appropriation and direction of scientific funding and now they're a complete moron.

Ok. Words don't matter. They affect nothing. Got it.

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 22:03 on Nov 9, 2019

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Rolo posted:

So what happened did a gender reveal balloon burn down a building or something?

A gender reveal firework blew shrapnel through a lady's head. If there were more incidents I haven't heard about it.

Edit: oh yeah, there was that plane crash too

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 13:39 on Nov 11, 2019

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Mr.Radar posted:

This is a fascinating thread about what life was probably like for a ~550 year old Native American woman whose remains were recently found during construction in what is now British Columbia:

https://twitter.com/KamloopsArchaeo/status/1194061210146050048

That's a good loving tweet, goddamn.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Foxfire_ posted:

Billie Eilish's music isn't really guitar-adjacent at all, so it's not that surprising that she hasn't encountered influential guitarists whose entire career was before she was born.

For a professional guitarist it'd be weird not to have heard of him since he was influential and popularized tapping as a technique, but she's a singer/writer and doesn't really use guitars at all. Like I'd also expect a professional guitarist to know who Robert Johnson was and he died in the 30s, but not be surprised if a drummed didn't know him.

This is the part I think a lot of folks aren't getting. Guitar rock as a genre is basically dead. It's stone cold, Jeffery Epstein dead as a pop genre. She might even know a song or two of theirs, but there's literally no reason to know the name unless she's, I dunno, dated a dad rock nerd or something.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Son of Rodney posted:

You're making jokes about loving corpses but think animals are in bad taste?

:thejoke:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Olaf The Stout posted:

I just watched bladerunner for the first time this year, and deckard totally rapes that replicant. He holds her down while she's screaming no, and it's viewed at the time as a love scene??

Bold part didn't happen, but yeah, it's pretty bad. I've seen an interview with the director where they confirm it was intentional. They started out trying to film a normal love scene but the chemistry wasn't there. They took a step back and thought about what to do and realized it worked better with the point of the movie if Deckard didn't really treat her as human.

I'm sure some people view it as a love scene for the same reason there are people who see movies like Full Metal Jacket and think "woah, badass": because they're morons.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Danaru posted:

People harassing and doxing trans folks as a prank you see haha no really it's ironic harassment you just dont get it maaan

And also FYADers wandering in to tag team troll anywhere the harassment was being discussed, including the trans issues discussion thread in TGRS.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

There's absolutely something to be said for telling a story because you want to tell a story, and letting it be what it is. But he's perhaps not the best advocate for that approach.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Roblo posted:

I love the smug watch "connoisseurs" in the comments calling people 'broke' (as if they could afford it) and saying people "don't understand movement" and are uneducated. The original tweet doesn't cover any of that. They just say it looks cheap and nasty.

I bet it's awful at keeping time, too. A lot of expensive watches are, Rolexes included. An affordable self winding mechanical might be the cheapest way to get a watch you never have to gently caress with, idk, but that's about the only legitimate purpose they serve at this point.

What a waste of a bid sapphire.

Cheap quartz movements are literally ten times more accurate than even very nice mechanical movements.

The tourbillion was originally an attempt to improve that, but at this point they're just masturbation and a way to (dramatically) increase the price. Including one basically requires making some part of the case transparent for the same reason no one makes discrete supercars. This watch takes that to it's logical conclusion, then shits the bed harder than I thought possible. I'm honestly impressed.

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 21:04 on Jan 20, 2020

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Garrand posted:

Fur aside, I would have no desire to get in a car only to have a bunch of screens blaring add directly in my face

Same. It's obnoxious as gently caress on top of being bewilderingly strange.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Son of Rodney posted:

Is this a parody post or is this a thing that Americans actually believe

Why on earth would you try to pin that on Americans?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Memento posted:

Are you actually wondering if a girl who is sixteen years old could have traveled on a ship that sank over a hundred years ago?

This is the thing you're not sure about?

You're brain dead. How are you posting?

He's joking, you weenie.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Skwirl posted:

You do know "pipelines" and "guillotine" don't even come close to rhyming, right?

:thejoke:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Ishamael posted:

I'm dumb, what's the joke here? That he thinks students are most interested in how to keep going to class?

Twitter embeds cut off an images. Click through and read the whole thing.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Old Boot posted:

Nah DTs can straight-up kill you dead if you go cold turkey, and benzos won't do a drat thing about it.

Benzos are the other drug where withdrawal can kill and they can literally be used to treat alcohol withdrawal. They're not just for dealing with the anxiety.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

JacquelineDempsey posted:

So I'm old and stupid and not really good with phones. How do I make this work?

I got Google to show me the horse, but how do I get it to show up on my camera? (Samsung J3 running Android, if that helps).

I ask because I'm going to an art gallery tonight with a life sized sculpture of a horse, and can't resist the idea of getting a picture of that with a Google horse.

Google at the home screen, not in a browser. I have no idea if doing it in a browser works but I know doing it from from the home screen does. From there:

If one of those buttons isn't there, you're out of luck.

After you press the second one it will pop up the camera. Or it may ask for permission to launch the camera. You should say yes. If it doesn't ask but also doesn't work it may be you'd previously denied permission, in which case you'll have to Google how to reset it.

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 20:55 on Apr 23, 2020

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

i own every Bionicle posted:

It also works with a tiger, lion, goat, and probably other aminals I can’t think of right now.

Kangaroo, Labrador retriever, and shark. Others that I can't remember either.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

From comments:

:smith:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Samuringa posted:

It's always important to :goonsay: "It's actually sexual assault" every time this plot point is brought up because that's what matters and not that comic books treat and always have treated women like poo poo for their entire existence.

It's actually ambiguous what joker does to her. The only objectively inaccurate part was saying he made Gordon watch. It's a mind bogglingly dumb quibble.

Inceltown posted:

I want to see a Batman where Bruce realises that the huge wealth inequality is the driving force behind Gothams crime problem and he fights for a more just tax system that is used to improve the lives of the impoverished. Creating a social safety net that means no one needs to resort to violence to stay alive.

Same.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

A reply points out a detail in the background

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Mister Mind posted:

My bingo card just caught fire.

https://twitter.com/acsosheriffs/status/1267299965635682305?s=21

Edit: all tigers at Oakland Zoo accounted for...they say...

These usually turn out to be large dogs or stray children's toys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Elysiume posted:

Stray children already have enough problems and now they're losing their toys? :sigh:

And then they get eaten by tigers!