Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice

m.hache posted:

LLJK made. If you dont have SA in your name post in here when you apply and I'll accept.

I'll have to figure out how to guild.

Joined as df00z

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimes
Nov 12, 2005

What's with the wacky EXP tables? Why are monsters with 2000+ health worth the same EXP (or less) as other monsters with 500 health?

Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

Applied as Jainaly

Funkatron5000
Apr 23, 2014
in this as, Funkatron5000

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
I highly recommend forcing your pets into hard labor as soon as possible. The store gives you random goodies and one of the most common is exp potions. I've started getting large base potions which give 500,000exp per bottle. I'm gonna blow some Zeny on new pets asap.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Crusher posted:

I highly recommend forcing your pets into hard labor as soon as possible. The store gives you random goodies and one of the most common is exp potions. I've started getting large base potions which give 500,000exp per bottle. I'm gonna blow some Zeny on new pets asap.

It really is crazy. I got 7 L potions earlier and went from 67 to 68. It's almost like cheating.

Also out your lunatic pet in the shop. They get a buff that increases their efficiency. Every pet has a preferred shop. You can see it in its skills

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Catsworth posted:

Also I've seen a couple people as the 2-2 jobs, Crusader/Monk/etc. How do you unlock those?

All of the alternate jobs are available for advancement from your first job, except for Bard/Dancer and Sage. You just have to choose them as your advancement option when you go back to your job master. Third/transcendant jobs (Monk to Champion, example) are in, too.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Schubalts posted:

All of the alternate jobs are available for advancement from your first job, except for Bard/Dancer and Sage. You just have to choose them as your advancement option when you go back to your job master. Third/transcendant jobs (Monk to Champion, example) are in, too.

Excellent, thank you! The character creation screen is a little misleading haha.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Giving this a go. Are alchemists as stupidly overpowered in this game as they were on iRO?

It was fun on a private server to be the first to kill the Valkyrie.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Catsworth posted:

Excellent, thank you! The character creation screen is a little misleading haha.

I don't know why they did that. The class you pick at creation is completely meaningless, except to confuse people. Everyone still starts off as a Novice.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Schubalts posted:

The biggest whale in that server threw down $60k to get the first all-class mount on the server, and cards were getting auctioned for thousands of dollars.

i would like thousands of dollars for my mobile game loot plez

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
I created a guild with a few real life friends but ran into tacosupreme who told me about this thread. What's the policy with inviting a couple non-goons to LLJK? I might scrap this guild if we can all join.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Kyoujin posted:

I created a guild with a few real life friends but ran into tacosupreme who told me about this thread. What's the policy with inviting a couple non-goons to LLJK? I might scrap this guild if we can all join.

All are welcome. I need to kick a few inactives potentially but just let me know.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

I'm doing my own thing in a guild with irl friends/family, but if you want me to add details to the goon guild in the OP lemme know!

These guild quests are really annoying. I will have to get a group of guildmates online to do silly things sometime. What are the rewards anyway, guild exp?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Crusher posted:

I'm doing my own thing in a guild with irl friends/family, but if you want me to add details to the goon guild in the OP lemme know!

These guild quests are really annoying. I will have to get a group of guildmates online to do silly things sometime. What are the rewards anyway, guild exp?

A small amount of xp and guild contribution (meager amounts).

You get more bang for your buck by contributing I've found. No idea if anything else unlocks the higher the guild rank.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
So far I've just been grinding levels and contributing to guild items thing when I can and trying to collect gold medals or something (some goon told me to due this for runes I think). Is there anything I should be trying to do daily with guild things?

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

As far as I can tell, your daily responsibility for guilds is just donating to get contribution points and gold medals. Both of those will earn you permanent stat buffs through the rune grid (looks just like Path of Exile), or through the blessings which are a more simplified permanent buff. As stated before, you can also do those silly daily quests for pictures or using the for-fun toys on your guildmates for contribution points.

I'm ready to become Adventurer Class E but raccoon leaves are going to be a pain in the rear end. Apparently the best option is to hope to get lucky w/ Prontera or Izlude chests you get from sending your pets out on adventures. If you meet the recommended pet requirements for the zone you send them to, you get those chests (for each recommended requirement met).

