Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Ban yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

harperdc posted:

one of these things is not like the other one

(one of these things is Top Gun with Dr. Jerry Punch inspiring the whole thing)

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

He's right though, Days of Thunder is way better than those other movies.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGk2Hr3GcS8

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
The dragonspeed car looks great in bare carbon with just the Evel Knievel stripes applied over it

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

So it looks like qualifying is at 3PM, does anyone know if you'll be able to watch on IMSA.tv in the US or will I have to find a bootleg stream

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Ugh, rally cars are sexy.

Wirth1000 posted:

There’s 3 great racing movies that already exist in the form of Grand Prix, Steve McQueens Le Mans and Rush.

FTFY. But Days of Thunder is my close 4th (when I don't just put "Highway To The Dangerzone" on the turntable and pretend I'm watching it...wait, wrong movie? Oh. I couldn't tell.)

Wirth1000 posted:

Face/Off owned.

That, I can't disagree with.

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus
Hell yeah Ott and Meeke flying. How the hell do you get four glowing brake discs on ice?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Dark red Mazda is phenomenal looking

plz win

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit
Ollie Jarvis is gonna win the Rolex and go to Disneyworld

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
If Mazda actually manage to pull this off, it will confirm we slipped into a parallel universe some time ago

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

CactusWeasle posted:

If Mazda actually manage to pull this off, it will confirm we slipped into a parallel universe some time ago

Mazda make the best everyman sportscar, it only makes sense they would make the best DPi

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

net work error posted:

Mazda make the best everyman sportscar, it only makes sense they would make the best DPi

uncalled for jinx

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

You're right. Mazda's are poo poo actually, haven't innovated in decades.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good job from the boys of Scuderia Corsa. Didnt Alonso would race at Daytona? WTF?

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Jordan Taylor qualified the car

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

Good job from the boys of Scuderia Corsa. Didnt Alonso would race at Daytona? WTF?

He’ll probably be in sometime during practice. Plus unlike in the WEC, only one driver sets the time in qualifying in IMSA - and by rules for this year, that driver has to start the car. Makes sense that the full-time guy is in there for qualifying.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Apologies if it's been posted already but what time does the 24hr race start? Need to figure out the time difference for Australia

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

freeranger posted:

Apologies if it's been posted already but what time does the 24hr race start? Need to figure out the time difference for Australia

14:35 pm EST on Saturday US time is the green flag per IMSA’s website, which is I think 06:35 am Sunday morning Melbourne time. So for us in Asia, early Sunday morning; for those in Europe, Saturday night.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

freeranger posted:

E;FB

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

harperdc posted:

14:35 pm EST on Saturday US time is the green flag per IMSA’s website, which is I think 06:35 am Sunday morning Melbourne time. So for us in Asia, early Sunday morning; for those in Europe, Saturday night.

Awesome, thanks. No idea why I didn't think to just look at their website.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Of note: NBCSN will have a preview show starting at 1pm

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
BMW ENDURANCE CHALLENGE live at imsa.tv

Racing season has starded!

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
The Mustang is better than the McLaren under brakes and in the twisty infield, which are words I never thought I would need to type

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

DoctorGonzo posted:

BMW ENDURANCE CHALLENGE live at imsa.tv

Racing season has starded!

This was a really loving fun race.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Found the onboard for the Mazda breaking the track record at Daytona.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2myqHfH7Z4

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I subbed to WRC+ and I am so pleased. The TV app is actually pretty good, but I think i’ll be laptop or phone watching mostly.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Watched Formula E quali, should be a pretty exciting race, wehrlein and vandoorne made it to super pole with pretty wicked good laps. Track is pretty nice, T1 reminds me of sebring with the blocky concrete and transition to tarmac.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
DiGrassi to the back, RIP pole

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Cars are rolling to the grid at Daytona. Go buy beer and coffee now, this is gonna be a fun one. Gonna be lots of streams up it seems, including Magnus, Ford, Porsche etc.

I am a dipshit and made plans this afternoon so i'm gonna miss some :(

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Cygni posted:

Cars are rolling to the grid at Daytona. Go buy beer and coffee now, this is gonna be a fun one. Gonna be lots of streams up it seems, including Magnus, Ford, Porsche etc.

I am a dipshit and made plans this afternoon so i'm gonna miss some :(

I might catch the start, not sure, but I'm gonna miss the vast majority of the beginning. Fuckin birthday parties.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Poor Massa getting no respect (lmao)

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Who is showing this in the U.K.?

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Stuck at work until 9-930pm EST but gonna try to sneak a stream onto one of my many screens. Yay working in a print shop.

Have plenty of Monster, Irish coffee and chocolate chip cookies for when I get home.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

NBC cuts to commercials way to often and then doesn't talk about why cars are in the pits. At least FS1 didn't go to commercial break for me while streaming.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

imsa.tv just loads forever on the main stream, which i guess means it's not available in canada?

I've been forced to watch this entirely unrelated youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-E6SWOQB2Y

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Powershift posted:

imsa.tv just loads forever on the main stream, which i guess means it's not available in canada?

I've been forced to watch this entirely unrelated youtube video

If SAS isn't paywalled I would remove that video from the thread, because that stream is the only way I can watch at work. Don't get me hosed over mate.

Also the mazdas running in formation in 3rd and 4th is pretty cool.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 26, 2019

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

SPACE HOMOS posted:

NBC cuts to commercials way to often and then doesn't talk about why cars are in the pits. At least FS1 didn't go to commercial break for me while streaming.

counterpoint: Fox didnt stream the hours that the race was on tv

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Checking in.

Currently watching via nbcsn, is there any channels showing parts of the race when nbcsn aren't? Doesn't matter if it's elsewhere, or will I just have to stream via imsa.tv?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

:siren:ZANARDI TIME:siren: