Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Isn't 'dinger also driving in the race?

e: yes, in the 86 Acura

I mean, they used to get MotoGP racers to comment on races on a weekend when they were racing (or if they'd been bounced due to injury), so this doesn't seem weird to me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
Ugh, rally cars are sexy.

Wirth1000 posted:

There’s 3 great racing movies that already exist in the form of Grand Prix, Steve McQueens Le Mans and Rush.

FTFY. But Days of Thunder is my close 4th (when I don't just put "Highway To The Dangerzone" on the turntable and pretend I'm watching it...wait, wrong movie? Oh. I couldn't tell.)

Wirth1000 posted:

Face/Off owned.

That, I can't disagree with.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
Zoom zoom, more like boom boom

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Fauxhawk Express posted:

can we talk MotoGP itt?

because I'm thinking of getting their videopass and want to see what other people think of it first

It's worth it IMO, but I'm the rear end in a top hat who has a Nicky Hayden keychain and a WLF hat, so I'm obviously a broke-brained anorak.

Since there's no app for the AppleTV specifically, I beam it to the TV from my iPad, and it has a tendency to gently caress up catastrophically about once every 4 races. Currently taking bets on whether I'll watch Argentina at all this year because, for a variety of reasons I can't explain offhand, I have never managed to watch an Argentina race, live or replay.

If you don't want the multi screen features, it's cheaper to get the standard feed. The multi screen options are neat and all, but it tends to crash even more readily than the single feed.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

gret posted:

Might be new for this season, but MotoGP does now have an AppleTV app.

Correction, AppleTV 3 app. I don't have one of those fancy new ones with the better app selection. This is a personal problem, I realize.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

harperdc posted:

Like I said on discord, we had a close race, Marquez near the top, and Crazy Joe crashed out. MotoGP is definitely back for 2019.

Ducati has to be strong because four other manufacturers wanted them excluded because of a technical part

I love Rossi so much because he’s willing to sacrifice sponsor money just to say “I love pussy” on his leathers and merch. Legend.

MotoGP is so hot this year I am :getin: as gently caress right now.

I've actually been stopped at rural grocery stores in Oregon by Rossi fans when I wear my gear in public. I loving love this place.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

net work error posted:

Also wild that he gets no points since he fell out of the top 8. That's gotta be a big bummer for him. Does formula 1 have mandatory tire changes as well?

Yup, you have to use at least one set each of the prime and option tires in a race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Bentai posted:

https://jalopnik.com/rebellions-eye-searing-liveries-will-bring-a-splash-of-1835355540
Rebellion's Eye Searing Liveries Will Bring a Splash of Color to Le Mans

Wait, who thought turning my 3rd grade orthodontic retainer into a car was a good idea?