Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

I think that was that Kameo Scorpion doing that fatality

Pretty sure yeah. That clip looked like it was from a cutscene so probably story mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Kombat Kids and Kotal Kahn were Kool.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Technowolf posted:

Why is Rain now a wizard?

because it's kool.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Perestroika posted:

Kinda :laffo: at the Sektor/Smoke brutality(?). Sektor saws directly through the enemy's torso and blows up their head, only for Smoke to jump in with his lovely little knife afterwards. Good job buddy, you're helping!

I think that’s just a x-ray which is even sillier (because it’s not a finishing move)

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Unlucky7 posted:

I think that was that Kameo Scorpion doing that fatality

Yup, this. They cut a lot between story cut scenes of Sub-Zero and Scoprion together and Sub-Zero fighting with a Scorpion Kameo. We do see new Scorpion doing fire attacks, but no skelly transformations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

pretty soft girl posted:

They should randomly choose two OC DO NOT STEAL ninjas from one of those bug gently caress 400 character mugen games that Matt McMuscles plays to just drop right into MK12

this is my favorite one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4N_OSMzxPU

he's Hydro the water ninja, but he's been cyborgified, but because he uses water magic he's all hosed up and rusted and shorting out lol

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Technowolf posted:

There's already a distinct trend developing here. In Liu Kang's New Era, he's made a distinct effort to rearrange people's stories in their favor. However, he didn't actually remove free will from the equation, so most of these people are proceeding to screw up their lives in similar if not identical ways.

The Lin Kuei aren't a band of thieves and assassins anymore, so Bi-Han didn't get the same opportunities he did in the original timelines, but Bi-Han's still ruthless and ambitious in the New Era. All Liu Kang's done is get Bi-Han to set his sights nominally higher.

With Rain, his issue in the MK9-11 timeline was that he was the abandoned son of a god, who'd been forced to grow up rough on the streets of Edenia. Rain was violently damaged by his childhood and taking it out on everyone else. Now he's grown up as a talented student and has attained nobility on his own merits, but just to go by what he says and does in the trailer, he's still a petty dick.

Sure, this raises some uncomfortable nature vs. nurture arguments, but it's also a very human mistake for Liu Kang to have made.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

rain just being a wizard is loving sick, I've always liked him but I'm all in now.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Wanderer posted:

There's already a distinct trend developing here. In Liu Kang's New Era, he's made a distinct effort to rearrange people's stories in their favor. However, he didn't actually remove free will from the equation, so most of these people are proceeding to screw up their lives in similar if not identical ways.
He also tries to get everyone their powers, just in a way that makes sense with his story, hence why Raiden has shown up as a Shaolin who just has lightning powers as part of his monk deal.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
It strikes me as a bit weird that we haven't seen or heard anything about Sonya, Kano, or Jax yet besides their Kameos. Makes me wonder if they somehow diverged in some wildly crazy way that they're saving for a reveal big reveal later on.

They probably won't go this far, but i think it would be hilarious if we somehow got good guy Kano, hero of the Special Forces trying to track down the evil Sonya Blade, leader of the Black Dragon along with her second in command Jax. Just Liu Kang trying to figure how he dropped the ball so badly on this one.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

hero kano but he has the exact same personality would be great

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Rhonne posted:

It strikes me as a bit weird that we haven't seen or heard anything about Sonya, Kano, or Jax yet besides their Kameos. Makes me wonder if they somehow diverged in some wildly crazy way that they're saving for a reveal big reveal later on.

One of the leaks said that we won't hear from the Special Forces side of the story at all in MK1; it'll be all White Lotus/Outworld drama.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yeah the trailer today definitely gave me the sense that MK1 is just gonna be The Lin Kuei Bit. Presumably by the time we hit reboot 4 we’ll have checked in with everyone.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

also that was like, clearly a Shao Khan soldier dude they killed, so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what he's like this time around.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Babe Magnet posted:

also that was like, clearly a Shao Khan soldier dude they killed, so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what he's like this time around.

We've cyberized everyone BUT the ninjas!

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Shao Kahn and Sindel being loving parents would be pretty great imo.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

Cyber Mokap

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Regrettable posted:

That… actually sounds like something Liu Kang would try.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Regrettable posted:

Shao Kahn is basically already the best father in the franchise. He loves Mileena unconditionally.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

C. Everett Koop posted:

We’ve already had cyborg Smoke and cyborg Subbie, we’ve gotta be getting cyborg Scorpion this time right?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Turning Johnny Cage into taunt-canceling hype beast character is honestly a stroke of genius.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So I know that they have already announced a Jean Claude Van drat premium skin DLC for Johnny Cage, but what other surprise figures will we get in this game?

I'm betting that we are going to get John Wick as the crossover DLC character ala Jason or Robocop.
A revamped Freddy Krueger would be cool.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Technowolf posted:

Did Liu Kang ever meet Rain? He's remaking everything and just vaguely remembers a water guy, and he says "I bet that dude was a goofy wizard or something"

This is also why Scorpion and Sub Zero are brothers. He just thought they were

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Did Liu Kang ever meet Rain? He's remaking everything and just vaguely remembers a water guy, and he says "I bet that dude was a goofy wizard or something"

This is also why Scorpion and Sub Zero are brothers. He just thought they were

Sonia: my name is spelled with a Y!

Fire God Liu Kang: not anymore, peace

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

The Question IRL posted:

So I know that they have already announced a Jean Claude Van drat premium skin DLC for Johnny Cage, but what other surprise figures will we get in this game?

I'm betting that we are going to get John Wick as the crossover DLC character ala Jason or Robocop.
A revamped Freddy Krueger would be cool.

Several of them have already leaked: Peacemaker, Homelander, Omni Man

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Dang, that sounds pretty cool.

Also I bet they were all intended for use in Injustice 3 before getting moved to MK.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

davidspackage posted:

Sonia: my name is spelled with a Y!

Fire God Liu Kang: not anymore, peace

And Baraka was simply forgotten entirely somehow

Orv
May 4, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

Cyber Mokap

Cyber-Meat :unsmigghh:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Ither posted:

Cetrion should return because her voice actress is incredible.

But make her more than just a mama's girl.

Some of Cetrion's alt skins were incredible, she was cool af in that regard.

Honestly, I liked most of the non classic XI gang, her, Skarlet, Cassie, Jacqui, Kotal, D'Vorah were cool. It was really only Kollector that I could not begin to give a poo poo about I think.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
MK9 had “Cyber Reptile” but it was just a gimmick in one of the Tower stages:

https://youtu.be/HoblcYEEqwM

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Evil Canadian posted:

Shao Kahn is basically already the best father in the franchise. He loves Mileena unconditionally.

Then we need to add Mileena and Kitana's adopted sister Skarlet, don't we?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The Question IRL posted:

Will only need to record a single Yeah. for the intros.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The shocking twist will be that Sonya and Kano are married and Kano is just this really nice stand up guy who BBQs on the weekend.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

do you want me to make a new thread for mk1 or should we let it slide with this one for a little while longer

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Either new thread or this becomes the eternal place to kommune for these games

Time to start suggesting dumb names for the new thread y'all get to it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

MK1: They Named The 12th Game "MK One"

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Mortal Kombat 1: optimal nut punch cancel