Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Ei vittu, kolmasko paskalanka tähän nyt tuli?

DarkCrawler posted:

Oh what the gently caress
https://www.hs.fi/kaupunki/helsinki/art-2000005960760.html

this goddamn place never stops being under construction and now they are taking my 30 second walk to spåra away too :negative:

On kyl menny liian pitkälle kun ei enää edes kurviin pääse kätevästi krapulapitsalle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
If somebody starts whining about the commies in goddamn 2019 you can bet your rear end on them being some kind of rightwing psycho.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Kaikki tietää että britit voittavat murhaolympialaiset helposti mutta en kuule mitään jankutusta siitä että YLE näyttää jotain Churchill-hagiografiaa.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

PineappleGod posted:

Ei jeesus. On the other hand if all the alt-right idiots move to their own little echo chamber, then the rest of us can be left alone and the police can easily keep tabs on them.

I'm still trying to figure out, if there is anything that will hurt Kok for the coming elections. I thought that the whole vanhusvaalit would be bad for Kok, but they seem to still be teflon.
Any ideas?

Kok's core supporters are literal fanatics, so I doubt they'll drop under 15%.

bloom posted:

kepu: i'm gonna betray you
berner: i already betrayed you
kepu: NANI!?!

Top 10 anime betrayals.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Triple A posted:

joissain paikoissa vaalikoneet ovat auenneet, postatkaa tuloksianne

sain tälläiset keskisuomalaisen koneesta

Ei jumalauta, vaikka elämme nykyaikaa niin pitää kyl sanoa että tämänlainen avoin pervoilu on aika häpeällistä.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
lol, ripperoni in pepperoni sipis

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The real question here is if Kyuu-sama is running :syoon:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Katt posted:

Okay truth be told me did say that sometimes they would have Russians visit them at their house in Karelia and there would be a lot of drinking.

But that it was a local business/diplomatic thing.

Edit: No I'm not kidding. Russians would visit and it would be "government work related"

The government did, no joke, have dudes assigned to go drinking with the Soviets when needed, but it usually wasn't done in some random home in Karelia.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Golden Gate Bride posted:

I have no idea what this means

I think he was trying to "trigger the suvakkis" or something.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

SnowblindFatal posted:

If we ever get a fascist regime in this country, I'm blaming you guys for it.

Why the gently caress would you ever trust goons with anything even remotely important, you dingus?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Nenonen posted:

Siitä suuttui SnowblindFatal,
jopa suuttui ja häpesi.
Itse läksi astumahan
rannalle merelliselle.
Tuossa loihe laulamahan,
lauloi kerran viimeisensä:
lauloi vaskisen venehen,
kuparisen umpipurren.

Itse istuvi perähän,
läksi selvälle selälle.
Virkki vielä mennessänsä,
lausui lähtiellessänsä:
"Jos viel kerran tähän maahan,
kurjaan kylmään Pohjolahan,
joku päivä, joku yö,
vuosiin päästä, huomenna,
nousoopi valtaan fasistit,
natsiliput liehuilevat,
niin siit mie teitä syytän,
osoittelen sormellani."

:perfect:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Nenonen posted:

usually anyone who claims to be "saying things as they are" can't handle it themselves

When any far-right shitter talks about freedom of speech then they actually mean that they should be free to say anything they want and nobody should be allowed to think less of them for it.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Catpain Slack posted:

The gently caress is that guy doing campaigning outside his district?

Guess he's the only one of his merry little gang that has any kind of name recognition. Also he's an idiot.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Vituiks menee kuitenkin.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yea, SDP+Kepu+Vihr+Vas(+RKP) is probably the best we can hope for at this point.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
If nothing else then seeing Sipilä scurry away in disgrace warms my heart.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Nice that Rinne managed to not completely gently caress up.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

doverhog posted:

I do not care if it can be proven you participated in crimes. If you were a member of ISIS the door has closed. There are millions of refugees who can take your place who didn't join a rape murder cult.

Minne sitten sun mielestä ne lessut pitäis karkottaa?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Miks vitus jotkut pikkupersut on tässä langassa mölisemässä siitä miten se vassari joka asuu heidän päässään aiheutta heille pahennusta kun tänäään pitäis kunnioittaa Ristusta vetämällä pää täyteen?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Teologisesti katsottuna tänään on Ristuksen rapulapäivä, ja vasta sitten huomenna se jaksaa ryömiä lafkastaan hakemaan kebua ja sipsejä.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

bloom posted:

If we don't give Wahlroos more money Finland is gonna de-industrialize and we all have to go back to keittelemään pontikkaa in the forests. That's how things work ok.

Well right now we're deindustrializing and we don't even get to keittää pontikkaa in the forests, so that would unironically be an improvement.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

pigdog posted:

Sure, why not.

It's about a pragmatic decision of not wanting to live in an inherently unstable, insecure, distrustful, hateful, FYGM society full of ethnic and religious strife, under government that's increasingly authoritarian to keep control, that mass immigration of markedly different people brings about.

The "pragmatic" part kinda fails because all that doesn't necessarily follow from "mass immigration".

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Nurge posted:

Can you explain to me again how it is that immigration didn't cause the rise of anti-immigration parties, when that is literally their only platform? PS seriously have nothing else coherent going. If pushed one of them blurts out something about stopping giving money to Greece or some garbage, but that's not an economic policy. Or linking up with their buddies in EU or some garbage. No one is voting for anyone based on that.

