Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

AlbieQuirky posted:

It honestly wouldn’t be a shock, considering the Saudis take witchcraft very seriously? As do the Islamic State/ISIS/ISIL?

And if the US fundamentalist Christians had a centralized army, they’d certainly have an anti-witchcraft squad.

I mean the evangelical faith is pretty much an anti-witchcraft squad as it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

frankenfreak posted:

A payphone? Like a Phone Booth?

look at who posted it

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

drat I just realized that there are not one but two movies in which keanu reeves travels through dimensions with a phone booth

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

The photos of communications towers was 100% just their merch. Album covers, posters, etc. And given how anti-state they are, yeah I bet all their cases and crates had some stickers that would get a peckerwood cop all bothered. I can also see a little more sensitivity about that in Oklahoma given the OKC bombing.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Stereotype posted:

they're not all gonna fit at that tiny table.

There’s one in each cup

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

https://mobile.twitter.com/cpybara/status/1434746092319608832

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Some of them are home to boreal roads and greenback cutthroat trout, which are threatened/endangered species!

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I'm the flippers they managed to keep on while breaching a submarine and making it down a few ladders

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

There's this speakeasy-themed bar in my town that I like and they do a thing called the old stogie. They set a little pile of earl grey tea on fire with a blowtorch under an upside-down glass while they're mixing up rye, brown sugar, and bitters, and then they pour the drink into the smoky glass. It's gross. It's also like when somebody orders some flambed fajitas or something at a tex-mex restaurant except the whole bar smells like a smoldering wet leaf pile for the rest of the time you're there.

Yes they use beakers and Erlenmeyer flasks and ring stands and bunsen burners and poo poo at the bar, their aesthetic is all over the place.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Arsenic Lupin posted:

This interests me because tea-smoked duck is definitely a thing, and I wouldn't call the smell of heated tea leaves inherently bad. I'm betting it's the choice of Earl Grey, which is full of bergamot essential oil, that's the problem.

Yeah, and I'm sure it could also be the quality of the tea they use, the amount of time they burn it, how hot they burn it, any number of things. But like... just float some islay on it or something a little less overpowering.
The same bar does something where they torch a cinnamon stick, and when someone orders that, the place smells like a headshop for a while after.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

https://twitter.com/i/status/1441121212134875137

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Vincent posted:

Why are these deadly? I know they are, I just don't know why.
Also: the third pic's text has some very "this is not a place of honor..." energy.

Handful of reasons.
If you plug each end into a wall socket, there will be an electrical fire in a few seconds.
WRT Christmas lights, it means that all the other end, there is a live male plug. If you touch it across those terminals, it completes a 110-V circuit and fries you. If something else grounds across it, it fries that and stars a fire.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Foxfire_ posted:

:eng101: There will maybe be a fire in a few seconds.

There could also be a fire in a few minutes/hours when no one is looking, a bypassed circuit breaker/gfci, or everything operating as desired with no bad effects depending on which wall sockets you pick and what else is connected to the building wiring

Oh, poo poo, I didn’t know that. So I’m good to go with plugging the garage outlets to the basement sockets to get more power to that room for my bitcoin mine then, right?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Hey uh what happen

Edit: oh drat

HenryJLittlefinger has a new favorite as of 04:59 on Nov 11, 2021

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

That’s good and all but now I really want to see Matt berry do that stuff instead of that guy

I guess I’ll just look at a picture of Matt berry

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

the gently caress did I just watch

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

That’s funny as hell

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I love these so much. There's some really good ones of Sarah Sanders during her time as press handler for Trump.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Fools Infinite posted:

I've seen a squirrel fall out of a tree and be killed from the fall. The dead squirrel was in the same spot for about a week. I guess squirrel math doesn't really account for rocks strewn about the forest floor.

Yeah I’ve also seen this happen a couple times and found dead squirrels who were ostensibly killed by a fall. They might not be heavy but they’re still squishy little mammals and pavement is hard.