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Crusher posted:

As far as I can tell, your daily responsibility for guilds is just donating to get contribution points and gold medals. Both of those will earn you permanent stat buffs through the rune grid (looks just like Path of Exile), or through the blessings which are a more simplified permanent buff. As stated before, you can also do those silly daily quests for pictures or using the for-fun toys on your guildmates for contribution points.

I'm ready to become Adventurer Class E but raccoon leaves are going to be a pain in the rear end. Apparently the best option is to hope to get lucky w/ Prontera or Izlude chests you get from sending your pets out on adventures. If you meet the recommended pet requirements for the zone you send them to, you get those chests (for each recommended requirement met).

You can also run into them in ET and I think the Valhalla halls (which the guild just unlocked.).

The fact that you need 2 and they aren't a guaranteed drop is stupid. I'm just going to buy them at 750k a piece when my my Wiz hits High Wiz and can start farming eggys

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
Good info. I've been debating just buying the two leafs for my adventure rank but can't decide if I care enough at this point to do that. I feel there are way more important things for me to waste money on. Speaking of is there any decent knight build and gear guides?

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

m.hache posted:

You can also run into them in ET and I think the Valhalla halls (which the guild just unlocked.).

The fact that you need 2 and they aren't a guaranteed drop is stupid. I'm just going to buy them at 750k a piece when my my Wiz hits High Wiz and can start farming eggys

That's the same route I'm taking! What level are you? I'm sitting at a gentleman's level 69, getting so close to high wiz I can taste it. I'm debating on wasting another few days of my life making my second character slot and pushing it to level 40 so I can dedicate the combat timer to pet quests and just pull whatever good loot to my main. Honestly I think I want to make an alchemist next. They seem like a great solo class.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Crusher posted:

That's the same route I'm taking! What level are you? I'm sitting at a gentleman's level 69, getting so close to high wiz I can taste it. I'm debating on wasting another few days of my life making my second character slot and pushing it to level 40 so I can dedicate the combat timer to pet quests and just pull whatever good loot to my main. Honestly I think I want to make an alchemist next. They seem like a great solo class.

74/36. Such a weird disparity.

I also have a 59/26 priest on an alt account and started a Soldier on my main Wiz account. I'm more or less doing my 100 assistant points and my 300 stam on my wiz and then leveling my knight now.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just an fyi, there is still an active goon base for this. We just use discord more than anything.

Funkatron5000
Apr 23, 2014
This game is also really great if you enjoyed botting the life out of the original, and you like hats :toot:

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

Added the discord to the OP. Also if you're planning to start and don't know a class to make, there seems to always be a demand for tanks so swordsman/knight/crusader is a nice option!

Kolh
May 8, 2016
Applied as kolh

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I think I missed something after reading through the thread here, which server is LLJK on? NA1? I’ve been playing since launch and have a 68 knight and 60 priest on two separate accounts and except for the combat timer and various incentives to whale out like lowered drop rates I’ve been enjoying myself. If anyone wants to group for anything my knight is Mordau and priest is Healsplxxxz, currently on NA17. It’d be cool to play RO with goons again since I had some great times with goons loving up private servers years ago.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

rio posted:

I think I missed something after reading through the thread here, which server is LLJK on? NA1? I’ve been playing since launch and have a 68 knight and 60 priest on two separate accounts and except for the combat timer and various incentives to whale out like lowered drop rates I’ve been enjoying myself. If anyone wants to group for anything my knight is Mordau and priest is Healsplxxxz, currently on NA17. It’d be cool to play RO with goons again since I had some great times with goons loving up private servers years ago.

You can join lljk from any server. We tend to hang on NA10.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

m.hache posted:

You can join lljk from any server. We tend to hang on NA10.

Ah ok, I didn’t realize you could join a guild from any server. Does the guild need knights or priests more? I’m in a pubbie guild that is pretty chill but I’d still like to join you guys so it’d probably make sense to drop one or the other from the current guild to join LLJK.

Moo Moo Canoe
Mar 11, 2007

Drunk postin' ftw
I just saw you guys. I didn't even realize there was a goon thing. Now to figure out how to rob this guild I'm in before I leave.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Moo Moo Canoe posted:

I just saw you guys. I didn't even realize there was a goon thing. Now to figure out how to rob this guild I'm in before I leave.

