Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Jimlit posted:

If you leave a guild, does that reset contribution?

No, it carries over to the next guild. At least it did for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
yeah it carries all that over, even unspent contribution. Your blessings and Aesir will remain the same. Just know that you can't join a new guild for 8 hrs after leaving. Once you join, you cannot accept guild quests or donate for 24hrs after joining.

I'm veeeeryyyy close to finishing the adventure class D quest, and after that I have nearly all the items/requirements to complete adventure class C. I'm really REALLY wanting that book of ymir, unlimited respecs are the only way I can see making Paladins work for both grinding and tanking.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
I'm close to rank D but the last step is to kill Osiris. I'm not sure how to do that unless I can just get a hit in before someone else kills him?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Kyoujin posted:

I'm close to rank D but the last step is to kill Osiris. I'm not sure how to do that unless I can just get a hit in before someone else kills him?

You can get the kill in ET I think.

Funkatron5000
Apr 23, 2014
as long as you get a hit on the MVP and your around for its death you will get credit for the quest.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

m.hache posted:

You can get the kill in ET I think.

Funkatron5000 posted:

as long as you get a hit on the MVP and your around for its death you will get credit for the quest.

both are true

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Cool. My ET group stalled on Osiris at floor 50 so I'll give that a shot this week and then try to ninja a hit in pyramid if that fails.

Thanks!

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

Yeah it was exceedingly easy for me to assist in an Osiris kill in Pyramids B2. Goro and Wasabi cats will help ensure you don't get swamped. Also, ET MVPs are different on every channel. If you don't have an Osiris on your channel, check around on websites for a list of MVPs per channel.

What's everyone's favorite pet labor locations? I think that the Store and the Cooking spots are 100% musts for the stuff they provide, but after that it seems to be a little hazy. I have the Kafra spot and kafra tickets and random mats are nice but I've yet to get any big cat tickets. With a 4th spot open @ rank D I'm sending a pet to the pet association, but if it's really JUST shells and pet exp pots then I might swap over to get eden coins instead...

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

rio posted:

No, it carries over to the next guild. At least it did for me.

Awesome thanks! Will probably ask for an invite to LLJK once the 2x contribution stuff is over.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Applied as Crunp

Berryblood
Sep 12, 2009

Applied as Berryblood.

Didn't realize how bad I wanted this on my phone until I snagged it last night. My poor battery life.

Plural
Dec 25, 2008

"Car accident? That was no car accident. 24 died in a car intentional."
Applying tomorrow morning as Shabutie - gotta wait for my guild leaver debuff to wear off.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
This new auction house thing is hilariously stupid.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Just had a fun bug leaving geffen tower. The lucky shop NPC ran to me and took the place of my cat I was holding hands with.

I could even open up her options like normal!

Ended up using a butterfly wing to see if it would clear it, and alas, our journey together was short but sweet

Prim
Sep 15, 2004
Saucy.
Applied as Phoca, this game is taking me back to the early 2000s!

Helluva
Feb 7, 2011

Applied as Nadiraux, got to say the game is pretty smooth with automatic travel and hunting mechanisms.

Plural
Dec 25, 2008

"Car accident? That was no car accident. 24 died in a car intentional."
Got another applying as MachoPlant.

Twyst
Mar 5, 2005
:O
Applied as DennisSystem.

Someone brought a golden thief bug card for 20k of those golden coins in the auction. wow.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

It would be great if they fixed the bug where the game freezes on the login screen and can't be fixed without uninstalling/reinstalling the entire app

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

WebDO posted:

It would be great if they fixed the bug where the game freezes on the login screen and can't be fixed without uninstalling/reinstalling the entire app

you can go into the app settings and clear the cache and storage, that fixes it too. you will still have to extract the packages on startup but wont have to re-download from the store.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

New patch hit today! As with all maintenance days you'll get a free set of 2 Adventure Coins, 2 Hot Meals, and 2 Lightning chains.

The new patch adds:

1. New daily login rewards
Upon your first login each day a giant rear end black cat will scare the gently caress out of you from the side of your screen and display a reward map for each daily log in. These rewards are per account but you can choose to accept it later with a different character if you choose. Some of the rewards range from headwear, weapons and equipment, half a month of premium membership, new pet eggs, and gold medals.

2. Max base level increase to 105
I only just hit 90 so whatever don't care.

3. New major city, Amatsu
The beautiful town covered in sakura petals can now be accessed through the captain at Izlude's port. With it comes new quests and headgear recipes. Also accessible in that town is a quest that enables the next new feature...

4. Marriage System
Once you and your lucky potential spouse have completed the necessary quest(s) in Amatsu, you can approach a new NPC in front of the church in Prontera and set a date to start a marriage ceremony. It costs 2,000,000z but I don't know if that's for both of you or not. Also heard you have to be level 95 but I've not confirmed that either. Married couples get to enjoy unique skills that allow you to teleport your spouse to you, or teleport you to a specialized honeymoon room, as well as receive +1% base/job exp when partied together.

And lastly
5. New weekly event - Oracle Dungeon
Similar to Endless Tower and Valhalla Ruins, Oracle Dungeon is a weekly challenge that you and your party can access upon reaching level 60. Talk to the "Fantasy Circus" NPC in Prontera square to challenge Sigmund's 60 cards; awave based battle system that spawns enemies, traps, buffs, and debuffs based on the cards in that week's challenge. This challenge is very dynamic with traps that affect an AoE space and enemies that require strategy, so it cannot be AFK-auto'd the same way that VR and ET can be. Rewards are zeny, oracle dust and oracle crystal which can be used to enchant headgear/back items. There is also a small chance to get a rare "poker album" item that will award a random card (but won't count for unlocks, similar to old card albums).

There's also new outfits available at the feast gacha in Prontera square that make you look like a cute lil' pop star captain.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

in as sguns

Helluva
Feb 7, 2011

As an AGI Knight, which hat should I get from Tylin's kindness? I'm between Sparrow feather and Snow Poring?

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

Disparition posted:

As an AGI Knight, which hat should I get from Tylin's kindness? I'm between Sparrow feather and Snow Poring?

IMO get whatever has a deposit bonus that benefits your class. In other words, I got the sparrow feather hat for the +3 m.atk to benefit my wiz.

One of the best things you could slap on your knight's head is pretty easy to get from the start anyway: The cat ear beret from the smile shop in Prontera. +5% atk is hard to beat!

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc
Applied as BadJusty

Christopher
May 29, 2006

Catsworth posted:

Just had a fun bug leaving geffen tower. The lucky shop NPC ran to me and took the place of my cat I was holding hands with.

I could even open up her options like normal!

Ended up using a butterfly wing to see if it would clear it, and alas, our journey together was short but sweet

More people need to appreciate how wonderful this is. :love:

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

Christopher posted:

More people need to appreciate how wonderful this is. :love:

Lol it's a great bug. I actually had the same exact one where my wife's character was holding hands with the food merchant.

Guess my meal wasn't hot enough...

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I've more or less stopped playing and have muted the Discord channel.

If you need anything from the guild or want me to pass lead to someone just PM me on discord.

Sincerely, ArteaSA

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I steal my girlfriends phone when she's not playing Royal Chaos and this is the only mobile game I can really get in to outside of the guys who make the Tiny Tower games. How's priest? I usually play healers but I'm not sure how important that is in this game

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

Blast of Confetti posted:

I steal my girlfriends phone when she's not playing Royal Chaos and this is the only mobile game I can really get in to outside of the guys who make the Tiny Tower games. How's priest? I usually play healers but I'm not sure how important that is in this game

Not only are Priests/High Priests critical to groups, they have a really easy time farming undead enemies with skill "Turn Undead" (Has a chance based on luck/enemy's max HP to instantly kill them). Full Support priests are usually necessary for just about anything requiring a group as resurrection and other buffs greatly extend capabilities.

I'll be honest though, this game is a serious grind. If I didn't have an ipad that I basically dedicated to it I probably wouldn't be as into it. Thankfully it's basically 70% an AFK grind, but not everyone wants to leave their phone sitting on for 3hrs a day just to farm exp/loot. That being said, that sorta dedication only really applies to level 90+. You can get to 80+ with casual play fairly easily and fulfill basic priest functions no problem.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

Any goons still play this game regularly? I still play lots and have a nice active guild if anyone is interested! And even if you play casually I'd love to mentor you (in game and literally!)

