Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Cleretic posted:

I bet he didn't play the original, but did play Human Revolution. Who does have a largely sympathetically-depicted tech CEO, albeit still one that does incredibly awful things. He's just supposedly well-meaning about it; the kind of big money guy that'll absolutely embrace a utopia, just as long as it's on his terms and rule.

...so yeah, Elon definitely played Human Revolution.

oh my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Moon Slayer posted:

Hexes and magic aren't real.

bold stance. My god, the bravery one this one. (slow building of applause)

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
One of my exes began a conversation with "so, what's up with your penis? It's different, it's got this flap of skin on it."

I made fun of her for that.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Im thinkin bout thos immortal crabs

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Harvard is a snooty and rich university and by inference has a snooty and rich library that presumably prides itself on either owning or having extremely quick access to every text they might need. We assume they are more comfortable fielding requests for some of their vast collection to be loaned out than having to admit they don't have every written woro ever.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

How do all the old people get around? Isn't florida made of old people? Do you just have eighty year old grannies driving monster trucks over other cars?

guess how many states require you to come in and take your test after age benchmarks

go on guess

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
http://www.columbia.edu/~lmg21/ash3002y/earlyac99/documents/observations.html

There's the letter.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
At least one.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
it's the evangelion theme

I know this not from ever having watched that show but from being shown a million videos from other shows redubbed with that theme

this was pretty well done tho

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

some plague rats posted:

If I had to choose a hill to die on, it would be that any tattoo that looks like two blank circles until you give a long winded rear end explanation and throw your hands all over is a rubbish one

Get something fun! Stop being nerds who need everything to be just sooo precious and clever and impossible to understand without an explanation and just get frankenstein fighting a shark or something!!!

I have no tattoos, my wife has a full back and sleeves on both arms.

I think the two blank circles are pretty cool and the explanation would be awesome, especially if I was like 1 beer in.

I have a friend who got the XOR symbol tatttoed on his wrist and it's cool, even though the tattoo artist originally thought it was "another loving plug"

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

I don't understand

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

CommonShore posted:

There was a place in my old neighbourhood that served $12 cocktails sold in mason jars of different sizes. They had a "speakeasy" in the basement beside the bathrooms, hidden behind a bookcase. It was just like the rest of the bar, but it was behind a bookcase. They had like two cocktails that you could only order and drink in the """"""speakeasy"""""".

We'd go there occasionally because they had good in-house made ginger beer and other nonalcoholic drinks.

I am sorry that you had to suffer through the pain of ambience to order non-alcoholic drinks at a bar.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I mean pigeons don't have dicks but I'm pretty sure angels do so who knows

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm 6'1 and bald which means about once a week a new bleeding gash appears on my head as if by magic

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Serperoth posted:

Does this have a time limit? Please don't tell me Sir Terry Pratchett was a creep

Pratchett is one of those dudes where after his death you keep getting new heartwarming stories you were not previously aware of.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Yeah there's a reason that one of the key pieces of advice for first time psychedelic users is "don't look at clocks"

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

canyoneer posted:

Ramen noodle sliders makes me imagine a tasting flight of little bowls of different fancy ramen and that sounds awesome

I've been to a ramen place that did that and it ruled.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Buddy of mine got married at the zoo, we had hors' deouevres at the ape exhibit and the ceremony was outside the wolf pen. That was pretty cool.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Gorillas are smart as hell they have absolutely thought about it. Then dismissed it because they are wise.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
It's 130 percent of their weight not 100 times unfortunately

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
See, then you hire a second hypnotherapist to remove the memory of treating you from the first one.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

I read that whole thread and then had a revelation that this is just an updated version of those fwd:fwd:fwd emails I make fun of my parents for

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Wait that was actually him I thought that was an imposter loving lol

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
https://mandynews.com/fact-check-trophy-hunter-eaten-by-lion-hoax/

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

drat he made good points for a dude who had a mushroom tell him all this

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

canyoneer posted:

Wrong place at wrong time suggests that there exists a right time to stick one's dick in a blender or vacuum

well yes, the wrong place is always in the blender, but the right time to stick your penis in the blender is "when it's off."

Right time doesn't mean good time

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Oh man those puppet scenes in control were less creepy than that.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Danaru posted:

It does make sense though, if you boil a pot of rice and chuck a piece of chicken from the fridge in without nuking it in the hopes that the rice will heat it up, you're just going to get hot rice with some lukewarm rice surrounding the cold-rear end chicken

I work evening shifts

man if that's how you make a girl cum then I am way off

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

Yeah sure but that's why people don't build castles anymore, because we don't need giant stone edifices that can hold out for years against the French.

They didn't when he built the castle either that was the point it was a fairy tale castle from the start. It's cool to see in person because it's half brick and uses steel framing.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Killingyouguy! posted:

If you started watching Days of Our Lives from the beginning I think you'd die

checks out, my grandma's dead.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Horace posted:

my favourite part of this is "there are even pages on the ceiling" coming after the roadside billboards and 19ft mural as though sticking inkjet printouts on your ceiling somehow outranks those

see here's the thing, to my mind it's a lot easier and more temporary to have a few billboards and a 19 foot cut out.

imagine waiting around for hours to print out every single images by hand from 10 printers each staring at you while creating another image also staring at you

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Uh are you implying that God isn't always watching us

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

codo27 posted:

Me and a friend of mine used to be godly at guitar hero, but we had this other buddy who was obsessed with rock band but never got good at it somehow. He'd drink alone while playing the game, thinking he was the coolest. Total recycled teenager, would ditch us to hang out with kids, allergic to responsibilities etc. Is now marrying the craziest woman any of us have ever met, who has a child from a previous relationship and uses it solely to manipulate him into not having fun which is all he used to live for. Ironic, sort of.

Anyway this guy made me think of him

gently caress me years back I used to know a broadly similar person, complete with the marriage to someone batshit insane with a previous child. Must be a pattern.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Inceltown posted:

I'm not going to gently caress you just for that. You got to work a bit harder, maybe buy me dinner first or something.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
His appearance in that video is the result of careful negotiations and he is focusing with every fiber of his being on not rolling his eyes, being visibly annoyed, or reflexively smirking.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

sebmojo posted:

Muttering these monkey balls are off the charts in tones of absolute wonder

No.

These monkey balls are off the chain

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Robert Were Fox

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

I'll have you know I have laser eyes thank you very much

i mean that just is ruby quartz mode you can't fool me

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Hyperlynx posted:

Ha, yeah Charnel was great too, but I was actually referring to Pyro as Satan. Charnel was a surprisingly upstanding guy, actually very lucid and reasonable despite the bluster. Pyro was the real monster. Like, if you play Charnel's missions he turns out to be a lot more reasonable than he likes to project, while if you play Pyro's the game gives you several opportunities to go "actually, this is hosed up" and defect.

poo poo, I think I need to reinstall it.

same, we need a remastered version or a game inspired by it. Too many good ideas in that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Dick Trauma posted:

Took like two seconds for that one to reactivate the part of my brain where it has long slumbered.

same good god.