Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Elon makes one final, desperate bid for 1 billion users.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Grassy Knowles posted:

...please explain

I refuse to look at a "tick tock" but urban dictionary says

quote:

Talk in cursive

To talk at a fast pace, to the point where one is slurring their words. Popularized by Boomhauer from King of the Hill and John Moschitta Jr, who did commercials for FedEx and Micro Machines.
“Our New York tour guide was talking so fast, I couldn’t comprehend a drat thing he said!” - Jake

“He’s a motor mouth! He likes to talk in cursive! Truth be told, he reminds me of the Micro Machines spokesperson.” - Julie
by GoGetterCFerg July 14, 2020
but I don't live near any teenage girls so who knows what it actually means.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Wound up reading through Twitter's Wikipedia page and something caught my eye.

quote:

In June 2023, Twitter began treating cisgender and cis as slurs on its platform.[147]

Amazing.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Gotta eat that bussy.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

There's no rule says a dog can't play soccer.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Poor Chewbacca. Saw a buttocks and died.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Sensitive content.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

https://twitter.com/OAlexanderDK/status/1679788618598973440

lmao

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

I'm starting to suspect Elon might not give a poo poo about Twitter users.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

What surprised me is that there are as many as 900, 000 people paying for Twitter.
He'll get that $20 billion dollar loan paid off in no time at this rate.

Literally no time at all.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Turns out this is technically not true. Sweet corn is a natural mutation of maize that occurs spontaneously

Wikipedia posted:

In 1493, Christopher Columbus returned to Europe with corn seeds, although this revelation didn't succeed due to inadequate education of how to produce corn. Sweet corn occurs as a spontaneous mutation in field corn and was grown by several Native American tribes. The cultivation of sweet occurred when the Iroquois tribes grew the first recorded sweet corn (called 'Papoon') for European settlers in 1779.[5] It soon became a popular food in the southern and central regions of the United States.

The radiation experiments simply created super-sweet varieties.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Tree Bucket posted:

"The atomic maize experiment only created super varieties" is a terrible "well actually."

We call it the cronus bonus

The claim was that the experiment is literally where sweet corn came from.
As one of the replies to that tweet noted, sweet corn was not invented by white people.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

You're telling me this guy has an insurance company that covers acts of dog?

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

grittyreboot posted:

https://twitter.com/pookleblinky/status/1682518440869785600?t=NR98lR4rDw2TkVo1lpC6Wg&s=19

I know Cash wouldn't have said this. Just substitute Cash for John Prine.

Also, it isn't even true so.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Milo and POTUS posted:

I love the clutch cargo mouth also the whole thing feels far ahead of its time

which part because the sucking part is definitely true

https://twitter.com/TawniVixen4/status/1682860324775403523

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Ambitious Spider posted:

Eh, it's complicated. We probably shouldn't be trying to race science people, but she was at least black enough for the Klan to attack Cash over it, but she identified as white. Roseanne Cash was on Finding your roots and

So I can see why someone would post that, even if it's a way more complicated subject than a tweet can handle

Also, as has been stated 'Whiteness' is a social construct, not a biological one. If the Klan are the only people counting how many slaves your ancestors rapped, you're white enough.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

I miss when Jib Jab just made funny flash videos.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Elon Musk has literally lost more money in a few months than any other person in history, and is still like the third richest man in the world.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

bigperm posted:

So many dipshits are advertising an AI newsletter powered by AI. Sign up now!

I’ve blocked at least a dozen today.

AI news can't be any worse than the regular stuff.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

https://twitter.com/gunsnrosesgirl3/status/1685629350018695168

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm surprised no one else has stolen Don Coyote or maybe they have and I haven't seen it

The Krazy Kat strip had a Don Kiyoty, because George Harriman liked to spell things weird.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

This is how I learned Paul Reubens died.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That escalated quickly.

https://twitter.com/CatWorkers/status/1687939382467067905

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

https://twitter.com/pladsog/status/1688234481931436032

LOL dril's still got it!

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is chad alright? Getting some real negative vibes from him for some reason

Um I think you mean Cchhhaaaddd.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

So, apparently Emenem is trending a bit, I wonder what's up?

https://twitter.com/PopularLiberal/status/1688926217968500741

But don't worry, the guy who Elon refused to ban for posting CSAM is here to talk some "truth"

https://twitter.com/dom_lucre/status/1688948944670232576

ultrafilter posted:

Skipping high school classes to smoke weed is probably a respectable strategy for actually learning math though.

The joke explained.

I was promised an explanation and all I got was a headache.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

D-Pad posted:

This made me remember about the time I smoked with a guy who had a bong that was a figurine of one of the ICP dudes loving Eminem in the rear end. This would have been at the height of both their popularity.

lol ICP at the height of their popularity vs Emenem at his.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

The height of ICP's popularity was when the released that on song.
The one the meme is from.

The only ICP song anyone has ever heard.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Emenems feud with Moby was less ridiculous than the feud with ICP.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

DontMockMySmock posted:

Costello: So what's the lineup for the classic rock festival?

Abbott: Well, The Guess Who is playing first, then The Who, then The Band.

Costello: Can you just tell me their names?

Abbott: I just told you!

Costello: Who's playing first?

Abbott: No they're on second, The Guess Who's on first.

Costello: Just tell me, I'm not going to guess the band that's playing first.

Abbott: They're playing third; we're not talking about them.

etc.

Ok, fine. Nevermind first. Whose on second?

Yes.

Yes is playing second?

What? No!

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Looks like the Pope finally won.

https://twitter.com/AlisonMaryORE/status/1688894324128325632

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

ok?

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Look you need to understand that when people say "Best wings in town" 'wings' is code for 'tits'.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

ponzicar posted:

Did they block off the top too? Or is some kid at the park going to have a bad day?

Maybe another cop even.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Beeswax posted:

There are no no age brackets in mma

Even weight classes are a relatively new thing.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

https://twitter.com/DC_Draino/status/1691257780127006720

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

https://twitter.com/JohnErikFraker/status/1691159192453943296

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/1691812293934227489

I guess my first question is why is there a verified pro-Adolf Hitler account that encourages antisemitic harassment

I mean, you absolutely know the answer to your question already.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Lobok posted:

Au10tix? I'm not going to trust an ID verification company that sounds like they put out an album in the '90s.

The best part is it's an Israeli company which the Muskovites are just going to love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1691842575769260171
She'd post the super exonerating evidence NOW, but, you know.....
Oh is that the time? Gotta run!