Gandor
Apr 22, 2008
I started a couple weeks ago and am currently farming zeny with my high wizard by one-shotting eggyras by day, and killing myself to prevent overleveling past 71 by night using a suicide-buddy alt. It's tedious but I want lots of zeny before I actually get to the late-game part. My goal is to sorta leap-frog to the next zeny-farming zone which requires meteor storm which unfortunately requires several weeks/months of grinding silver medals, which FURTHER unfortunately requires a bit of effort at least in the form of a sorta active guild, because lord help me I couldn't solo in valhalla!

So if that is something that folks can help me with then I'd gladly jump ship from my current guild which seems to be super inactive.

I do have premium if that matters at all, I don't mind spending some dough to help reduce the grind.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

Gandor posted:

I started a couple weeks ago and am currently farming zeny with my high wizard by one-shotting eggyras by day, and killing myself to prevent overleveling past 71 by night using a suicide-buddy alt. It's tedious but I want lots of zeny before I actually get to the late-game part. My goal is to sorta leap-frog to the next zeny-farming zone which requires meteor storm which unfortunately requires several weeks/months of grinding silver medals, which FURTHER unfortunately requires a bit of effort at least in the form of a sorta active guild, because lord help me I couldn't solo in valhalla!

So if that is something that folks can help me with then I'd gladly jump ship from my current guild which seems to be super inactive.

I do have premium if that matters at all, I don't mind spending some dough to help reduce the grind.

Hey Gandor! As a fellow Mage-Class player since launch I can offer a little bit of advice on what you've shared with me.

First off, if your high wiz is your main, don't stall your levels just to stay in Eggyra loot range. You can stand to be 20 levels above a monster before loot/exp becomes abysmal. Secondly, eggyra doesn't really offer you loot worthy of that much trouble, but it does offer you a quick and easy way to level up. Keep fighting them until probably 85+. Zeny is almost an endless sinkhole and stalling yourself at eggyra won't really put a dent into it. I'm level 105 and have 150 million+ zeny worth of gear and I don't feel like ive scraped the end game much yet (I have roughly 4000 matk unbuffed and our guild's strongest warlock has about 9000).

With regards to meteor storm, I assume you meant gold medals over silver medals. A little about those:

Silver medals: Once you've amassed the required nibelungen shards from valkyrie ruins to upgrade your Aesir Monument to T2, don't ever use your silver medals on VR runs again. VR runs are great, but you will eventually need a ton of silver medals to buy Peak Shards from the "Amazing Vending Machine" (if your guild has unlocked it). Peak shards are needed to reach job breakthrough, allowing you to push from job 40 to job 70. Not only does this allow you to over-level certain skills, it's a requirement to reach your 3rd and final job class. 20 medals gives 1 shard. 9 shards give you 3 levels. 30 levels means 90 shards. You can also only buy one shard PER DAY. If you can start buying them immediately. You can also buy them with nibel shards and gold medals, but both of those are worse in the long run.

Gold medals: Needed for major aesir monument upgrades, specifically meteor storm. Money may not be easy to come by so donations to your guild might be difficult to start, but its best to always donate at least 1 gold medal item per day (unless it's a crazy expensive item like key of clocktower). Endless Tower runs will get you a good chunk of mvp materials for donations, it's nice if you can get carried through it weekly. Each character on your account can run ET once per week and it's very good that they do so. Anyway, for meteor storm I think you'll need about 135~ gold medals and 120k or some-such contribution in order to max it out. HOWEVER meteor storm is hot garbage until you get the proper set of cast- time reducing equipment. Still, gold medals are never ever ever a bad thing to have. If you don't mind spending a little, the best return for your money is to buy "Valkyries Blessing" boxes in the BCC store. They give 1 gold medal and 250 contribution for 6 BCC. You can buy 10 per week, so 60 BCC for 10 medals a week is a great deal.

If you feel like you're interested in continuing to play this game for a good deal longer, I'm more than happy to ask for you to be accepted into our guild (name is Love(tm) with the baby TM symbol). We have tons of strong, active and helpful members and run all the weekly events , as well as lots of ET runs all week. Definitely helps if you're social/friendly cause we just bullshit at all hours of the day. We reside in server IN14 and have an active discord as well, just lemme know.

Other than that I'm happy to answer whatever other questions you might have, wizard related or otherwise.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

Also here's some pics of me and my wife because fashion in this game is :swoon:

Gandor
Apr 22, 2008

The Crusher posted:

Hey Gandor! As a fellow Mage-Class player ... <helpful advice noted and appreciated>

Other than that I'm happy to answer whatever other questions you might have, wizard related or otherwise.

Much obliged, lots of good info there! And I'm down to join both the guild and the discord server.

Regarding peak shards: I don't have a lot of time to actively play other than on weekends, so I'll gladly accept any advice on getting silver medals to gather more peak shards. I'm also not afraid to spend a little cash to speed up the process.

However it seems like the nibelungen shards are going to be harder shards to obtain since they require VH runs of which I've done zero so far, and the other ways of obtaining them are very specifically timed via events that I'm rarely available for. So I only have one of these shards so far. If I can join your guild and start doing VH runs though it sounds like it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

And I'd certainly love to move past eggyras and keep leveling, I was just wanting to collect some zeny before throwing myself in a spiral of being forever-poor. I'd love to get the necessary gear for meteor storm to be worthwhile but if there's a better option BETWEEN eggyras and meteor storm, I'm willing to adapt.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

So a few details about VR. First, it's annoying as all hell because it's a randomly generated labyrinth every week for each of the difficulty levels. The worst part about it is finding all 5 MVPs and getting out in a reasonable amount of time. I think you only need 15 shards to upgrade your aesir and that can be attainable in 2 to 3 runs easily. If and when we get you set up I'll be happy to blow you through a couple. Aside from that, VR is not important and its really only good for getting a few easy MVP kills to roll the dice on drops.

Regarding silver medals, there's a lot of ways to get them. Non premium members can get 80 medals/week and premium can get 100 medals/week. I could type up everything but this guide sums it up very well:
https://ragnamobileguide.com/how-to-get-silver-medals-in-ragnarok-m-eternal-love/
I would always do all 10 mission board quests a day, all 5 rifts a day, all 2 monster resistances a day, and whatever else you can fit after that. If you haven't already, make sure you have a pet working at the pet labor machine for the job that pays out w/ adventure meatballs. Thats plus your pet's daily gift of meatballs should be more than enough to auto-complete your 10 mission boards, making that a bit easier.

Once you're past the eggyra range, Orc Village is a decent spot to do a bit more grinding. You can try to kill them with the lowest level of firebolt you can that lets you one-shot them. However IF you are not adventure class C and don't have Ymir's Notebook to respec your class for free, that may not be an option. I would work heavily toward getting to adv. class C as soon as you can as infinite respecs are indespensible:
https://ragnamobileguide.com/adventure-skills-and-rank-quest-requirements/
If you have a decent chunk of matk (1500-2000) and can respec to level up fireball to level 10, you can go to glast heim culvert and start killing stings. If you can two-shot them with fireball it's a great place to level up until meteor. Though honestly, while MS is an amazing skill and your main DPS tool, it's probably only good for farming in a couple places. It's terribly slow with its 4 second cast delay. Your High Wiz-endgame farming spot will eventually be Clock Tower Basement 1 with Orc Ladies, using the lowest level firebolt you can to oneshot them (the lower the level, the lower the cast delay). Once you're a warlock, your best farming skill is chain lightning, which can kill 4 enemies per cast in the right spots. So don't stress about MS too much, just get there gradually!

What's your in game name?

Gandor
Apr 22, 2008
Oh that all sounds heavenly, and I'll do what I can when I have the time.
My IGN is Landreeni.

I should have a bit of time this weekend to gradually shift gears into what will help me get past this bump in the road. I started doing the missions and yes I have 3 pets working in the labor machine, one of them being the meatballs so I can just auto-finish those board quests because I just don't have that kinda time to do all that every day!

1661 matk right now, long way to go as my rune board is just randomly upgraded and I haven't gotten too many cards for blessings yet, I always feel overwhelmed when it comes to what to upgrade next and I end up just doing random things until I'm broke again!

I do still have the skill reset rod you get for free early on, so I can switch to a fireball build or any other.

Edit: I applied to the Love(tm) guild

Gandor fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jul 13, 2019

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

Glad to have you on board~

Im challenging myself to make 2 new hats daily, prioritizing ones with matk unlocks/deposits. It's starting to get REALLY expensive, like 2 mill a day. But it really starts to add up.

Helluva
Feb 7, 2011

I'm coming back pretty soon, Nadiraux ig, hit me up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

Reviving this poor dead thread just to say that episode 5.0 dropped recently, overhauling this game entirely. There's literally too much for me to even post but it feels like a new experience. Loving the pvp after this update!