My coworker and I were walking across campus a few years ago and found a freshly dead (still warm) squirrel under the branch it fell off and we were looking at it when a guy walked up and was really concerned. He asked if we should call someone and when I said “No man, there will be a crow here soon,” he was not satisfied.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Regarde Aduck posted:

How do you guys know it didn’t die then fall to the ground?

There was actually a squirrel shaped hole in the ground, and it had climbed back out of that hole onto the sidewalk and finally died right next to it.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

PYF Tweets: Hello my urine Angels

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I read that as “Jews are all healthy and always have been” the first time and it was still funny

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/lukeisamazing/status/1481107980082987018

Will these results bear out in further study? Yes. Yes they will.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

No that math is wrong, the 80s are not 40 years ago.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

It has to be wrong. The 80s were 20 years ago like they always were. It’s not like we’re farther away from the release of GTA: Vice City than it is from the year it’s set in or anything

nah I was just playing that a couple years ago when me and my girlfriend moved into our first place before we bought a house and got married and had a kid and goddammit

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

is there an easy way to find more of these tweets ripping on joe rogan because he's credulous and dumb, I like those

like this
https://twitter.com/GRITknox/status/1483661040403554307

https://twitter.com/FrancisTheSailr/status/1483434614127484931

HenryJLittlefinger has a new favorite as of 00:16 on Jan 20, 2022

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Memento posted:

I'm going for Dr. Teeth but I'm staying for Marcelline. Pity about what happened otherwise I heard Zazz Blammymatazz were going to headline the second stage.

they got dropped because of cocaine charges

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

https://twitter.com/NoContextBoomer/status/1484349262624292868

https://twitter.com/xychelsea/status/1484539730717188097

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

https://twitter.com/ManMilk2/status/1483863073286983685

https://twitter.com/ManMilk2/status/1477703657089024002

https://twitter.com/ManMilk2/status/1476222919609098244

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

lol wasted

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Y’all do know that Damon Albarn had been around for like 12 years with Blur before the Gorillaz right?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Yeah no argument here. It just struck me as odd that nobody mentioned Blur as part of his cosongwriting. I guess I still think of Gorillaz as his side project but that stopped being the case back in 2005 or so.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

some plague rats posted:

Sometimes I say this about random people to see who I can get to believe me

While back my gf was going through an awful surf guitar phase until I convinced her dick dale was a segregationist

Your gf sounds cool, can she post instead of you?

edit: I’m sorry that was mean. Surf guitar is cool tho

HenryJLittlefinger has a new favorite as of 15:44 on Jan 26, 2022

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

some plague rats posted:

Interesting. Did you know that [pretending to read from wikipedia] Dick Dale was an outspoken opponent of integration and bussing, and played a number of concerts in support of the presidential campaign of George Wallace?

Sick Dale was an old white guy who rose to prominence in the 60s (70s?) and has a target audience of old white guys from the 60s so I’m just going to assume you’re only scratching the tip of the iceberg and furthermore I’m going to repeat it to everyone else I see today.

e:lol I’m not changing that autocorrect

HenryJLittlefinger has a new favorite as of 21:35 on Jan 26, 2022

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

SyNack Sassimov posted:

Yeah that's it, I'm gonna call it a tetrahedral scheme.

That's not a scheme, you ding dong, don't you know anything about marketing?

That's a "business model"

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Arsenic Lupin posted:

My very favorite is the children's book author Crescent Dragonwagon.

She made a fine cookbook too

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Dammit I bet Will Shortz is just beside himself with smugness over this

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Chiggers are a very specific thing though, they’re the parasitic larval stage of a mite that lives in leaf litter and low lying vegetation. The name does get thrown around to refer to various biting insects and other arthropods, but getting into chiggers is a special kind of horrible that stands alone. I’d rather deal with mosquitoes and deerflies and leeches all at the same time than chiggers.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

By the time you know you’ve got em it’s too late. If you know what they are when you realize it, you know you’re in for a very long and maddening week or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

D-Pad posted:

Y'all don't know what calamine lotion is?

lol if you think calamine lotion does anything for chiggers