Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikoLovesYou
Nov 20, 2003

I came here tonight with my...self. Oh God.
In as Moglet, NA Server Channel 1. Anyone got a guild going yet? This pubby guild is driving me nuts.

I'm actually really liking the QoL changes in the mobile version. Love the auto grind and the stamina limit. The stam limit isn't a big deal - it basically means you can autogrind effectively for ~6 hours a day (you can get an extra 60 minutes by sitting by the music box for an hour). Once that's done, you can still do all your quests and the 10x exp monster resistance quest with no penalty. So basically, my order of operations is sit by music box for an hour > grind on mobs until stam is out > do my dailies > do guild quests > carry on with the story quests.

I'm on the sniper track now, but they weren't kidding when they said sniper is expensive. I have poo poo gear and my farm is poo poo. Thinking about switching to a beastmaster build since it's less gear dependent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikoLovesYou
Nov 20, 2003

I'll hop over when the guild is lv3 for peak shards. Probably should get a few pubbies in there so people can start contributing towards guild level?

MikoLovesYou
Nov 20, 2003

Montalvo posted:

I think it might be useful for goons with more knowledge to explain how those of us that are newer can contribute to the guild. I have no idea what shards are, or what I can do to help the guild while I'm leveling up. Back when I played RO, all you did as a guild was fight in the war of emperium.

In ROM, you level up guilds by:

- Members completing their guild quests daily (this requires some coordination as all the quests I've seen require some sort of interaction with other guildies)
- Completing the guild dojo (basically a training ground available to your guild with levels of increasing difficulty)
- Guild contribution via donations (in the back of the guild hall there is a donation vendor that gives you a list of items you can donate. you can donate them if you have them, or you can auto buy them by clicking acquire, then clicking donate once you've purchased them)

The thing about the above is that you're awarded in guild contribution points and medals, both of which are necessary to level up your runes (you unlock runes by doing the valkyrie content in guild hall) and your guild blessing (perma buffs to stats). So it's in your best interest, as well as the guilds, to contribute as much as possible.

At level 2 of the guild, you unlock a weekly boss arena that you can run with guildies. At level 3, you unlock the guild vending machine, which has something called peak shards. Peak shards are required to level your final class past the 40 lvl cap.

MikoLovesYou
Nov 20, 2003

Montalvo posted:

Yeah, that website is pretty great. Unfortunately I did not realize you could reset your skills and stats when you got your second job, because I'm building a support priest and leveling up a support-focused acolyte is drudgery.

You get stat and skill resets for free throughout the game. Otherwise, they're 500k each. Here's a guide on where you get them for free: https://ragnamobileguide.com/guide-to-stats-and-skill-reset/

Also, here's a good compilation of (more advanced) guides I found on reddit today: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Uvby2O9xSSv3Eqzp3xPRDhydVAUHOfHxquQHnSjUHi0/edit#gid=0

And here's a very handy dailies / weeklies guide to follow to make sure you are ~*being efficient*~: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pqqit85CgUGNa2TtJOhayuSFuSc4rExQgzKI9nXHI-U/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0