Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

https://twitter.com/tomwalkerisgood/status/1342642673354645506

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

imagine watching an entire cutscene or not skipping through dialogue to get to your next mission as fast as possible lmao. just imagine it.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

If you drive a car, gently caress You

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Biplane posted:

I was just banned from twitter for "targeted harassment" for posting that I hope musk and bezos go there and die.

thank u for you're service

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Skwirl posted:

Oh God, I've spent the last several years mistakenly thinking the No Logo lady had completely lost her mind.

https://twitter.com/markpopham/status/1186995263807864832?s=20

That doesn't rhyme but ok

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

...as opportunity increases, urges also increase; urges increase more sharply as you approach the point of bad behavior but level off shortly afterward? :confused:

the only really important thing to remember is that "BRAIN TURNS OFF" happens well before creating this chart

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

everybody knows a dozen is 50

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

thousands of people who had no interest in this woman's feet until they read this tweet: go on

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

posting on the h4x0r page

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Milo and POTUS posted:

I can only scroll down and see like 10 tweets without being prompted to sign in. This is bullshit; is it new?

10 whole tweets? wow, yeah that seems new. i usually get like 3 or 4 tops

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

elon may have tried to stop high speed rail from getting built by hocking his shitmobiles, but he failed, so really you guys are just getting mad about rich people YET AGAIN

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

His name was Kevin Walsh.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

I'm regented?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

D-Pad posted:

Overall that sounds ok, and I definitely agree Taibbi is a hack, but I just have not seen nearly enough to take the bolded parts below as true without more data and I have a really hard time attributing that type of behavior to the tech bros infesting these types of companies.

Taibbi did make it sound like there is a lot more to come and this was just an initial dump, but honestly that just makes it even worse and obvious he knew exactly what he was doing by posting just this and not the full dump so we could determine if the stuff above is true as well as see things like how it worked when it came from the other side. But again, I just don't have a lot of faith in the tech bro crowd so I am very curious to see the rest of the dump if it is ever released before I make any final decisions. Appreciate you engaging in good faith and it has definitely shifted my opinion somewhat.

Matt Taibbi sucks poo poo and is a huge dumbass

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

lol

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Never liked that guy. Glad he took out the trash (himself)

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

GD_American posted:

I move to close debate on this issue and move to the next action item, do I have a second

No

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

wow did he really say this??

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Minera posted:

whyd this get probated lol

you're next

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Yes her mother deserved to die and I hope she burns in hell!

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

He's right

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

https://twitter.com/MarkWil41102903/status/1656693291805540355

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Air Skwirl posted:

The "ever wonder what the rest of the Mona Lisa looks like" thing is hilarious because it's not actually a thing anyone has every wondered and the AI version doesn't have legs. I've been to the Louvre and seen the Mona Lisa in person and no one is there saying "what's slightly to her left or right?"

I am at the Louvre right now and everybody is saying that

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

lol

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

I already wanted to die, but now I want to kill

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

https://twitter.com/krassenstein/status/1673346572963176449

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

It rules.

What kind of other legal, technically not against the rules and hard to detect things could one do if they wanted to make an Airbnb owners life more difficult?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

i can't wait until humans are oil for the next dominant species

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

that's punishable by a fine of up to tree thousand dollars or tree years in prison

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Frank Frank posted:

You mean the Lana del Rey who is the daughter of somemusic mogul guy incredibly rich guy who started off as a bubblegum pop star and then reinvented their career when that didn’t work out? That Lana del Rey?

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2012/jan/21/lana-del-rey-pop

(Don’t get me wrong, I like her music)

Get her rear end dude. Take her down a peg or two. Really just let her have it.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

loving Christ

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Mister Speaker posted:

Only tangentially related, but one time in high school I got in a big argument with a friend because I asked our dealer for an 'eighth' of weed. "You're not from around here," he insisted, because it was actually called a 'half-quarter' and everyone in Toronto knew that. No man, I just know more than two fractions and like to be concise, I'm definitely "from around here."

it's a three and a half

does Toronto actually say 'half-quarter'? what the gently caress

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Snowy posted:

bsky-social-7lkfm-mmhhg

bsky-social-32dyc-qphb6

bsky-social-jfgxl-bm2mv

bsky-social-rklrv-w3l7b

bsky-social-yj5z7-pkgdl

grabbed all of these thanks

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

That video sucks so loving bad

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Risutora posted:

countless hours of actual human effort spent trying to find the optimal way to please an algorithm designed to waste maximum amount of user time is just :chefskiss:

it makes money, op

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

she can fix me

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

doesn't the cat poop in the indoor dirt that's all i wanna know

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

TotalLossBrain posted:

Maybe Donkey Kong is shaped after that house.
Check mate nerds

mama mia

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

grittyreboot posted:

What was the wife doing? She was on her feet the whole time!

Screaming uselessly, like a woman