Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005
More retro liveries

https://twitter.com/PorscheRaces/status/1088077951185444864

wait, are they still retro if they were in use up to 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

harperdc posted:

so we really did peak in about 2014-15, eh? time for sports cars to be a bit of a clown shoes mess for a little bit. Such is life, such is the circle of sportscar racing.

It’s a shame since those 14/15 P1 regs seem to be what Ford are looking for now.

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

harperdc posted:

LMP1H but at maaaaaaaybe like half the budget or less?

"get serious about hybrids, raise the power level and performance capabilities to something more than the bare minimum, and Ford would return" doesn't really go with lower budgets unfortunately

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

julian assflange posted:

It’s the same as the telly, OP so you get the ads

There's a second option that just has the E logo instead of the E1 on the thumbnail that's ad-free

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005
I'm not sure if I'm remembering the right set of rules (these might be the IMSA ones?) but I think they don't have to declare which 15 sets before the race, so they can decide on compounds mid-race. The tyres are recorded by RFID so they might've used tyres from 16 different sets by accident, although it was probably too early for that to have happened. The only other "tyre type at the wrong time" rule I can think of is do do with wets so that's not it.

Maybe they used tyres from the team car by mistake?

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

Dudley posted:

Something like that. I forget the specific reason they got dinged but it might actually be for that.

it was for sneaking into parc ferme to cover it back up

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005
It was definitely the teams fault, the pdf of the decision is in this DSC article and it looks like they got some calculations wrong:

quote:

The competitor explained that the team checked the Maximum Onboard Fuel Volume before the car was shipped from the USA and that they then rechecked the volume after the change in BOP, however this was done using the weight and density of the fuel rather than by measuring the volume directly.

Also worth noting that while a lot of people (not ITT though) are throwing around "only 100ml" they stopped checking once they hit the reported 96.1litres, since it was already over the limit and actually found more than that when they fully emptied the tank during the 2nd check with a team rep present.

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

Shumagorath posted:

It looks like I saw something like an LMP2 but there are also hatchbacks with race liveries...? How many classes are in this?

There are 33 classes listed on the VLN site (https://www.vln.de/en/division-into-classes/)but I don't think all of them are in this race.

You probably saw the only SPX entrant: the SCG-003, which is built to FIA GT3 spec (the SP9 class here), but they don't make enough of them for homologation so it's in SPX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005
I can't believe we lived to see this day.