Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

EmmyOk posted:

I pinned this for a few days to see if it gets traction. PYF can always do with new blood threads.

https://twitter.com/zackfox/status/1106303557760925698

This is the most wholesome feelgood thread I have seen all week. Pro-click.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Binary Badger posted:

for a second I thought this was Overly Attached Girlfriend

is...is this how you learned you have prosopagnosia?

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

He also has 3 pages worth of probations and a coupla bans.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

this is amazing

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

LawfulWaffle posted:

In the full “bigger than before” video, the egg winds up being smashed.

Is it a bigger smash than before when it was just a regular egg?

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Bertrand Hustle posted:

So for those of us who have no clue who Cole is, can you fill in a little more context about why this is funny?

I mean it's fairly obvious if you read the thread and watch the videos.

Cole Hersch was a popular viner, as were the rest of the contestants, but the producers only looked at his follower account, not realizing he's super unfit and kinda dorky. He proceeds to show up for the "reality" show and takes absolutely NONE of it seriously, and somehow got second place.

🤷🏼‍♂️

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

FFT posted:

that last one is from a Monty Python sketch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKHFZBUTA4k

this is thoroughly mansplained (and called out) in the thread.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

christmas boots posted:

Is this "trolling"?

definitely trolling now. It might not have been at first.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Captainsalami posted:

KICKIN rear end rear end

We have the same birthday!

We are now internet BFFs and I will BROOK NO ARGUMENT.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

mind the walrus posted:

lmao at any man in 2019 who isn't wearing boxer-briefs. Best of both worlds and they look hot if you're even marginally in-shape.

Boxer-briefs, or as I like to refer to them: Inferior Trunks.

Trunks for Life, gentlemen. Imagine boxer-briefs but WAY better.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Doc Hawkins posted:

too bulky for good pants, ie ones tight enough to risk testicular torsion when shifting gears

Trunks are less bulky tho? They're basically boxer-briefs, but with shorter legs.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

OwlFancier posted:

They were from south america but I couldn't remember whether or not that applied to north america too.

Yeah that's how Driver's Ed is done here. Special car with brakes/gas on the passenger side as well. Instructor sits there and you sit in the driver's seat.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

greazeball posted:

Strong disagree. Actors don't get input on wardrobe, full stop. You didn't wear the loving hat, your character did, it's called acting. This is an actor throwing a tantrum and stopping production, he should have just been fired.

You would be absolutely correct here if the internet, and by extension - personal branding - didn't exist. But both of those things DO exist, and I don't think Affleck is wrong here about how that might affect his career.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Weird. I know that guy irl. His band is p good if you like Stoner Metal.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Biplane posted:

Everything this man does shows great competence and skill, and yet I find him to be supremely unfunny.

:hmmyes:

Oh cool. I replied to a post from 8.73472 million years ago.

HaB has a new favorite as of 16:22 on Aug 2, 2021

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

SimonChris posted:

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1432607189215162372

This isn't funny or anything; just literally my favorie tweet of the day. And perfectly timed after I just bragged about our queen earlier.

I, an intellectual, on the other hand thought "they're making a whole movie about the 'ermagerd' girl? Weird.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

If someone updated her name to be Karen, it would become super relevant.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Tunicate posted:

Bring back Twins, dual-cast DeVito and Arnold as Mario, switch from one to the other when he eats a mushroom / gets hit.

Not sure if you're joking but I randomly saw this the other day:

https://www.boston.com/culture/entertainment/2021/09/22/twins-sequel-movie-triplets-filming-in-boston/

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Add one more to the gallon-a-day-in-my-teens crew. I'm not intolerant at all now at age LOL OLD. But just don't want it that much these days in favor of regular-rear end water.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Hyperlynx posted:

This is one of those moments of genius that's just so perfect and natural it makes you wonder why it wasn't already the norm. Using a beer bottle as a slide! Outstanding!

Beer bottle as slide is a fairly common thing amongst bluesy guitarists playing in seedy bars.

Had a buddy who took it up a notch and he would be all "hey bartender, gimme a shot!" during a solo, someone would bring him a shot, which he would drain, then flip the glass over on his finger and RIP a slide solo with it.

annnnd the crowd (all 40 of them) goes wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

some plague rats posted:

If you insist!

dang.