Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Season 3 is great, and I think its very amusing how these characters have grown so much over the 3 seasons of being a wacky time travel comedy.

My favorite things from season 3:

-Wolf completely leaning in to the "leaves an indelible mark on the world wherever he goes"
-Everything about the diecathalon "They only have 1 ball, and when I took this one it looked like he wanted to die"
-All the diecathalon future society gags were pretty great
-There is an extended gag in the finale where they reveal this to be based on a true story but with all the main characters white washed, this was maybe my favorite gag
-I like when everyone kind of swapped roles a bit in haven
-Baja yaha

The only thing I didn't like from season 3:

-No shots of Futterman's giant wolf dong

I like where it leaves off and hope they eventually get around to having another, but this one feels like it wrapped up pretty good.

MVP of the series is definitely Wolf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

pwn posted:

Also how did you reply in this thread? The last post was from last May. Do threads not archive anymore?

Apparently?
No clue, I just searched it. It was only on page 6 or something. Maybe they only archive, past some page.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm about halfway through the season and I mentioned this in the chat thread but it is very clear that they had no budget this year. Just so much of it takes place in the woods or really basic sets. The writing is just as strong though with the end of episode 3/all of episode 4 being completely amazing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jerkface posted:

Season 3 is great, and I think its very amusing how these characters have grown so much over the 3 seasons of being a wacky time travel comedy.

-Wolf completely leaning in to the "leaves an indelible mark on the world wherever he goes"
-Everything about the diecathalon "They only have 1 ball, and when I took this one it looked like he wanted to die"
-All the diecathalon future society gags were pretty great
-There is an extended gag in the finale where they reveal this to be based on a true story but with all the main characters white washed, this was maybe my favorite gag
-I like when everyone kind of swapped roles a bit in haven
-Baja yaha

I like where it leaves off and hope they eventually get around to having another, but this one feels like it wrapped up pretty good.

MVP of the series is definitely Wolf

Agreed with all of this, except I want to add the end of episode 3 reveal was also fantastic.

My only complaint is that the Haven stuff dragged a little too long, but overall I still enjoyed the season. I'd rank the seasons 1>3>2

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

muscles like this! posted:

I'm about halfway through the season and I mentioned this in the chat thread but it is very clear that they had no budget this year. Just so much of it takes place in the woods or really basic sets. The writing is just as strong though with the end of episode 3/all of episode 4 being completely amazing.

I prefer some site in the woods to endless desert.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While I was a little disappointed there were only eight episodes they definitely stuck the landing.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Jerkface posted:

This absolutely destroyed me hahahaha.

Pretty good as a wrap-up for the show, I think. I wish they'd had the budget for more fight scenes and better sets, but I had a lot of fun with this season. Much better than S2.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Just started watching the new season, only a couple episodes in. I love it, it's already better than season 2, especially writing-wise between the main 3.

Can someone just tell me yes/no, does Haley Joel Osment return for this season?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
No

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
haha aw, makes sense though. He was my favorite character in some ways (Wolf's still my favorite overall)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Anyone else think the scene with Seth Rogen at the beginning of the final episode was kind of weird? Almost like he wasn't available for that day.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
This season was hilarious and a good send-off for the series, despite the budget shortcomings. At least they were able to dress that forest up as a bunch of different times, the changes gave the show some energy that season 2 had lacked. And even once they settled down, Haven was weird and came with changes in the characters' dynamics that kept the pace up.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

This season did nothing to allay my irrational hatred of Seth Rogan. Was a decent wrap up given that it looked like they had about 1/4 the budget of previous seasons.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

My two favorite things from this season:

Tetherball-bro Abe Lincoln
”That ain’t my hat, bruh. I’m a Kangol man... always have been, always will be.”

And from the finale, the special thanks behind the scenes biopic whitewashing

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Jerkface posted:

They didn't have the budget for it this season. That thing was expensive!

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

It was super dumb but I couldn't stop laughing at the Osama Bin Laden reveal. Probably my second favorite joke after the end credits.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

This season was amazing, and i am very sad it is over.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I also thought perhaps the best gag was the whitewashing. Generally a good final season.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

“Before this moment... my life was not my own.
I was a passenger
wilting under withering suns
and pitiless skies.
I searched for God
in the glisten of my tears
But the flood of my salvation
was between my legs
You’ve awoken my womanhood... Set my humanity aflame.”

“Yeah. I didn’t understand a word of that. Want me to eat out that rear end again?”

“Dah.”

MadJackal fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Apr 15, 2020

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

The absolute goofiness of those post scenes will cement this thing as a cult classic for decades

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit
a

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Mar 31, 2022

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit
a

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Mar 31, 2022

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
The best thing about season 2 was when Futterman like teleported somewhere or something and it just did an epic pan around of him standing there hulked out with his giant wolf dong. I seriously laughed for 5 minutes at that. And why I'm sad I didn't see it in S3.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It was a really strong season, but it definitely needed more episodes. The pacing was great up through Haven, but then it felt rushed in the last episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, I was really shocked to see that the episode after they leave Haven was the very last one. It did not feel like they were moving toward the ending.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Just binged it and it is such a good show, even though season one is the best of the three by far. :unsmith:

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
The show got hit hard by the budget hammer, but I think they managed to pull off a satisfying end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006
Just finished this. Fun stuff. I think the forest budget issues wouldn't have been so bad if the transition from WWI Russia to Colonial America didn't look like just two shots of the same grove of trees. It didn't bother me much overall though. I do wish Josh got more of an ending though. We know what Tiger and Wolf are doing, but for Josh we just know what he's NOT doing--hanging on to his old life.

Overall a very fun series, yeah S2 drags a bit. But the show is never afraid to be raunchy or super weird or to try to just be really funny. I feel like a lot of comedy today is constrained, they're worried their jokes might not be funny so they tone them down and lead more toward drama.