Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

They found a glitch where if you clip partially through the wall at the right angle, it increases your forward speed. This is due to a miscalculation in the code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

He got the hang of things pretty quick, then.

https://twitter.com/TweetsOfCats/status/1603383023352807424

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

I thought the whole concept of a chatbot was to read conversations and then mimic them. How many casual one-on-one dialogues were recorded by any of these historical figures? Did they just take a bog-standard public-trained chatbot and feed it a Wikipedia page?

This is like someone wrote a lovely sci-fi novel where somebody took an android fresh off the sentient robot assembly line, told it that it's Hitler, then handed it a history book. Still programmed with a "default" (non-genocidal) set of moral values, it takes the most palatable interpretation, that it didn't actually commit these crimes, everything must have just been a misunderstanding.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Daniel Radcliffe is Harry Potter. That's the joke. The lead actor of the film adaptation of the famous TERF's book series is actively supporting the people Rowling is trying to gently caress over.

This tweet is unrelated:

https://twitter.com/Pizza_Suplex/status/1641201943639994368

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

The origin of Western aversion to MSG is exactly as baseless and racist as the term "Chinese restaurant syndrome" would imply, but I guess now food manufacturers are pretending it's unpopular because it's a "chemical".

The short version is, nutritional literacy in the general public is abysmal.

unrelated:

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1652013567325945866

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

I'm genuinely curious as to what these folk think an "advanced" American anime is. I mean I already know it's King of the Hill, but now I'm obsessed with the idea of a non-native speaker trying to untangle the million hyper-topical cultural references in The Simpsons that were dated a month after they first aired.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Dareon posted:

"To be fair, you have to have 大きな脳 to understand リック・アンド・モーティ"

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

:911:

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

I'm absolutely not going to look into it, but I give it 60/40 odds it's a base builder or similar, that besides having a woman as a tutorial NPC, is 0% horny. This is an Evony, and I'm not falling for it again.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1688320702158655488

Elon is so pathetic that he's getting completely destroyed by Mark loving Zuckerberg.

God drat we keep joking about this guy pulling a Lowtax but even Lowtax actually showed up for his dipshit boxing match challenge.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

CuriousSymptoms posted:

Five of these to give away, post when taken:

bsky-social-wahdn-kdqhf
bsky-social-yrrls-ed7xr
bsky-social-pwn6l-2epfq
bsky-social-3jh35-gdoc7
bsky-social-dsjoh-d73xa

Took this one.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

update: I've subscribed to literally no accounts yet, and the experience is already one million times better than Ex-Twitter.

edit: to be fair, a blank screen would be better than the twitter experience at this point.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

1992 was a hell of a year.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

I'm sure glad the AIs have solved the problems of not having enough Ideas Guys.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Hear me out, maybe it's a regular giraffe body, full size, full height, but just a normal-sized human (sans legs) instead of a neck.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

'Community Notes' remains the funniest feature ever added to Twitter.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

You can't tell both sides of a knock knock joke! That violates the laws of joking!

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

...making deals with God involves a lot of risk and suffering?

tbf I haven't attempted this.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

I'm kinkshaming this.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Ebay ghost sellers solved that issue forever ago with "here's a ghost, [20 paragraphs about the ghost's personality, star sign, blood type, how they died, etc] disclaimer, I AM ONLY SELLING A DOLL, the ghost is a free gift that is included with your purchase. Price is 250$ for this 30 year old decaying ragdoll."

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Ah yes, it was the chords that made this funny, not the dog standing on a piano and screaming. That person should be thrown in jail for fraud!

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

I'm glad X user "venomthatcums" is here to give us the scoop.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Instructions unclear, now I'm wet (not in the sexy way) and very dizzy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Boneless wings aren't wings either.

I'd eat those though.