Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Orv posted:

Maybe get crazy, do Gas.

There's already a non-zero chance that Bo Rai Cho is going to be a Kameo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
More like Blow Rai Cho

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

With Smoke and Rain, surely Reptile at the very least is playable

Also hope you can choose costumes for Kameo fighters and you can use the pre-cyborg Cyrax and Sektor :shobon:

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Sockser posted:

With Smoke and Rain, surely Reptile at the very least is playable

Also hope you can choose costumes for Kameo fighters and you can use the pre-cyborg Cyrax and Sektor :shobon:

It would be a grave injustice if Rain fans got catered to more than Reptile fans over the course of MK9 to MK12

Also I'm thrilled they announced Smoke this early, I've got a Smoke cosplay that I'm bringing to a convention in two weeks and it'll actually be relevant now

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Sockser posted:

Buzz saw literally coming straight out of his gaping glistening chest as Human Cyrax comes in for his fatal blow.

Unless they do what they did in MK9 and give him an entirely different animation.

Orv
May 4, 2011

pretty soft girl posted:

It would be a grave injustice if Rain fans got catered to more than Reptile fans over the course of MK9 to MK12

Reptile fans are just really boring Khameleon fans

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

uXs posted:

They should make some more ninjas. We're always getting the same, give us some new ones.

*bursts into the room, tripping over own feet* I CAME UP WITH AN ORANGE NINJA HIM NAME IS FYRO

Orv
May 4, 2011

davidspackage posted:

*bursts into the room, tripping over own feet* I CAME UP WITH AN ORANGE NINJA HIM NAME IS FYRO

Guie of the Fieri clan.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

They should randomly choose two OC DO NOT STEAL ninjas from one of those bug gently caress 400 character mugen games that Matt McMuscles plays to just drop right into MK12

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

pretty soft girl posted:

They should randomly choose two OC DO NOT STEAL ninjas from one of those bug gently caress 400 character mugen games that Matt McMuscles plays to just drop right into MK12

Hell yeah, it's Boob Saibot's time

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

Don Ramon and Spanish Homer Simpson for DLC pack 2

Orv
May 4, 2011
I am gonna be sad though if some of the great X designs get left there though. Kotal owns and the fact that it took them 24 years or whatever to go “uhhhh what about a cowboy, like with guns” is just embarrassing.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

I mean let's face it, if Erron showed up during the 3d era he would probably be competing with Hsu Hao for "most embarassing" so it's probably a good thing they waited that long

Orv
May 4, 2011
Y’ain’t wrong

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

The new Outworld goon squad was all pretty cool. Maybe we'll get lucky and get slightly younger or time displaced versions of Kotal, Erron, and D'vorah in a DLC or something.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

No exclusive characters from X or XI should be salvaged.

Orv
May 4, 2011
:wrong:

I’d even go for another round of Farrah Tor

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Motaro vs Kollector when

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Holy poo poo I had 100% forgotten about Kollector.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Orv posted:

:wrong:

I’d even go for another round of Farrah Tor

Only if Ferra is now the big one and there's a different lil' guy on her shoulders.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Danny DeVito skin for Ferra.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

iirc Torr was one of the Kameos mentioned in the leaks.

the tag gameplay and air kombat actually has me more enthused now. taking a Kung Lao Kameo and getting granted both a hat buzzsaw AND a tandem teleport is nuts. Really interested now how much the Kameo will affect each character's playstyle

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Give me all the hosed up ninjas from Mortal Kombat chaotic

Orv
May 4, 2011

davidspackage posted:

Only if Ferra is now the big one and there's a different lil' guy on her shoulders.

Acceptable.

I will not spell them correctly or the same way each time however

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

codo27 posted:

They all owned, actually

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

The Kins posted:

Here's a new trailer with approximately 50 ninjas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66opZ1Go_ZA
This has to confirm that Kameo =/= unplayable, right? Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Kung Lao all show up in the Kameo slot at different times during that video.

Also what the gently caress are the cyborg Lin Kuei doing in this timeline

Orv
May 4, 2011
They have confirmed that kameos can be on the roster too. Though at least initially I think they’re probably aiming for most of them not to be.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Kameos are all based on the old timeline. So, characters that are not playable or who don't exist in this timeline, like the cyber-ninjas, can be Kameos. Likewise, playable characters can also be Kameos, but their look and/or play style will be based on previous versions. No idea how that fits into the cannon of the game.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I'm pretty sure they already said there's no canon or in-game explanation for kameos, they're just a gameplay thing that doesn't factor into the story.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

CapnAndy posted:

This has to confirm that Kameo =/= unplayable, right? Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Kung Lao all show up in the Kameo slot at different times during that video.

Ed Boon confirmed that on-stage at SGF, because both Sub and Kung Lao were both Kameos and combatants in the debut gameplay trailer.

CapnAndy posted:

Also what the gently caress are the cyborg Lin Kuei doing in this timeline

It looks like most of the Kameos are explicitly non-canon, hence the name. They've all but said out loud that Scorpion in this game is Kuai Liang with a different set of powers, but the Scorpion Kameo is visibly good ol' Hanzo.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Kano and Sonya Kameos are in their OG MK outfits, so that lines up

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

codo27 posted:

Cetrion should return because her voice actress is incredible.

But make her more than just a mama's girl.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The Kins posted:

Here's a new trailer with approximately 50 ninjas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66opZ1Go_ZA

Kinda :laffo: at the Sektor/Smoke brutality(?). Sektor saws directly through the enemy's torso and blows up their head, only for Smoke to jump in with his lovely little knife afterwards. Good job buddy, you're helping!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I haven't played Mortal Kombat since the original, but gosh dang it I always like seeing the new ones come out.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

Wanderer posted:

They've all but said out loud that Scorpion in this game is Kuai Liang with a different set of powers, but the Scorpion Kameo is visibly good ol' Hanzo.

They do have me wondering if Smoke is Tomas, Hanzo, or a different person entirely in this timeline. Not sure of the legitimacy of it, but there's been a leaked story summary for Smoke that he was orphaned by the Lin Kuei so the grandmaster took him in and raised him as a third son. They showed Scorpion, who is probably Kuai, seemingly having a closer bond with Smoke than Bi Han in the trailer so I do kind of wonder if they plan to have Hanzo be Smoke so they can carry on with Kuai and Hanzo being buds

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Sockser posted:

Kano and Sonya Kameos are in their OG MK outfits, so that lines up

I think every Kameo shown so far has depicted the characters as they were first introduced in the series, and I feel like they're planning to get them for every character from the first three games (original timeline), at minimum.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

kind of weird that the new Scorpion can turn himself into a fiery skull guy---Lin Kuei is something I associated with ice powers forever given Sub-Zero/Frost fighting over that dragon medallion back in Deadly Alliance. Really wondering why Liang has those powers now if he never previously died in this version

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Why is Rain now a wizard?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

DLC Inc posted:

kind of weird that the new Scorpion can turn himself into a fiery skull guy---Lin Kuei is something I associated with ice powers forever given Sub-Zero/Frost fighting over that dragon medallion back in Deadly Alliance. Really wondering why Liang has those powers now if he never previously died in this version

I think that was that Kameo Scorpion doing that fatality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

codo27 posted:

I will not stand for Cassie erasure.

Also Jacqui and Kaneda were cool, and so was Kotal Kahn.