As I recall I explained this to you already, and it's because anti-immigration parties also find success in places where there's extremely little immigration, and hence, by the most basic of logic the actual level of immigration cannot be the actual cause for the rise of anti-immigration parties.

pigdog posted:

Immigration at mass scale creates parallel societies (in practice disintegration of the country into segregated ethnic areas), a criminal underclass of foreign looking people (because somebody has to be the underclass, and foreign minorities are at a natural disadvantage), and at an even larger scale, ethnically/religiously motivated political factions, which compete for the interests of "their" people in FYGM fashion rather than common good. Uncontrolled (*really* uncontrolled, with what 50-80% arriving without papers) humanitarian immigration from warzones and their "keppostelu" doesn't help with building a high trust society either.

It's difficult to see in the Nordics because these countries are simply so filthy rich, generous and happy that it's genuinely easy to ignore the issues that exist, and the FYGM motivator thus far supports keeping the gravy train alive... but come another economic crisis and some semblance of actual dearth of resources, things might start to look a bit different.

Prove all this, tia.

Hogge Wild posted:

taas kerran todistit että fasistien ja antifanttien ainoa ero on lippujen symbolit

Kato nyt vittu tätä nössöä joka vetää herneet nenään vain siksi että on olemassa muita jotka ovat rittävän rohkeita taistelemaan aattensa puolesta.

Hogge Wild posted:

mielestäsi olisi siis hyvä että suomalainen politiikka sisältäisi enemmän väkivaltaa?

Kyl. Kiljotiinit esiin ja sassiin.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Miks kaikki nää pikkupersut ovan niin raukkamaisia että eivät edes uskalla puolustaa omaa aatteitaan avoimesti? Sen sijastaa saadan jotain trollausyrityksiä käyttäen jotain leikkikouluasteen moralismia.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Did Hogge seriously get banned because he finally made a good and correct post?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
No you see it's literally all of the field of anthropology that's wrong, whereas I'm right because I say so and if you disagree you're just blinded by ideology.

Fun fact, if you change anthropology to another science you can construct about 90% of right-winger arguments this way.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I guess it looks like the best one could realistically expect, so still pretty poo poo but not a complete horrorshow.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

full piraattipuolue government or bust

miks vitus?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

doverhog posted:

I'm sure it was talked about but right off the bat there were headlines about it.

That doesn't mean anything though. It's just as likely that the media thinks that there's no actual big disagreement so they've decided to manufacture one. Gotta sell them irtonumerot somehow.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

https://twitter.com/VilleNiinisto/status/1140624751796326400

Looks like there's a brewing conflict in the Green party between console peasants and members of the PC master race.

Olis edes sanonnut Alpha Centauri, mutta sortui nostalgiahipsterismiin.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Kuka hemmetti tarvitsee jotain D&D-pohjaista datskipeliä kun on jo nää forumit missä voi larpata pilkunnussijaa ihan mielin määrin?

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

https://twitter.com/PaiviRasanen/status/1140693636176384011
Rarely if ever do you find politicians nowadays referring directly to the biblical texts, especially when denouncing the "homosexual lifestyle." Kinda refreshing, but also a blatant PR move to woo the "too Christian to vote for atheist Halla-aho" crowd.

It's been a theme lately, the rise of the angry christian right. The church is trying it's hardest to appeal to John Does by pushing it's "religion of love" angle of Christianity. This has alienated the religious folk who are more of the conservative "koti, uskonto ja isänmää" types, some of who have attacked priests for taking sides of Muslim immigrants in the Christian tradition of protecting the weak and the vulnerable. They're apparently more of the old testament types. This potential trend has spurred Christian Democrats to profile themselves as the Jesus jytky party, aiming to ride the populist wave on the feeling Christians are the most oppressed religion in the world. Everybody likes to paint themselves as martyrs, but without the dying bit.

Meil on kyl aika nössö kirkko kun ne ei edes voi ekskommunisoida tän kaltaisia tyyppejä.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Hey, it takes one to know one.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Catpain Slack posted:

I dunno what you're quoting but it drat sure isn't the article you posted is what I'm saying.

Well do you know who else liked dogs?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Ah, but have you considered that they are brown people with muslim terrorist superpowers?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Darkest Auer posted:

Won't someone think of the people committing genocide

Yea, all those kids clearly were running their own little Auschwitz there.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
How about we behave like a civilized nation and clean up our own poo poo?

Seriously, even if we assume that literally every single man, woman and child with Finnish citizenship down in the Middle East is some incorrigible ISIS fanatic, then all that you lot are saying is that we should dump our problem on somebody else, and that is extremely hosed on every level.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
As the old adage goes, the main purpose of public polling isn't to measure the public opinion, but to influence it.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Any time somebody talks about some kind of overarching "western values" or "western civilization" it will almost inevitably turn out that they're actually pushing either nazi poo poo or neoliberal poo poo except they pretend that said poo poo has to be accepted by default because they know that they can't actually defend it on their merits, hth.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Modet muuttakaa mun nimi Homoseksualistien Tukikohdaksi kiitti etukäteen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Nurge posted:

Who the gently caress are they competing with? Kilpailukyky compared to loving WHO? Maybe if there was some actual competition we wouldn't be in this fuckfest, but as it is they need to stop trying to make it profitable, and just make it actually loving work.

Gotta have the proles competing against each other so that Suomen Herrat can steal all the money that much easier.