Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

PT6A posted:

Well now at least everyone who said Black Panther was not a good enough film to win Best Picture, can have their nose rubbed in their own stupidity like a dog that's pissed on the rug. I mean, I don't know it should've won but I'm extremely loving certain it was more deserving than Green Book.

their nominations both represent the same cowardice, even if black panther is a better movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Black Panther was an enormous crossover hit that brought Afrofuturism into the mainstream, proved for not the first time that there is tremendous audience interest in movies about minorities, and that the material is accessible and compelling. It's an inspiring fantasy about what the world would be like if the most powerful nation on Earth was native African, and it's a great jumping board onto how we were robbed of these possibilities, as well as other topics that typically receive zero attention in the media but that have been prevalent among under-represented communities for decades. It creates a vision of a world never before seen in mainstream cinema and merges that with the tremendous challenge of creating a big budget film.

I don't think it has any chance of winning, but this is the same Academy that rained awards on Return of the King. Several of its competitors are weak af so it could conceivably be a big surprise.

https://twitter.com/CIA/status/1099851754731122688

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

bohemian rhapsody winning best editing LOL

that's the most bizarre choice imo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

best picture should have gone to minding the gap

corn in the bible