I don't think there is anything you can even take unless you have Vice status+.

Guild doesn't really matter since like 90% of our communication happens through Discord

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
oh wow, i didn't expect anyone but me to be playing this. I'm currently in a ramshackle guild with some decent peeps on NA7.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Didn't realize Multi-classing was in since when you click on it it'd just say "Coming soon!" or something, but turns out you unlock it when you hit your... 3rd job? 2nd 2nd? Transcendent? Even further beyond? Whatever it's called, this also unlocks your 3rd character slot.

Anyway in case anyone is curious, the way it works is you can unlock the other brand 2nd job for 500k zeny, or any other one for 88 big cat coins (Roughly $15 not counting any first time bonuses, etc.). You keep your base level, get a stat reset (I assume it saves your old stats when you change back but I haven't tried yet), and start at job level 1 for the first job of that class. For example, on my character I went Merchant > Alchemist > Creator, then unlocked Assassin and started as a Thief but was still level 75 or so. You can change back to the other job (And again, I assume any one you have unlocked on that character) for 10k zeny, so not a big deal. Sorry for all the assumptions but haven't really branched out with it yet. Final one, I really hope that if you unlock the other branch one for zeny that you don't have to do the 1st job levels over again, so I figure I'd just go right to Blacksmith.

Oh last thing, upgrading your equipment slots and how you can inherit the upgrades on gear really is specifically for that gear, so you won't be able to carry them over that I can tell to a piece of gear the new class can't use, so be prepared for that.

Catsworth fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Feb 11, 2019

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Is this better than L2R? Are there dailies/weeklies that give limited resources?

HelloNewman
Aug 8, 2007

When you control the mail, you control information!

Applied as SrHeisenberg

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

gwrtheyrn posted:

Is this better than L2R? Are there dailies/weeklies that give limited resources?

Never played L2R but:

There are daily missions that are easily completed manually or even easier completed with instant complete items that are quite plentiful. These things give exp and non-limited items. There's also the daily task of getting 100 intimacy points w/ your "assistant", which is something you almost always do automatically from doing the poo poo you do already when playing. This gives limited gacha tickets once per day and is the only way to get the pay items for free.

There are weekly missions (Endless Tower and Valhalla Ruins) that involve you getting guaranteed MVP boss loot provided you can survive and kill them. The former gives you all the same things you can get from killing an MVP, plus a chance at pet taming items, so not technically limited just a good resource for high quality loot/materials. The ladder is more or less the same but tied to having a capable guild with the addition of limited nibelungen shards that are used for some guild junk.

In my opinion the need to drop $100's to roll good gacha poo poo is very unnecessary as it's not something you super need for PVM and PVP has yet to be really fleshed out yet on global. I will say that if you want a shot at getting kills on mini bosses regularly then you'll need to drop $8 /mo on Premium (or spend 2,000,000~ zeny on a premium ticket in the exchange) as this enables you to see the spawn timer on mini bosses and give you a chance to be where you need to be to find them.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
The only thing closest to P2W in this game is the card gacha, since card drops are extremely rare and expensive.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dizz posted:

The only thing closest to P2W in this game is the card gacha, since card drops are extremely rare and expensive.

Even then you can buy them with in game currency as long as they are on the exchange.

If I were to put cash into the game what would be my best investment.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Valkyrie's Guidance Chests in the shop. They give guild contributions and gold medals. Probably the best bang for your buck.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

How much contribution and gold medals do those chests give? Gold medals specifically are a real bitch to get and if I want a powerful rune page it takes about 90-150 of them.... At my pace that would take a couple months if I'm lucky.

Edit: Seems to be 125 contribution and 1 gold medal per chest. 6 BCC per chest...
An honest individual's purchase of 120 BCC for $20 means 20 chests, which means 2500 contrib. and 20 gold medals. Worth it maybe for the medals alone, since that's a pretty measly amount of contribution. I might only do that if I was 20 medals away from maxing out a portion of my rune page.

I still say getting premium is probably the best investment to make long term. The extra pet labor slot, extra exp, and mini boss timers are all worth it alone.

The Crusher fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Feb 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

If you leave a guild, does that reset contribution?